Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Stephy Mavididi

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Literally none of those other clubs have a team in the same league with a similar name. There's not a Norwich United or a Birmingham Athletic or got that matter a Leicester Rovers in the Championship that needs the distinction. 

Man City are commonly called just City to distinguish them from the other Manchester next door, yknow, the biggest football club in the world. 

Even in Leicester more people refer to our football club as Leicester than City. 

You're just being needlessly sensitive tbh, as is everyone else with the same extremely cringe worthy chip on their shoulder. 

There’s a good name …Leicester chips, or Leicester pork-pies.

Though shouting come on the chips or Pork pies,it doesn’t have a good ring

about it. lol

Though Fosse because we are uniquely tied through history to this name..:scarf:

we could also use Leicester nuts,because of Name association,because the local streets around the ground…

Notts county or Forest have used the 2nd name proudly since they began..

8 minutes ago, majaco said:

Perhaps when referring to City as City,  clarification should be included in any statements.

"I am going to the King Power (the football ground not the HQ of the duty-free company sponsored by the Thai monarchy) to watch City ((Leicester not Elgin, Coventry, Truro, Manchester, Norwich, Birmingham, Wells, Stoke (that only became a city in 1926 and share a city with the Vale), or Bristol etc)) to watch them play a home game against Town.

To further clarify, by Birmingham I mean the West Midland city, not the Birmingham in Alanbma.

The new season needs to start now.  Any news on Mavididi (Stephy).

What do you mean by "watch?"

Do you mean you're going to look at or observe attentively or are you referring to a small timepiece typically worn on a strap on one's wrist? 

You're comment is far too ambiguous!

• Like 1

I have this constant banter with my ManC supporting mate. I refer to Leicester because he's not from here and I expect him to refer to Man City as I'm not from there. However, he inivitably calls his club 'City' and I immediately change likewise. Makes the conversation confusing but if he starts it I can't help myself. 

All this 'City' and 'United' stuff reminds me why I no longer subscribe to Sky or BT Sport. 

Chris Sutton is right on this. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, majaco said:

Perhaps when referring to City as City,  clarification should be included in any statements.

"I am going to the King Power (the football ground not the HQ of the duty-free company sponsored by the Thai monarchy) to watch City ((Leicester not Elgin, Coventry, Truro, Manchester, Norwich, Birmingham, Wells, Stoke (that only became a city in 1926 and share a city with the Vale), or Bristol etc)) to watch them play a home game against Town.

To further clarify, by Birmingham I mean the West Midland city, not the Birmingham in Alanbma.

The new season needs to start now.  Any news on Mavididi (Stephy).

Life's too short to get annoyed by things like this. When I'm conversing with a fellow Leicester City fan, I refer to us as 'City'. If I am talking to someone who is not a Leicester City fan then I will say 'Leicester'. I think that is a fairly easy thing to do without any drama. I have also come to accept that in the mainstream media, when someone says 'City', they are referring to Manchester City.

12 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

The bloke can’t even put his trousers on properly. 

Is that what the clock social media is like? World's gone mad! Looks like I'm not missing out at all. 

Edited by fox_favourite

50 minutes ago, Scotch said:

You've got to love that weird space between a reported signing and the announcement when we completely break down as a working community and start bickering over mental things like the fuching pronouns of our club!

...... I should probably add given the pedantic nature of the current conversation that I am fully aware the word "City" is not in fact a pronoun before people lose their mind. 

We're only a few pages away from @urban.spaceman posting highlights of Maddison at Norwich and about 10,000 "jokes" about Morrisons and the length/number of medicals.

Edited by Finnegan
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

We're only a few pages away from @urban.spaceman posting highlights of Maddison at Norwich and about 10,000 "jokes" about Morrisons and the length/number of medicals.

...Then we enter the glorious "making up songs for him" phase!

56 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Life's too short to get annoyed by things like this. When I'm conversing with a fellow Leicester City fan, I refer to us as 'City'. If I am talking to someone who is not a Leicester City fan then I will say 'Leicester'. I think that is a fairly easy thing to do without any drama. I have also come to accept that in the mainstream media, when someone says 'City', they are referring to Manchester City.

I think that is the correct respectful way. It would be good to have that occasionally reciprocated. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Respectfully that doesn't usually start until around page 75 when someone points out that it won't get announced until we hit 100 pages.

59 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Get out, this is the city thread 

Why the Fuk we're not Fosse, I'll never know.

Wolves,Villa,Forest ,for example,  are all unique and everyone immediately knows who you're on about. 

Let's get a another vote down at the KP , and get Pierrepont out at the same time👍

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stu said:

…anyway!

You should have checked Moores posts. If you think you've got something to post, he's probably done it for you. He'll  be going "Here we go!" and such soon...

Edited by JimJams
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

Wolves,Villa,Forest ,for example,  are all unique and everyone immediately knows who you're on about. 

Let's get a another vote down at the KP , and get Pierrepont out at the same time👍

Bolton Wanderers , Villareal, Forest Green.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Foxdiamond said:

Ah well guess we can't moan too much about the Mancs. Soft spot for Elgin City since we got Ian Wilson

...don't throw another "City" into this, it has caused enough upset already!!!

So it seems for Leicester supporters the term "City" would have been used to describe ourselves but since 2010 to the present day, the success of Manchester City has usurped all claim to the word "City" in football conversations.

Forums such as FT (a Leicester-centric media platform) would be littered with "we", "our" or "this club", instead of the use of the word "City". When I speak to my die-hard Arsenal-supporting friend and the word "City" is used, we are clearly referring to Manchester, the word "City" is ingrained in all commentator's vocabulary and it refers to the only one club they all talk about, "Manchester City."

1 hour ago, Weller Wing said:

Could never understand why we didn't vote to revert to  Fosse when we had chance to in post administration days. It would have set us aside from the mundane.

I like how open Enzo is. He seems happy to divulge some information and is fairly transparent. At least he will say what he thinks and feels. 

I used to hate how cryptic Brendan was, and then how anything he said made little to no sense, it’s refreshing to see some honesty.

• Like 3