Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Callum Doyle Signs

We won't be in trouble for FFP at all, provided we sell a few more. Surely one of Iversen and Ward will be let go, Castagne, Praet, one of Daka and Kelechi, probably one of Ndidi and Soumare, and more than likely Barnes. Vestergaard if someone is brain-dead enough to take him. Plus the 7 who were out of contract. The players we will sign will be on much lower wages. It's a no brainer to loan this guy and try and get straight back up without spending a small fortune. We've hardly got money worries if we spent about £18m on Coady and Winks.

21 minutes ago, Verumex said:

Just speculating, but perhaps the issue isn't the asked £10m for Doyle, but the budget for all of our other targets. It's expected that we want to make another 4 signings at least, and if the offer to sign Doyle on a short term loan is there in a deal that would save us ~£8m now, then it would make sense to take that offer now and have a higher budget for the remaining signings.

I suspect that blaming FFP for every budget related decision is becoming a very easy way for journalists to explain  nuanced situations with an acronym that most don't question further. 

This idea that we want or need to make

Xx amount of signings is coming from clickbait pundits & opinion on this so speculative,presumptuous  forum.

Nothing mentioned from club side..!!

The deal with Doyle,I won't go too deep,but gives us enough B.line cover &

Possible DM flexibility from present Squad..

I won't go off bunking up opinions,who I would prefer to stay & see leave..because who ever stays will have a new chance to prove themselves,or consolidate the belief given,from new

Coaching - management team.

Whoever they are 99% will pull over their heads and wear the foxes badge.

There will be no prejudgement or cynical Bullshit trying to prove who is the hardest sarcastic bit of shit,who proffesses to be a Leicester supporter.

The club's past errors

is exactly that PAST .

A new era begins Early August,the support and encouragement, without pre expectations begins with no chains or bounds set...The club & players still have to earn the fans support and respect..My first & only wish is first entertaining,positive  and front foot football...Dreams ambitions for the future,have to be rebuilt,developed and evolve..Preferably with this new management team for many years who can aspire their squad(s) to high levels of achievement..Using 100% the squad & individuals they will have from season begin...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Centre back fc at the minute. No doubt the lad is a good addition but we are desperate for some creative players. We’ve currently got at least 6 cbs in or around the first team atm. 

Vestergaard will never play, Faes will more than likely go, meaning Coady, Souttar and Doyle are the only real decent ones.

3 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Why would Man City agree to anything? If he has a blinder then they will want to sell him to highest bidder or keep him themselves. And for our point of view, if he's shite or we don't go up we don't want to be stuck with an obligation to buy. Can people not just be happy we've signed a good young player for barely any money with no risk.

Exactly. This gives us options. Better than being stuck with a Vestergaard or a Soumare on a permanent deal.

13 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Why would Man City agree to anything? If he has a blinder then they will want to sell him to highest bidder or keep him themselves. And for our point of view, if he's shite or we don't go up we don't want to be stuck with an obligation to buy. Can people not just be happy we've signed a good young player for barely any money with no risk.

Exactly this. I'll worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. 

He helps us get up, then he'll be grovelling to join us as will scores of other centre halves worldwide 

2 hours ago, Will1981 said:

maybe we will start in a four:

Keeper

Ricardo - Souttar - Coady - Doyle

Winks

and then switch to a 3 in game

Keeper

Souttar - Coady - Doyle

Ricardo - Winks

Really wish Coady was called Conan, now. :(

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The_Rorab said:

I've got to admit if we're baulking at a 10mill pricetag due to FFP concerns then I have real concern about this rebuild.

Not to be a downer, I think this is a good player to bring in, but definitely some worries there about our direction this summer.

I think it's more likely that man city know they can double his price if we get promoted..... and if we don't sell him elsewhere in the prem for, well, double the price....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

The sales that we've made dwarf the only big sale that Villa have made (Grealish for £100m):

Maguire (85)

Fofana (72)

Mahrez (60)

Chilwell (45)

Maddison (40)

Drinkwater (35)

Kanté (32)

That's almost £400m!!

But I think Villa probably still have some headroom when it comes to wages as they've only been back up for 4 years. The longer they're in the PL, however, the more their wage bill will increase, especially if they continue to challenge for Europe. Consequently, it won't be long before they hit the same glass ceiling that we did. 

According to capology, villa had higher salaries than us by the end of last year....

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Not wanting to dispute what Tanner says, but a few things can question this.

1) if Man City were definitely willing to sell him permanently for £10m or loan him to us with no obligation, then agreeing to a loan that turns in to a £10m permanent move either next summer or when we sell Castagne and Barnes then they're no worse off for doing so.

2) if we are that close to breaching FFP, why are we trying to sign Piroe who'll cost £15m +, Hermansen who we have offered £5-6m for and still require 3 midfielders and wingers. I presume Barnes going pays for all of this.

It doesn't specify which element of FFP - salary% or incoming/outgoing profit/loss - i think we're ok with the 2nd because we made a profit last year (through the fofana deal) and look comfortable making one this year (maddison barnes et al) - so it might be more to do with salary (vardy/vestergaard et al) - :dunno:

1 hour ago, Kopfkino said:

Absolutely wild that people still can’t wrap their heads around our financial constraints.

We were spending over 180m on wages in the last set of accounts. It probably stayed reasonably stable last year. We had to then pay off a manager with a significant fee. Our income dropped substantially last year, let alone the coming year

People bang on about Villa, we were spending nearly 50m quid more on wages than them in the last set of accounts. Learn to read financial statements, check the rules and it becomes quite easy to grasp. 

Btw Villa will start to come up with the same problems eventually, just like us, Everton and Wolves before them unless they can create that conveyor belt.

Not saying we're flush but these figures are wrong....

By the end of the season it was 80m - and that's with bertrand, maddison and evans included.  Villa's was 95M

source: 

https://www.capology.com/club/leicester/salaries/

https://www.capology.com/club/aston-villa/salaries/

Guest Kopfkino
17 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Not saying we're flush but these figures are wrong....

By the end of the season it was 80m - and that's with bertrand, maddison and evans included.  Villa's was 95M

source: 

https://www.capology.com/club/leicester/salaries/

https://www.capology.com/club/aston-villa/salaries/

Sorry, the audited set of accounts produced by the two clubs that have to be submitted to Companies House and published on the website are wrong but some rando website is right?

Some difference in the numbers comes from 

1. The accounts include non playing staff but we don’t spend 100m on non playing staff

2. Rando site is just base salary for players but for the accounts are total employee costs which matters for ffp

3. The accounts are a year out of date but there’s no credible way it has dropped so far - in fact it probably was down 5% max last season

Dont get why people use these random sites when the club legally has to tell you their financial situation and employee costs.

Edited by Kopfkino

3 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Sorry, the audited set of accounts produced by the two clubs that have to be submitted to Companies House and published on the website are wrong but some rando website is right?

Some difference in the numbers comes from 

1. The accounts include non playing staff but we don’t spend 100m on non playing staff

2. Rando site is just base salary for players but for the accounts are total employee costs which matters for ffp

3. The accounts are a year out of date but there’s no credible way it has dropped so far - in fact it probably was down 5% max 

Dont get why people use these random sites when the club legally has to tell you their financial situation and employee costs.

For football fans , the truth is hard to accept so they tend to look for any evidence , no matter how dodgy, that suits their thinking. Few would believe how much we paid Rodgers for instance. We have overpaid to attract players and caused an inflationary cycle at the club and that will take some unwinding.

13 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

For football fans , the truth is hard to accept so they tend to look for any evidence , no matter how dodgy, that suits their thinking. Few would believe how much we paid Rodgers for instance. We have overpaid to attract players and caused an inflationary cycle at the club and that will take some unwinding.

Oh, Fuch off!  - looking for evidence! get off your high horse - i never said the figures were 100% reliable, just offering some figures from a website considered to be pretty reliable (or at least that regularly tallies with figures journalist quote regarding salaries) seeing as the OP didn't bother to provide a source for his own figures. i've no idea what "truth" your talking about, but if even this guys figures are "the truth", they're still out of date and don't reflect our current situation, so regardless, neither of us truly know what the current financial situation is at the club - or, "the truth".  

3 hours ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

We won't be in trouble for FFP at all, provided we sell a few more. Surely one of Iversen and Ward will be let go, Castagne, Praet, one of Daka and Kelechi, probably one of Ndidi and Soumare, and more than likely Barnes. Vestergaard if someone is brain-dead enough to take him. Plus the 7 who were out of contract. The players we will sign will be on much lower wages. It's a no brainer to loan this guy and try and get straight back up without spending a small fortune. We've hardly got money worries if we spent about £18m on Coady and Winks.

Exactly this, the club is just not making moves until the money’s in the bank I would imagine. We’ve got £40m up front from madders. We’ve spent £17.5m of that on Coady and Winks, leaving us with £22.5m. Hermansen is supposedly going to cost £6m and Doyle has cost £500k loan fee which then leaves us with £16m.

I would imagine from what reports have stated an offer is on the table for Piroe which is going to cost £10m+. 

This is the whole reason why I said I would be happy to take £35m + add one for Barnes. Less than we could get but means we can finish our business for the window.

• Like 2