Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Stephy Mavididi

2 minutes ago, Guest said:

Bit of pace in the team is sorely needed imo and was even when Barnes was here. Giles as another option on the left and someone else tricky and rapid on the right and we're looking good.

Giles

That big target man geezer (I’ve decided I want one)

Rak-Sakyi

Casedei

That’d be 5 to @Sambiasso’s 6+ ‘expected’.

Shift out the bottlers and we’ll be ready. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 80footgiraffe said:

Saw a comparison to Zaha on another forum. Any truth in that @Finnegan?

Awkward one that. 

Zaha has scored a goal every 360 minutes in the Premier League, Mavididi has scored one every 270 minutes in Ligue 1.

But Zaha has played in a variety of positions including as a central striker, it's generally a better quality league but he's played for a team that for years under Hodgson was painfully negative. 

I think it's a bit optimistic to suggest he's better but it is a positive reflection of his rate of return for goals. I'd say he's probably a more accurate and consistent finisher but Zaha likely has a much better all round game. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

Reading this forum baffles me..some people are never happy. We're in the Championship now yet some forum members seem to think we can still go sign Mbappe. Hardly any of you have ever seen him play yet some are instantly writing him off or thinking he's rubbish from a YouTube video which they've watched for all of 5 mins.

How about you actually see him play in a Leicester shirt who will have a different style to his previous teams and he may actually flourish. People really need to watch  players themselves live over a period of time before making their own judgement. 

In truth not many other teams in the championship will be buying wingers such as this for 6mill quid which in today's market is peanuts.. He'll be a good addition, home grown, won't need time to settle and appears to  brings pace and directness which we desperately need. If it dosen't work out we don't lose much and can recoup money.

With the diag balls we seem to be playing in pre season if he's playing wide enough he could cause serious problems and score relatively freely.

All i needed to know was that he's good defensively. If youre a winger that tracks back you dont even need particularly special attacking numbers. The fact he score fairly frequently as well and looks rapid is a bonus.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Casadei is 50/50 - Needs convincing

Rak-Sakyi is on a long list of potential wide players, wouldn't set your heart on it - Been doing very well for Palace.

Giles I expect to be done

Mavididi

Still believe there's Tom Cairney deal on the table, Fulham are having a crisis atm and have signed 0 players so unlikely before the season starts. 

Still expect us to visit Man City again for Mebude.

Lots of irons in the fire and 6 weeks to go so lots can change.

Mebude? If it’s the striker/winger I wouldn’t be excited one bit 

10 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Rak-Sakyi is on a long list of potential wide players, wouldn't set your heart on it - Been doing very well for Palace.

Mavididi

Still believe there's Tom Cairney deal on the table, Fulham are having a crisis atm and have signed 0 players so unlikely before the season starts. 

Much appreciated as always.

anything on the outgoings 

22 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

14 goals and 15 assists last season for Man City under 21s as a right winger

Just Do It Shia GIF by MOODMAN

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Mavididi

Giles on a transfer or loan?

25 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Mavididi

Would love to see us develop the next star of Scottish football. 

We'll have to fight off strong competition from Burnley for Mebude. Not for footballing reasons, but they've heard that George Friend and Idrissa Gueye are available according to their agents, and their Twitter account team have got the idea for their next cringey TV based signing announcement video:

7 hours ago, kingfox said:

It’s very difficult to judge Mavididi on the basis of last season, because he was used mainly as an impact substitute. 

From the games I saw last season, he was very hit and miss, some games he made an impact, Monaco away being the prime example, while in other games he didn’t really do much. 

As a Barnes replacement he ticks the boxes, has pace and directness.

At Championship level I can see him being a solid addition. 

So pretty much exactly like Barnes....