Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Langley

Amartey - Besiktas

34 minutes ago, bovril said:

Honestly it does bug me on some level seeing players who helped relegate us signing for top division teams in European competitions.

They're no good otherwise he wouldn't be signing for them. And I'm saying that as someone who liked him the whole time he was here.

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

All but 6 or 7 teams would've been relegated if they'd played Ward 26 times. Big Dan was in no way more or less culpable than the other outfield players. 

Committed defender. An occasional collosal performance. Always physically Fit and ready despite long spells unused. He had a a decent, delayed brave pass into midfield in him, usually inside the wide presser. His clangers were usually cruelly punished. 

A decent squad guy in a team going well. Good Luck Dan and enjoy those medals.

This. Can't fault his commitment to the team and although he certainly made some massive mistakes on the pitch, he wasn't as bad as many people make out. I can think of several dozen ex-City players I would rate Amartey over.

All the best Big Dan.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, davieG said:

I liked him, wasn't world class but then neither are any of our players. Gave 100%

Was never going to sign for Chelsea,

I came into this thread specifically to see this video, so thankyou.  :D

• Haha 1

I don't think he was has bad as many make out.He played some damn good games,Ndidi often left him in the learch.

Played well in FB & midfield positions..

but ( not alone last season) could be having a good game,but had a real cock-up moment in him..

And yes Rodgers incompetence in always playing him ahead of Soyu,will go down in LCFC-fans folklore..

• Like 1

I think this news pushes the Kane to Bayern transfer over the edge. 

he can’t just stand by and do nothing whilst Daniel Amartey amasses 3 major trophies in the same time period…

Premier League 

F.A Cup 

Community Shield 

I can't help feeling that those most culpable for our current position, (yes, you Dan), should be forced to suffer the consequences and spend a year at least in The Championship.  Instead he walks away unscathed with a pocketful of scarcely deserved medals and into another European top flight.

And yet, on the other hand.... sod off Dan.

1 hour ago, Hammo said:

Of all Rodgers’ crimes - and there were many - trying to play out from the back with Big Dan in defence - and, furthermore, persisting with it (while Soyuncu, a player so much more suited to it, sat in the stands) - was among the most heinous.

WOAH, someone needs https://www.specsavers.co.uk

Statistically he was actually one of the best ball playing centre backs in the entire Premier League last season :ph34r:

Was he good enough for what we were trying to be? No

Was he guilty of not putting in solid effort levels? And was he our worst player? Also no's. 

As somebody else mentioned, it's not his fault he got picked over and over again, instructed to play as many passes he could possibly play. Like a sniper whose gun was loaded with shite.

You wouldn't dig out Harvey Price for his performance as a referee, you'd question who the fvck put him in that role. Thanks again, Brendan. Elite management.

Edited by Nod.E
  • Like 1

I liked Big Dan, he seemed like a nice guy, he was one of our last remaining 2016-ers, he fought back from a horrible injury and he threw that Chelsea pennant over his shoulder.

However, for all his presence at the back he was far too frequently susceptible to a massive brain fart pass, either directly to an opponent's attackers, or to put a team mate in trouble.

It's not Dan's fault that Brendan played him in preference to Soyuncu when we went down, though.

Nice song, towards the end. 

Farewell, my favourite Ghanaian.

Epitomised everything wrong about last season in my opinion. 

Why you would try and play some of the passes he did through midfield, losing the ball etc. 

Not great in midfield, worse in defence. 

Not up to standard and he’ll now be playing in a league where Rachid Ghezzel put up numbers like Mbappe does in France. 

Should never have played as many games as he has for us and should have been moved on far sooner.