Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Northampton Pre Season Friendly Match Thread

3 minutes ago, bmt said:

I love how much effort you put into this and there will be a comment tomorrow saying... why aren't we playing iversen, I hate this rodgers ball it's been shown to not work etc etc etc

Always been that way in England, and think we are still 20-30 years away from that attitude changing, though it has changed a lot since Pep and Klopp came to the league.

I remember as a kid getting lambasted by my football team's manager for trying to get the ball down on the deck and trying to play passes. I kept trying to explain to him it was the way the AC Milan team (who had just won the Champions League) played. "WWe don't do any of that foreign crap here son" was his response lol

I think a lot of my analysis stuff is deep rooted trauma from this guy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

Vesty will be Beckenbauer esque this season... Mark my words. 

He's Danish international with over 50 caps. He might be too slow for the Premier League if we are being honest, but this league I think he would be one of the best CBs. If he plays.

He could also go to another league and do OK there. He was decent in the Bundesliga, which although fast, I think isn't as strong as the Premier League in terms of the bottom half teams.