Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Callum Doyle Signs

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

I think we’ll potentially play with a 4, that then becomes a three. 

Ricardo adopts the inverted full back in that 4, driving into midfield. Then I’ll be a case of if he goes with three centre backs, or converts Thomas / VK into a semi hybrid Centreback. 

maybe we will start in a four:

Keeper

Ricardo - Souttar - Coady - Doyle

Winks

and then switch to a 3 in game

Keeper

Souttar - Coady - Doyle

Ricardo - Winks

• Like 3

Just now, FoxyJim1987 said:

Best midfield?? Winks and KDH? Need a creative spark in there to be considered the best. Don't forget Southampton currently possess ward prowse, Lavia Shea Charles etc.

Barnes? Yes I know he’s probably on his way sooner rather than later.

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Call 0800-Sambiasso for all your 24/25 transfer insights today!

(We appreciate what you do)

Haven't wanted to say anything today so folk enjoyed the announcement. Nice sometimes to not know when it's coming. 

Same again next week? :thumbup:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Hope he can tell us about plans that the club has to sign some attacking, creative players soon!

To be fair, he has! Whether they come true or not we don’t know but all sounded promising. The Palace winger that was on loan at Charlton last season seemed the most realistic to me. 

Doyle better have this right or he will become one of my least liked players ever for screwing up our season.

Each loan is meant to progress his career.  He was at Northampton reserves last year and lost a play-off final....

If we don't go up  I am looking at you, Doyle.

I have a free pass for Vestergaard. 

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Sly said:

I think we’ll potentially play with a 4, that then becomes a three. 

Ricardo adopts the inverted full back in that 4, driving into midfield. Then I’ll be a case of if he goes with three centre backs, or converts Thomas / VK into a semi hybrid Centreback. 

Two of Sputtar, Faes and Doyle are likely to be on the bench which seems unthinkable and why I think a back 3 is inevitable. That said, Faes could well be off and if so then the links to McNair and Zach Awe make a fair bit of sense. 

I still think Souttar will be phenomenal under Maresca.

• Like 3

Yet Villa are spending money like it’s going out of fashion, or Everton (until this summer), or to the extreme, Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal.

The difference, now, is that they’re Premier League clubs, we’re not, but even when we were we still acted like paupers, for years, in comparison.

All I get (despite the other examples) is, “yeah but Villa sold Grealish” how many high price sales have we made?!

Not that bothered (although the above may come across as abit of a rant by my own admission - we’ve all had a drink), just abit sick of the FFP excuse being trotted out and us seemingly running scared while other clubs keep throwing the dosh about. It’s bullshit.

Anyway, Welcome Callum.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

I've got to admit if we're baulking at a 10mill pricetag due to FFP concerns then I have real concern about this rebuild.

Not to be a downer, I think this is a good player to bring in, but definitely some worries there about our direction this summer.