Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Northampton Pre Season Friendly Match Thread

Just now, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

So what’s the ploy with Ricardo playing CM? Quick feet and directness?

I’m confused - Castagne, Faes and Ricardo are all right sided in defence… what’s going to stop a decent raking ball left to expose Doyle and Thomas/Kristiansen 

Just now, KFS said:

I’m confused - Castagne, Faes and Ricardo are all right sided in defence… what’s going to stop a decent raking ball left to expose Doyle and Thomas/Kristiansen 

Cover by Coady and KDH to support. 

Decent half, couple of nervy moments, Doyle has done ok but why he's playing LB I don't know, Coady looks solid and nice to see how vocal and organised he is, Winks looks different gravy, granted it's a friendly but the way he recycles the ball quickly and always wants to receive the ball is a joy to see, can't wait to see more of him 

Attacking wise some interesting passages of play, can clearly see we are crying out for more creativity though

Vardy looks sharp, KDH has looked busy, Ricardo (if he stays fit) could absolutely walk this division 

3 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

So what’s the ploy with Ricardo playing CM? Quick feet and directness?

He can carry the ball, beat a man and pick a pass. Athleticism to drive box to box. Makes sense to me. Issue will be the right sided CB could be exposed. Faes is good on the ball but not sure about him there for this reason. 

Ricardo is too good for the championship, we just need to keep him fit. He is technically more than good enough to wriggle in and out of tight spaces in the middle. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

Just now, FoxesWalk said:

He can carry the ball, beat a man and pick a pass. Athleticism to drive box to box. Makes sense to me. Issue will be the right sided CB could be exposed. Faes is good on the ball but not sure about him there for this reason. 

Ricardo is too good for the championship, we just need to keep him fit.

I do think eventually we'll see Justin playing where Faes is due to his recovery pace

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

To be fair, I think we will concede at least 5 goals this season from cock-ups due to passing it out, or the keeper not claiming it properly on a cross. But the point is that if you score 10-15 because you play this way then the net result is worth it.

100% this, was thinking there are going to be so many nervy moments this season, in pretty much every game, but if we can nail this style and commit to it without bottling the tactic, we could be in for a fascinating season 

• Like 1

Just now, GingerrrFox said:

Wish Elliott would chill out on Stolarczyk on commentary! The system Enzo is creating is a hybrid of Pep’s and De Zerbi’s, this dictates that the keeper plays risky passes forwards to break the lines. Marty’s making it seem like he’s shit or gone rogue when actually this is the way Enzo wants to play. The goal kicks are interesting, with Coady and Jakub splitting to play out from the back. 

Picked up on this too. He’s going to have to realise it’s the way we’re going to play. You can see why none of our other options will be used and this new lad is being targeted 

Just now, GingerrrFox said:

Wish Elliott would chill out on Stolarczyk on commentary! The system Enzo is creating is a hybrid of Pep’s and De Zerbi’s, this dictates that the keeper plays risky passes forwards to break the lines. Marty’s making it seem like he’s shit or gone rogue when actually this is the way Enzo wants to play. The goal kicks are interesting, with Coady and Jakub splitting to play out from the back. 

As much as I agree, a season of this would give everyone buttock muscles to die for. lol

• Haha 1

Just now, blaaklint said:

I do think eventually we'll see Justin playing where Faes is due to his recovery pace

That would make some sense, although it seems a shame to lose Justin’s key strength, which is marauding forward. 

I don’t understand why we play Castagne here, he’s obviously leaving, just put Justin or Albrighton in there.