Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Stephy Mavididi

46 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

And yet they'll be slaughtered for jeopardizing our promotion challenge by denying Maresca as much time as possible to work with him!

...and rightly so, not exactly the best people for getting deals done, especially when we are buying!!!

Drop the price by a£1m, then move on. We have spent enough time chasing players that never turn up, even though we were looking to pay over the odds. If the Harrison plug had not been pulled we would have been stitched up again.

With Rudkin and Whelan involved, nothing is ever going to change. We paid £31m for Slimani; if I recall, Steve Walsh had a fixed amount of £20m as his top price. We are poor at evaluating a player and negotiating the price we are willing to pay.

8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...and rightly so, not exactly the best people for getting deals done, especially when we are buying!!!

Drop the price by a£1m, then move on. We have spent enough time chasing players that never turn up, even though we were looking to pay over the odds. If the Harrison plug had not been pulled we would have been stitched up again.

With Rudkin and Whelan involved, nothing is ever going to change. We paid £31m for Slimani; if I recall, Steve Walsh had a fixed amount of £20m as his top price. We are poor at evaluating a player and negotiating the price we are willing to pay.

I'm not going to get into a debate on rudkin here - but you're saying that because of their actions it's 'right' to suggest that the knock on effect will be to threaten our promotion?  That's mental.

1 hour ago, Simmo86 said:

FFP was to do with European football. We’ve just had 80 million in for 2 players. If he was costing 50 million fairplay, try and get best payment structure. 6 million euros, just get him in. 

Not the case in the EFL sadly. FFP rules actually reasonably strict at this level. 

Either way, I’m a bit baffled you get so far down the garden path with a signing only for a major part of the terms to hold it back. Equally both clubs are at fault for that. 

21 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

I'm not going to get into a debate on rudkin here - but you're saying that because of their actions it's 'right' to suggest that the knock on effect will be to threaten our promotion?  That's mental.

...no, I see that we are poor at negotiating deals when buying!!!

That means the process we undertake appears to be unprofessional and that will be to the detriment of the team. Yes, the whole club could be working 24/7 for the next incoming, but it does not appear people are in place to progress us forward.

That comes back to the people we have dealing with other clubs and their players.

7 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

We are only willing to spread payment over 3 years 

French laughing 

city then introduced The French to an Australian loan company 😂😂😂

you can’t make this nonsense up 

player is coming it will get sorted 

We take the piss hahaha

9 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

French laughing 

It’s ok they might not hear about the Barnes money 🙃

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Yes but we only paid 15m for Vestergaard. Give credit where credit due….

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Usually a good indicator is the opinion of the selling clubs fans. My French is a bit merde so haven't bothered trying to translate the Montpellier forums. Anyone know the gist? 

Nah, they're all on strike, or that is what I'd assume 

34 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

French laughing 

“Here, look at our shit approach to player value amortisation you might like”

Awful 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...no, I see that we are poor at negotiating deals when buying!!!

That means the process we undertake appears to be unprofessional and that will be to the detriment of the team. Yes, the whole club could be working 24/7 for the next incoming, but it does not appear people are in place to progress us forward.

That comes back to the people we have dealing with other clubs and their players.

Fair enough - but i wasn't talking about our ability to negotiate deals, i was talking about how certain fans would use this to go on some bizarre rant about the delay costing us promotion....

54 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

French laughing 

Do we get a refer a friend perks from the Aussies