Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Stephy Mavididi

3 hours ago, les-tah said:

i have also convinced myself the same🤣 i have read a fair few articles and scout reports like below

https://www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/football-news/inside-track-arsenal-mavididi-southampton-7181551.amp

Must've been previously scouted by Glover. It's always slightly concerning when we are not competing against other clubs for his signature. Or perhaps we have been? 

2 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Must've been previously scouted by Glover. It's always slightly concerning when we are not competing against other clubs for his signature. Or perhaps we have been? 

Which other clubs were we competing with for Mahrez or Kante? Albrighton, Fuchs .........

Ward ;)

3 hours ago, les-tah said:

i have also convinced myself the same🤣 i have read a fair few articles and scout reports like below

https://www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/football-news/inside-track-arsenal-mavididi-southampton-7181551.amp

2 hours ago, Levi Port said:

Heard he’s not got the best attitude and can be a bit lazy. Hope that’s wrong, never know untill they play. 

Not only is it his natural ability that stands out to Leonard, it’s his attitude and desire to win, but what could he bring to Southampton should the south coast side manage to secure his signature?

“He will give them something on and off the ball, he’ll work hard from the front, press and he’ll take the pressure off the midfield players as well," he said. “He’s got that physical presence; he’ll be a nightmare to mark for any centre half. He’s not a lazy player, he’ll match the pace and physicality of the league I think he’d do well.”

Seems like the Arsenal scout has the opposite opinion, at this level should do well for us.

Couple more signings like this and I might be on board with HMS Piss The League :scarf:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Villa fans haven't come up with anything original in @davieGs lifetime. 

That was just a rehash of the Manuel Pellegrini song Man City used to sing. 

Ouch.

3 hours ago, Levi Port said:

Heard he’s not got the best attitude and can be a bit lazy. Hope that’s wrong, never know untill they play. 

Like Mahrez, then?

39 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Wait until you've tried a Pavlos Donner pizza down Queens Road son, prepare to have your mind truly opened to the wonders of intercontinental cuisine.  

Pavlos is not the same since the original couple left a couple of years back sadly…. They’d been there over 30 years mind!

3 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Pavlos is not the same since the original couple left a couple of years back sadly…. They’d been there over 30 years mind!

Just realised must have been fifteen years since I've been yet I was still assuming it would be the same pair running it.  Good people.  

2 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Just realised must have been fifteen years since I've been yet I was still assuming it would be the same pair running it.  Good people.  

Chris and (I forget the wife’s name?). Greek Cypriots….  Marvellous kebabaria!  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

living in London you'd think he might have been exposed to a bit of raw fish now and then tbf 

It probably says more about me than you but I can't NOT read this sentence like it's a euphemism. 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Chris and (I forget the wife’s name?). Greek Cypriots….  Marvellous kebabaria!  

My parents used to go once a week, every week until they retired and moved away.  Top notch kebabery indeed.  Just messaged them and they can't recall her name either.  

Oh Rudkin, won't you pull your stingy finger out and complete some transfers, think of the forum members, oh the humanity! 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Dunge said:

I’m sure this has already been asked somewhere, but what are we expecting from Mavididi in terms of position? Is he strictly a striker or can he play on the wing?

Left winger, could maybe play up front or on the right if we needed him to

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dunge said:

I’m sure this has already been asked somewhere, but what are we expecting from Mavididi in terms of position? Is he strictly a striker or can he play on the wing?

In youth days he was a striker, now predominantly a left winger, but he can play anywhere across the front 3. We need two more signings similar to this, ideally someone who is predominantly a right winger and can cover other roles, and a 8/10 who can be a backup winger in a pinch. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Does anyone know if he has a bad attitude?

Coaches he has worked with say he has an excellent attitude and is not a lazy player, saying that phrase specifically. Some FoxesTalk posters say he is lazy, take your pick between those two opinions 😂

Edited by FoxesWalk