Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Northampton Pre Season Friendly Match Thread

4 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Daka looks as sharp as a lump of shit.

I like him at times, but if he’s not going to be played down the middle he shouldn’t be playing. He’s not a winger, not technically good enough to play that wide role. If we aren’t going to play him off the shoulder the CB then we should just sell now and get Piroe in. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

1 minute ago, Shamomoa said:

Dominated but only 1-0 strikers/attacking players needed then?...

Bear in mind it's just a friendly. 

The football was better first half. It was more flowing. 

We do need a #10 and generally could/should be more clinical in front of goal. 

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

What frustrates me about this is that Justin, Hamza, Ndidi and Daka all have stand out qualities that are far too good for this level but they're wasted by forcing them out of position to meet the shape. 

Why is Ndidi getting forward why is JJ wandering around midfield, why is Daka stuck out wide. Silly. 

Agreed

2 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

I like him at times, but if he’s not going to be played down the middle he shouldn’t be playing. He’s not a winger, not technically good enough to play that wide role. If we aren’t going to play him off the shoulder the CB then we should just sell now and get Piroe in. 

Totally agree he needs to be playing upfront not on the pissing wing. 

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

Why was Ndidi playing so high up the pitch? 

I’m assuming we’ll look to break up the pitch higher up with the type of pressing? Less damage from his poorer passing and we play Winks on the half turn as the holding player? 

@StriderHiryu will offer better insight tactically than me! 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Chrysalis said:

We need more forward players and I guess manager might be thinking he might be suited in that role?

Just now, wardyfox86 said:

Doesn't suit the CDM role and needed minutes. Same reason for Daka.

Really? So we just stick them anywhere on the pitch as they need minutes? Ndidi clearly has no attributes to suggest he'd be any good so far up the pitch. 

Just now, hejammy said:

Really? So we just stick them anywhere on the pitch as they need minutes? Ndidi clearly has no attributes to suggest he'd be any good so far up the pitch. 

He was actually quite busy and found some good positions. Friendlies are mostly about getting minutes into the legs, don't read too much into it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wardyfox86 said:

He was actually quite busy and found some good positions. Friendlies are mostly about getting minutes into the legs, don't read too much into it.

Whilst yes for the most part I agree with this. But also surely we need to look at players in their best positions too. Why not play Nacho there in the number 10 and Daka in front of him? Surely that's their preferred or best positions. Hmm ah well maybe Enzo knows best :scarf:

• Like 1