Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Stephy Mavididi

37 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Was done days ago 

the issue was the finance company underwriting the cash 

city are kicking all deals down the road 

banking on premier league cash coming back to levels of the last few years 

I’m not cribbing it , but given we have recieved a lot of cash from sales it seems risky to me 

it’s clear cash is an issue for the owner and FFP rules have wiped us out 

we dreamed big , stuck with Rodger’s and now walk in a financial swamp 

We need new ownership, if we get promoted, Top should sell us.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Was done days ago 

I’m not cribbing it , but given we have recieved a lot of cash from sales it seems risky to me 

Have we received a lot of cash from sales, or are we just dealing with clubs doing exactly the same as what we are doing? I doubt Newcastle or Spurs have done either of their amounts up front!

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

.. but they can be changed on review, it is not a job for life!!!

Yes and even then it’s on the owners discretion’s- the buck has to stop at the top. Not that I am saying they should go!  They like everyone deserve a chance of retribution! (Especially them in fact)

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

This.  This Club with someone like Edu on board for example, would be in a different place.  Top and King Power are extremely supportive and we should never forget this.

Easy to forget Edu has had 600m + to spend at Arsenal making life a little easier. 

Edited by coolhandfox

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Easy to forget Edu has had 500m + to spend at Arsenal making life a little easier. 

Yes - but it’s all relative i.e. having someone with some nonce over-seeing football operations.  This whether you have 1m or 200m to spend. 

9 minutes ago, Walkerfox said:

Our “owner” has literally dragged the whole squad over to Thailand so he can show off to all his mates and the three Leicester fans over there.

This is whilst playing a grand total of one game to get us up to speed for the start of the championship season, a league we’re in because he left the running of the club to his incompetent little lap dog. 

I’d love new owners to be honest. 

Agreed fully, we got lucky with Maresca a recommendation from another owner to Top the whole board needs a revamp including the ownership.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

Agreed fully, we got lucky with Maresca a recommendation from another owner to Top the whole board needs a revamp including the ownership.

...true with the acquiring of Maresca, but Rudkin was there when they took over and there is an overreliance on him to plot a direction for this club!!!

He is limited in his knowledge of the game and should not be in this position, it is far too important to trust him in it. If Susan Whelan needs to come in to get deals over the line then you can see he is not fit for purpose.

Macia or Walsh would have been more suitable for the role

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

2 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

We need new ownership, if we get promoted, Top should sell us.

Wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference to our FFP situation....  And the trouble with football owners is that you just don't know what you're going to get.

3 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

Was done days ago 

How do you mean cash is an issue for the owner? Also hasn’t a new FFP cycle started this summer? Surely we shouldn’t be wiped out already.

I found it interesting how Guillem mentioned on the podcast there’s not much money at the moment but expects a few to leave to make money as there is interest from Serie A and La Liga. At the time presumed he got his facts wrong due to two big sales, clearly Enzo has mentioned it to him.

As always appreciate the info mate.

6 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference to our FFP situation....  And the trouble with football owners is that you just don't know what you're going to get.

Either way it would have to be someone that could afford us or take us to the next level on par with Top or better.

Edited by Happy Fox

7 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Either way it would have to be someone that could afford us or take us to the next level on par with Top or better.

I don't think KP's problem, financially, is a lack of funds - after all they wrote off 200M in debt - as newcastle are discovering, it's the FFP trap that's designed to keep low-income clubs off the top table.  So even if it was an nation-state-oilmagnate buy out,  if our FFP is on the cusp now, it still would be for them - the only way to get out of it is to earn more or spend less.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lillehamring said:

I don't think KP's problem, financially, is a lack of funds - after all they wrote off 200M in debt - as newcastle are discovering, it's the FFP trap that's designed to keep low-income clubs off the top table.  So even if it was an nation-state-oilmagnate buy out,  if our FFP is on the cusp now, it still would be for them - the only way to get out of it is to earn more or spend less.

I think it was said 2/3 years ago that budget wise without FFP we would have been around mid table in the prem. so I agree, I don’t think KP are skint but this FFP is effecting everyone 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...true with the acquiring of Maresca, but Rudkin was there when they took over and there is an overreliance on him to plot a direction for this club!!!

He is limited in his knowledge of the game and should not be in this position, it is far too important to trust him in it. If Susan Wheeler needs to come in to get deals over the line then you can see he is not fit for purpose.

Macia or Waslh would have been more suitable for the role

Who is the Susan Wheeler woman and is Waslh some Polish scout or something? Just asking 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

Was done days ago 

This whole post just makes little sense. 

All deals are kicked down the road, as in terms of the accounts the cost of the players is mortised over the length of their contract. 

FFP rules have wiped us out? How exactly? And how is it a cash issue for the owner, if FFP is limiting what we can spend it has nothing to do with their cash. And if they have no money, they wouldn't' write of £200m of loans last season. 

Now, if you'd said we are about to re-arrange the financing agreement, that's probably a bit more likely. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

They've not wrote it off they've just shifted it into shares. They'll get it back when they sell (providing we get promoted).

• Haha 1