Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Stephy Mavididi

11 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

I know a lot about a lot of things but I have genuinely never heard of this chap.

Can someone more knowledgeable than me, reassure me that he's actually decent at football as I currently have this feeling in my water that he's going to be a bit shite.

Please..someone..anyone,  spit some stats at me.

Has had 3 very average seasons at a below average side in Montpellier. 26 goals and 6 assists in Ligue 1 in about 100 starts being used as a left winger and second striker.

Will not be our answer if and when we return to the premier league but will comfortably be our best winger (our only winger😂)

Would expect 15-20 goal contributions from him if he played in 40+ games in this league. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Statistically this lad’s similar to Barnesy. Presumably that’s why he’s been targeted. Hoping he’s announced soon. 

Statistically, there's probably a lad similar in the National League 🤣 and there's the big difference, it's where you achieved the stats that counts.

At 25yrs this bloke seems to have been round the block in three different countries, so is well exposed yet is still hardly setting the world alight. Is one year in the Championship, if we were really fortunate to get promoted, make him suitable for the Premiership? If Arsenal and Juventus couldn't tease the talent out of him, why would we? Sorry to be a pessimist.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brizzle Fox said:

I know a lot about a lot of things but I have genuinely never heard of this chap.

Can someone more knowledgeable than me, reassure me that he's actually decent at football as I currently have this feeling in my water that he's going to be a bit shite.

Please..someone..anyone,  spit some stats at me.

You'll see some fairly indifferent/average responses to your question, but take a look further back in this thread for some more balanced analysis from finnegan.

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Statistically, there's probably a lad similar in the National League 🤣 and there's the big difference, it's where you achieved the stats that counts.

At 25yrs this bloke seems to have been round the block in three different countries, so is well exposed yet is still hardly setting the world alight. Is one year in the Championship, if we were really fortunate to get promoted, make him suitable for the Premiership? If Arsenal and Juventus couldn't tease the talent out of him, why would we? Sorry to be a pessimist.

He’s got good figures in Ligue 1 - we aren’t talking the National league.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Molson Canadian said:

I had a gut feeling he wouldn't be up to much, but honestly he looks OK in this Compilation. I know I know it means very little but he has pace, takes on a man, can go to byline or cut in, some decent finishing there too. 

• Like 1

You never know when you are going come across the next Mahrez.

• Like 1

Ligue 1 is a significantly stronger league than the Championship. He’s a proven performer at level higher than we are at. IF we go up he MIGHT end up as a squad player, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Plane last tracked over Corfu... there's no smoke without fire. 

24 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Departure lounge most likely. 

Can never tell from your posts whether you're a really funny guy or a really cynical bastard 😂

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Maybe their standards when he was a youngster are different from us being in the Championship? 

Players also mature in different ways. Youri is 26 and people are saying he’s already past his peak due to the amount of football he’s played. 

I feel like Mavididi’s record in Ligue 1 has shown he’s got the potential for what we need 

Good point 👍🏻

• Like 1

4 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I understand your concern, but what I'm trying to remind myself is that we're not just signing players—we're (re)building a team. And a team can be more than the sum of its parts. Maresca and Glover might feel Mavididi is one of those 'parts' we need to get the team to click.

• Like 1