Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Northampton Pre Season Friendly Match Thread

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

Just noticing that we are already using the big diagonal effectively, an important part of the Pep system. The idea is to compact the game on one side, leaving someone totally free on the opposite side. We’ve found Wanya multiple times and if we had a better player there, we would be in multiple times. 

Maresca… let him cook!

I do think Madivadua has been the weak link so far

1 minute ago, blaaklint said:

Tbf I think Praet's been decent, got an assist, played Vardy in to set up that phase of play and put Castagne in behind the full back earlier.

He’s playing as one of the CMS though! It’s Castagne and Wanya that have been lacking thus far. 

Anyway it’s really early on, rather than judging form it’s more interesting to look at the structure and style of play. 

Praet has been good but is cracking me up, he’s got stuck into so many players already lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, blaaklint said:

Tbf I think Praet's been decent, got an assist, played Vardy in to set up that phase of play and put Castagne in behind the full back earlier.

Not sure you're allowed to say this on the forum :ph34r:

• Like 1

He’s playing as one of the CMS though! It’s Castagne and Wanya that have been lacking thus far. 

Anyway it’s really early on, rather than judging form it’s more interesting to look at the structure and style of play. 

Praet has been good but is cracking me up, he’s got stuck into so many players already lol

Dennis has the look of someone ready to kill someone 😆

Just now, CloudFox said:

I would love Maresca to try JJ in place of Faes there. His recovery pace would largely negate that issue of the space at right back on the counter.

And nullify Justin's strengths in the process?

Just now, StanSP said:

And nullify Justin's strengths in the process?

Yes and no. As the pseudo-wide CB he would be able to break forward and progress the ball too. I'm more looking at as protecting us rather than getting the most out of Justin.

1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Proper old school advertising boards there.....just saw one for a local painter & decorator 😂

All I have stuck in my head now, is the advert for Putts in the trailers at the old Curzon cinema in Loughborough :P

• Like 1

Matt Elliott is losing his shit but the use of Storlacyk and Coady is deliberate. They lure the opposition onto them, pass around the attacker and now we have a 2 man advantage further up the field with the opposition structure all over the place. 

The Pep system is designed to create these opportunities with consistency. If you’re not getting excited, you should be! We are using the setup the European Champions use and in this division we 1000% have the players to do it, or will do in time. Sexy football is back on the menu! :scarf:

Think there's still some PTSD of Rodgers trying it with incompetent players lol