Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Northampton Pre Season Friendly Match Thread

Just now, Shaqq said:

I reckon we’re gonna enjoy this Ricardo-Winks pivot in-possession a lot this season.

They are both too good for this level, so I certainly hope so! If they both stay fit we have a very good chance this year.

• Like 1

Winks has been so good so far. Just does not get nervous on the ball and his decision making is spot on.

The base of the three with KDH and Casedei. Sounds ideal.

Then sell Barnes and buy two quality wingers.

Will post more at half time but I’m very impressed. The front 3 is a bit weak but our build up from back to front, with fast vertical interchanges and generating superiority in midfield with Riccy P as the inverted fullback is showing a lot of promise already. Harry Winks looks very good. 

It’s going to take time to learn the system, but it might not take as long to learn it as I thought. You add the new keeper and some wingers to this setup and we will piss this league. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Quite clear we miss that link between attack and midfield through the middle.

Even if we do get that player, it might not complete the squad but it will go some way to making us more of a threat in a game, and on more occasions.

We seem fine with possession but if the wingers get stopped, we'll struggle.

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Will post more at half time but I’m very impressed. The front 3 is a bit weak but our build up from back to front, with fast vertical interchanges and generating superiority in midfield with Riccy P as the inverted fullback is showing a lot of promise already. Harry Winks looks very good. 

It’s going to take time to learn the system, but it might not take as long to learn it as I thought. You add the new keeper and some wingers to this setup and we will piss this league. 

Tbf I think Praet's been decent, got an assist, played Vardy in to set up that phase of play and put Castagne in behind the full back earlier.

• Like 3

Just noticing that we are already using the big diagonal effectively, an important part of the Pep system. The idea is to compact the game on one side, leaving someone totally free on the opposite side. We’ve found Wanya multiple times and if we had a better player there, we would be in multiple times. 

Maresca… let him cook!

• Like 3