Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Northampton Pre Season Friendly Match Thread

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The amount of round pegs in square holes atm 

Even if we get the signings Enzo wants I expect that will be the case anyway

Fluid football with players moving around rather than the static crap we got under Rodgers

Enzo was assistant to a manager using players like Bernardo Silva at left back and John Stones in centre mid!

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

What frustrates me about this is that Justin, Hamza, Ndidi and Daka all have stand out qualities that are far too good for this level but they're wasted by forcing them out of position to meet the shape. 

Why is Ndidi getting forward why is JJ wandering around midfield, why is Daka stuck out wide. Silly. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, oadby.fox said:

Daka just isn’t going to be good enough is he? 

Vardy always has the aggression, which gave him an edge. Even when he wasn’t the player is was at his peak, you could see he had something.

Daka has pace but I’m not sure he has the technical ability to push him to be anything more at this stage. 

Just now, Dusty said:

Also unironically, he seems to be the quickest and most athletic player on the pitch 

That's the reason he's up there. Idea is to have two energetic 8's that attack and press the game. Even if you aren't the most gifted on the ball, if you harry and hassle the opposition, they will make mistakes.

He's playing the Bernardo Silve position, just without any of the technique or skill :ph34r:

• Like 2

Just now, Finnegan said:

What frustrates me about this is that Justin, Hamza, Ndidi and Daka all have stand out qualities that are far too good for this level but they're wasted by forcing them out of position to meet the shape. 

Why is Ndidi getting forward why is JJ wandering around midfield, why is Daka stuck out wide. Silly. 

:brendan:

Fluid system …..

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Ndidi is unironically our best attacking outlet this half. And it's actually working lol

He is. Looks totally different from last season. Confidence oozing. Obviously opposition and preseason but nice to see. He’s always been better with space in front to carry into than in tight situations where he has to pass the ball though 

• Like 1

Just now, Sly said:

Vardy always has the aggression, which gave him an edge. Even when he wasn’t the player is was at his peak, you could see he had something.

Daka has pace but I’m not sure he has the technical ability to push him to be anything more at this stage. 

Always wanted him to come good but I’m less and less certain of his ability overall, even at championship level. Rarely gets into positions to really stretch teams as well and I imagine we will be pinning teams back in the championship, need someone better on the ball with the ability to finish and make good runs.

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

No it isn't. 

Seeing as he has made a few good runs and put some good balls in to the box to create chances I would say it has worked?

Shame your fella has struggled to even hit the target with his chances :ph34r:

Edited by moore_94