Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Stephy Mavididi

3 minutes ago, Sly said:

I telling you ……. Demari Gray. 

Within 4 weeks of the season starting, people will make those comparisons.

Gray always looked great against Championship opposition in the Cups, so that would work out nicely.

Get rid quickly when we get promoted!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, James_lcfc said:

Gray always looked great against Championship opposition in the Cups, so that would work out nicely.

Get rid quickly when we get promoted!

5 minutes ago, Sly said:

Time will tell, I just get the feeling he’ll be one of those frustrating players that does 80% of it correctly, then frustrates everyone.

Tbf that describes most wingers. I think at this level he’ll be a really good signing. Over the years we’ve signed players that haven’t looked that great on paper, and they’ve gone on to be legends. I’m not saying he’ll be a legend but I think he has enough enough about him to be very good at this level. We’re not top 10 Prem anymore. 

• Like 1

Just been comparing his career stats to HB (obviously unfair, but I don't know who else to compare him to) - to get a measure of what type of player he is.

https://fbref.com/en/stathead/player_comparison.cgi?request=1&sum=0&dom_lg=1&player_id1=30144daa&player_id2=3ea50f67

Comparable goalscoring to Harvey - 0.31 goals per 90 to Harvey's 0.33

Not much of a goal creator - 0.07 assists per 90 to Harvey's 0.20

Very good infront of goal when he gets a chance with a career G-xG of +5.7 (Harvey is +4.4)

Less touches and passes than Harvey - maybe a sign that he can sometimes be too easily pushed out onto the periphery of a game

Slightly better defensive stats than Harvey - more tackles, blocks and interceptions per 90 - although that's not saying much

Overall, I'd say he's worth the gamble, certainly at this level, and considering we have no other left wingers with any sort of senior experience lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

As long as he produces the goods no one will give a shilo if he is perceived to be a lazy.

I’d say this is the opposite actually. Look at the stick Harvey got for ‘not tracking back’. Even Mahrez got it from some. Our fans will be on his back no matter how many he scores if he is perceived not to be doing defensive work.

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

Chris and Maria. :thumbup:

It doesn't surprise me in the least that a man of your obvious intelligence and sound political beliefs feasted on kebabs from Leicester's finest. We who are about to eat Shawarma salute you.  

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

:thumbup:

(I love this @StriderHiryu lol)

image.png.4444c069b66f73e4148c09ce74c2dee5.png

We’d need to see them play in the same league for it to be accurate. 

In fairness, like others have said, he’ll be okay for the Championship. 

26 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I’d say this is the opposite actually. Look at the stick Harvey got for ‘not tracking back’. Even Mahrez got it from some. Our fans will be on his back no matter how many he scores if he is perceived not to be doing defensive work.

Mahrez often finished with a higher tackle rate than Wes Morgan - so i suppose he did most of his defensive work further up the field....