Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Stephy Mavididi

If they did sell Mebude to us it would be a deal with a buyback clause I would assume.  They did the same with Nacho but obviously didn't take it up.  This kid looks very promising.  Why is he representing Scotland though at the youth level?  Online it says he was born in London

1 hour ago, Sambiasso said:

Casadei is 50/50 - Needs convincing

Rak-Sakyi is on a long list of potential wide players, wouldn't set your heart on it - Been doing very well for Palace.

Giles I expect to be done

Mavididi

Still believe there's Tom Cairney deal on the table, Fulham are having a crisis atm and have signed 0 players so unlikely before the season starts. 

Still expect us to visit Man City again for Mebude.

Lots of irons in the fire and 6 weeks to go so lots can change.

heard anything about Archer from Villa?

5 minutes ago, Molson Canadian said:

If they did sell Mebude to us it would be a deal with a buyback clause I would assume.  They did the same with Nacho but obviously didn't take it up.  This kid looks very promising.  Why is he representing Scotland though at the youth level?  Online it says he was born in London

Spent almost his entire life in Scotland. Him and his brother both represent Scotland at youth level. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Awkward one that. 

Zaha has scored a goal every 360 minutes in the Premier League, Mavididi has scored one every 270 minutes in Ligue 1.

But Zaha has played in a variety of positions including as a central striker, it's generally a better quality league but he's played for a team that for years under Hodgson was painfully negative. 

I think it's a bit optimistic to suggest he's better but it is a positive reflection of his rate of return for goals. I'd say he's probably a more accurate and consistent finisher but Zaha likely has a much better all round game. 

Tbh even in the realms of quality we must be doing well to get him in the Championship. You’ve convinced me 🫡

1 hour ago, Molson Canadian said:

yeah City usually have buy back and sell on clauses in all the youngsters they sell

3 hours ago, indierich06 said:

I still think we'd need a proper #10 - not convinced Casadei is that man. 

We're more than likely not going to play one. 

Whilst I do think people are forgetting we've hired Enzo Maresca not Pep Guardiola and that he's going to be his own man with his own ideas, early signs are that his preferred shape is going to draw a lot of influence from Pep. 

The system we've used so far has featured two 8s. I'd be surprised if we play a conventional 10 much. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, majaco said:

Mods.  Ban this poster for misuse of City.

We are City ffs.   You're  not a television pundit and you are on a Leicester  CITY forum.

Christ get your finger out. In context it's completely fine to just use "city"

Same way I wouldn't constantly say "Man United" to refer to them when talking about them to make clear I wasn't actually talking about Sheffield or Newcastle United

2 minutes ago, majaco said:

Mods.  Another ban needed.

People get annoyed because it's  annoying.  

You have never heard anyone refer to Leicester as City?  What planet do you support City on?  

Manchester City have lazily become known as City recently since oil money raised their status.   If you're a Leicester,  Norwich, Truro, Exeter, Bristol City, Birmingham, Elgin etc fan it's  disrespectful.   Particularly if you've  a City fan on a City forum.

Read this post carefully- to be clear Leicester are referred to as City numerous times- and you won't come across as such a noob.

People only get annoyed about it because they’re little Englanders who want to gatekeep the language.

Language is there to be understood and to understand. Everyone understands what he meant, other than that, who cares? You’re just setting up pointless rules to create a caste-system of otherness between “correct” and “incorrect” language.

Mods. Is that was I’m supposed to say?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, majaco said:

You have never heard anyone refer to Leicester as City?  What planet do you support City on?  

Manchester City have lazily become known as City recently since oil money raised their status.   If you're a Leicester,  Norwich, Truro, Exeter, Bristol City, Birmingham, Elgin etc fan it's  disrespectful.   Particularly if you've  a City fan on a City forum.

Read this post carefully- to be clear Leicester are referred to as City numerous times- and you won't come across as such a noob.

Bet you’re fun at parties 

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

People only get annoyed about it because they’re little Englanders who want to gatekeep the language.

Language is there to be understood and to understand. Everyone understands what he meant, other than that, who cares? You’re just setting up pointless rules to create a caste-system of otherness between “correct” and “incorrect” language.

Mods. Is that was I’m supposed to say?

To be honest I don't think he was serious about wanting a ban, just a bit of humorous banter is how I read it.

Some people get so uptight in this PC world, they forget what a bit of fun is.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

To be honest I don't think he was serious about wanting a ban, just a bit of humorous banter is how I read it.

He literally said it was annoying and was a form of being disrespectful. He clearly wasn’t joking about it or doing it for a “bit of fun” tbf.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sampson said:

He literally said it was annoying and was a form of being disrespectful. He wasn’t joking about it.

Again though, you can read it in which ever way you want too. 

I can see how someone could read it in that way, but I read it to be in a more jovial way.

I suppose Majaco could tell us if he wants too. 

It's really not that important though either way 

Edited by smudger63

24 minutes ago, majaco said:

Literally none of those other clubs have a team in the same league with a similar name. There's not a Norwich United or a Birmingham Athletic or got that matter a Leicester Rovers in the Championship that needs the distinction. 

Man City are commonly called just City to distinguish them from the other Manchester next door, yknow, the biggest football club in the world. 

Even in Leicester more people refer to our football club as Leicester than City. 

You're just being needlessly sensitive tbh, as is everyone else with the same extremely cringe worthy chip on their shoulder. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

21 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

I know man it's ridiculous. Imagine getting so uptight over someone calling the blue Manchester club "City."

32 minutes ago, majaco said:

my man said Truro and Elgin lmao 

• Haha 1