Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Post match: Cobblers 0-1 Foxes (friendly)

5 minutes ago, Whys it always me said:

I expect us to play a decent standard of football we were just relegated from the prem have spent more than most in the championship in looked horrific.

No creativity whatsoever 

I hope the new manager is the answer I really do but I’m not having anyone tell me we were good today against a horrific side.

If we won that game 9-0 or 1-0 or lost it really doesn't matter. You really need to lower your expectations to what is a nothing pre season game. Either that or you are trying to be like Talk 

Sport and spout rubbish to get some attention.

Anyway Pre season games are about building fitness and patterns of play. Newcastle got beat 6-1 by leyton orient a couple of pre seasons ago and they won the league.

If you can't see the structure or the way we are approaching games this season then that says more about you and your lack of understanding the system and tactics. 

I'm sure Enzo knows he is missing creative players. He's already ironed out that he's not comfortable  with our current goalkeepers and getting that addressed so give the bloke a chance 

The squad and first team line up will be different today than what will be at Coventry.

Changes to system, management and personnel take time which is what your not giving by writing them off after one game.

Give your head a wobble.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...lucky he didn't get booked the amount of fouls he committed!!!

Getting caught out by pace and players breaking against him.

Tactical fouls are great! We've been as bad at anyone for it for years.

Daka managed to look out of his depth in a friendly v Northampton.

KDH ran the game.

Coady is quality

Doyle looks composed

We need to buy goals. Vardy is done, Daka is shite, Barnes is off, we need goals from somewhere. Most teams would have scored 5 or 6 today. It's ok controlling games but you have to score, especially as teams will low block us all the time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

If we won that game 9-0 or 1-0 or lost it really doesn't matter. You really need to lower your expectations to what is a nothing pre season game. Either that or you are trying to be like Talk 

Sport and spout rubbish to get some attention.

Anyway Pre season games are about building fitness and patterns of play. Newcastle got beat 6-1 by leyton orient a couple of pre seasons ago and they won the league.

If you can't see the structure or the way we are approaching games this season then that says more about you and your lack of understanding the system and tactics. 

I'm sure Enzo knows he is missing creative players. He's already ironed out that he's not comfortable  with our current goalkeepers and getting that addressed so give the bloke a chance 

The squad and first team line up will be different today than what will be at Coventry.

Changes to system, management and personnel take time which is what your not giving by writing them off after one game.

Give your head a wobble.

I’m glad you’re happy with the performance. I respect your opinion but I stand by mine that we were shit against a very poor side. 

I honestly don't think we'll be promoted this season.

It's going to be a transitional year. Too much deadwood to get rid of and too wanting in attacking areas.

Plus it's arguably the most competitive league in the world.

I'm happy to be proven wrong, but I think some people also need to lower their expectations. 

In the 2015/16 pre season we really did struggle so these games don't mean shit. In the 2016/17 pre season we did pretty good against Barcelona and got made fools of by the mighty Hull City on the opening day. 

I do wonder where the goals are coming from with all the top scorers gone or going, our main creative midfield duo gone, our main striker well past it. I'm waiting to be pleasantly surprised.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I honestly don't think we'll be promoted this season.

It's going to be a transitional year. Too much deadwood to get rid of and too wanting in attacking areas.

Plus it's arguably the most competitive league in the world.

I'm happy to be proven wrong, but I think some people also need to lower their expectations. 

This is about 10 years out of date. It really isn’t that competitive, if we (and Leeds and Southampton tbf) get it right, there’s a very good chance we’ll go up. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Well he wasn't playing as a CDM, he was playing as a box-to-box number 8. A good comparison would be Henderson or Wijnaldum from the Liverpool team that won the Champions League in 2018. Those players don't need to be incredible on the ball (though it obviously helps) but they need to be the engine of the team to run the high press and turnover the ball. Ndidi's touch and finishing let him down, but he made a lot happen and via those late drives to the box pulled the ball back dangerously a number of times.

In this system, I don't think Ndidi should be used as a CDM because he's just not good enough on the ball. As one of the 8's, well with 46 games that's a lot of running to do over the season. Sometimes players are reinvented, look at Granit Xhaka last season for Arsenal or Joelinton for Newcastle.

Don't get me wrong I am not heralding this as some kind of second coming for Ndidi, and I think if an offer comes in he will go. But if anything the role he played today quite suited him. You don't need to be as good technically in the Championship as the Premier League.

To be fair, i thought he played the role far better than Praet did.  I suspect we're more like to see Hamza play that role, with Winks behind.  
What does seem pretty clear is that there is no way Ndidi can play like Winks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

This is about 10 years out of date. It really isn’t that competitive, if we (and Leeds and Southampton tbf) get it right, there’s a very good chance we’ll go up. 

Really?

So how have relatively small budget clubs had so much success?

Luton were promoted, Coventry almost made it...

8 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Daka managed to look out of his depth in a friendly v Northampton.

KDH ran the game.

Coady is quality

Doyle looks composed

We need to buy goals. Vardy is done, Daka is shite, Barnes is off, we need goals from somewhere. Most teams would have scored 5 or 6 today. It's ok controlling games but you have to score, especially as teams will low block us all the time.

Sell Daka to Forest. If we let Nacho go we’re doomed.

10 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

He is Luke Thomas' uncle I believe. But you can't expect all positivity when we are still seeing the same mistakes made. Daka on the wing, slow tired build ups (second half especially), no creativity, Vardy struggling on his own, no captain, a lack of goals and chances created against a team made up of many trialists.

I don't really care who he is. It's a pre-season friendly, designed to give minutes to players to get them somewhat match fit before the start of the season. Anyone expecting us to be at full whack at this point in the season is going to be fully disappointed. I'm just glad that there seemed to be some kind of plan, the players appeared to enjoy carrying out the plan and nobody seemed to get injured either. 

• Like 1

Just now, phoneticerror said:

Sell Daka to Forest. If we let Nacho go we’re doomed.

Forest wouldn't touch him. They've learnt from last year surely with Dennis and lingard being complete wastes, they're signing William, and no team in the prem would touch Daka at all.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...first game in, and the Ricardo into the midfield experiment seems a waste of a player!!!

I believed the idea for him to be there was so that a natural midfielder could push even further up the pitch, but if all he is going to be doing is wall passing, then Hamza can do that.

There are always places where people are slotted in for game time and Ndidi's movement was surprisingly good. He got into good positions and appeared to know what was needed from him.

I would still like to see Madivadua in a DM role, because he has the ability to transition the play on his own. Even when we had the midfield all facing our own goal, there were countless opportunities to receive the ball from the defence and spin and attack.

Doyle had a bad day today, nothing went for him.

It did feel, as Matt Elliot pointed out, we'd be better swapping castagne and ricardo - given how ineffective castagne was on the wing and, whilst ricardo did a decent job, as you say, nothing that any other player could have done.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Some of the comments on here 🤣 We've literally had 2 weeks of fitness training and a few knockabouts at Seagrave. There's 7 weeks to bring in more players and definitely get rid of a few more too.

I get it, 3 weeks til we play Cov, we're half fit, not all up to speed some only just back training and it's looking ragged but Jesus it's like some of you have ever experienced a pre-season game before

Didn't you know we have to be playing prime  Pep style straight the way or it's #Enzoout to most on here.

I think quite a few of you are being extreemly Harsh on Daka based on 30 mins and being played in what is certainly not his position. Its akin to sticking Vardy in that position and expecting him to score.

Personally think he had a crap game, but certainly not going to judge him based on that. 

34 minutes ago, Whys it always me said:

I’m amazed you ask the question. We’ve just played an extremely poor Northampton and struggled. 

We didn't struggle at all. Didn't get out of first gear. 

Honestly I don't think Leicester is for you especially in the championship