Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Stephy Mavididi

24 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Again though, you can read it in which ever way you want too. 

I can see how someone could read it in that way, but I read it to be in a more jovial way.

I suppose Majaco could tell us if he wants too. 

It's really not that important though either way 

“Read into it whichever way want to”? Again, he literally accused the other poster of being disrespectful and said the term was annoying him and passively aggressively asked the other poster what planet he was on.

There is not really a way that can be read as being “jovial” tbh, you don’t say it’s annoying and say something is disrespectful “especially as a Leicester fan on a Leicester forum” in that way as “a joke”.

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

DEALS OFF!!

Stephy feels like he was misled as he was initially made aware that the interest was from "City", painted his whole house sky blue and started following Noel Gallagher on Twitter. 

Rudkin refuses to reimburse him for the 14 tins of paint and the Definitely Maybe album he ordered on Prime, there was a big argument and Mavididi walked away from negotiations. 

Mavididi is still walking away a winner though, Definitely Maybe is a cracking album

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Literally none of those other clubs have a team in the same league with a similar name. There's not a Norwich United or a Birmingham Athletic or got that matter a Leicester Rovers in the Championship that needs the distinction. 

Man City are commonly called just City to distinguish them from the other Manchester next door, yknow, the biggest football club in the world. 

Even in Leicester more people refer to our football club as Leicester than City. 

You're just being needlessly sensitive tbh, as is everyone else with the same extremely cringe worthy chip on their shoulder. 

Tend to agree with this. I would rather all including the media would prefer to refer to Man City rather than City but hey ho. I can understand Leicester locals saying City for our club but this won't work for those of us outside the area. I always say Leicester not City as everyone would think I meant Man City.  

4 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

This whole thread is really getting on my nerves.  The amount of disrespect shown to City is off the charts.  And by City I mean Stoke City, formed in 1863 and as far as my extensive research (Wiki) reveals the original 'City' club.  

In future unless referring specifically to Stoke City I will be reporting any post referring only to 'City' to @davieG 

Smarty pants says , Stoke did not become a city until 1925.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Sampson said:

“Read into it whichever way want to”? Again, he literally accused the other poster of being disrespectful and said the term was annoying him and passively aggressively asked the other poster what planet he was on.

There is not really a way that can be read as being “jovial” tbh, you don’t say it’s annoying and say something is disrespectful “especially as a Leicester fan on a Leicester forum” in that way as “a joke”.

Suspect you are all getting animated over a humorous, light-hearted post. Aggression and disrespect is not @majaco’s style. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

This whole thread is really getting on my nerves.  The amount of disrespect shown to City is off the charts.  And by City I mean Stoke City, formed in 1863 and as far as my extensive research (Wiki) reveals the original 'City' club.  

In future unless referring specifically to Stoke City I will be reporting any post referring only to 'City' to @davieG 

Mods :ph34r:

• Haha 1

I've always said City more than Leicester even though I don't live there.

The 'who's driving to City' for the next home game, is the usual whatsapp message. 

Man City are known as  the Citizens as well , so that's probably got something to do with it ,as well as the the 2 clubs from Manchester bit.

Or maybe not😄

Edited by Weller Wing

5 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Quick search suggests wait for it Coventry City took the name in 1898. Not sure if there is an earlier contender

Man City took their present name in 1894. Seems like they were the first in England. However, Elgin City existed in various forms from 1879 though.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Man City took their present name in 1894. Seems like they were the first in England. However, Elgin City existed in various forms from 1879 though.

Ah well guess we can't moan too much about the Mancs. Soft spot for Elgin City since we got Ian Wilson

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

People only get annoyed about it because they’re little Englanders who want to gatekeep the language.

Language is there to be understood and to understand. Everyone understands what he meant, other than that, who cares? You’re just setting up pointless rules to create a caste-system of otherness between “correct” and “incorrect” language.

Mods. Is that was I’m supposed to say?

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

He literally said it was annoying and was a form of being disrespectful. He clearly wasn’t joking about it or doing it for a “bit of fun” tbf.

59 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I think I upset someone.   

16 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Perhaps when referring to City as City,  clarification should be included in any statements.

"I am going to the King Power (the football ground not the HQ of the duty-free company sponsored by the Thai monarchy) to watch City ((Leicester not Elgin, Coventry, Truro, Manchester, Norwich, Birmingham, Wells, Stoke (that only became a city in 1926 and share a city with the Vale), or Bristol etc)) to watch them play a home game against Town.

To further clarify, by Birmingham I mean the West Midland city, not the Birmingham in Alanbma.

The new season needs to start now.  Any news on Mavididi (Stephy).

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

I've always called us the Fosse just to avoid confusion :ph34r:

I was calling us Leicester Toss during much of last season.