Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Post match: Cobblers 0-1 Foxes (friendly)

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

LOL this is unreal when, his pass completion was probably the best out of all the players on the pitch and Attitude what did he do shit on your seat?

He passed it out of play three times! and gave away two freekicks.

We was sat near him and could just hear him moaning, throwing hands in the air. 

4 minutes ago, LFEFox23 said:

@foxfanazer Not in the past, currently.

Currently based on today or last season?

I'll presume you mean last season in which case the whole side was one dimensional. Playing for a one dimensional manager will have that effect. Vardy's reinvented himself numerous times for us and I'd back him to do it again. If he can't then I'd suggest it's more to do with his age than him being lacking the ability to adapt

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LFEFox23 said:

He passed it out of play three times! and gave away two freekicks.

We was sat near him and could just hear him moaning, throwing hands in the air. 

in the first 5/10 minutes of his first pre season game... after that he was solid as I was watching him closely

20 minutes ago, LFEFox23 said:

What was up with Praet, Faes and I’m worried for Vardy

Praet - Looked lethargic from the get go, negative in possession and just not with it.

Faes - Attitude and number of poor passes

Vardy - Issue he’ll have is he’s quite one dimensional and only really offers the last man pace through ball, he isn’t good enough to drop in the hole and play these nice touches an lay offs I think Enzo wants. Whereas this role is perfect for Nacho!

Vardy has been declining since 2021. 

Completely agree with everyone saying it's nothing more than a run out. I quite enjoyed it. That might make me slightly mental, who knows. 

One thing i will say though, we don't have time to implement a passing style with zero effectiveness for 20 games. By all means implement a style, but it needs to have some effectiveness. No one is going to believe in a process that will take years. No one will be left next summer to carry it on. Including Maresca. 

• Like 2

Just now, Gamble92 said:

Completely agree with everyone saying it's nothing more than a run out. I quite enjoyed it. That might make me slightly mental, who knows. 

One thing i will say though, we don't have time to implement a passing style with zero effectiveness for 20 games. By all means implement a style, but it needs to have some effectiveness. No one is going to believe in a process that will take years. No one will be left next summer to carry it on. Including Maresca. 

Maresca has to find a happy balance of implementing his style, but winning whilst we figure out a way to do that.

If that happens, we're laughing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I still think it'll be more purposeful than Rodgerball. We must find a clinical edge though 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

We've become so used to him dragging us out of the shit and masking over a tactically inept manager that the moment he slows down we have to criticise him

8 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

He's nearly 37, he's probably peaked to be fair lol

Yeah my concern is that there are people who think he’ll score 25+ in this division next season. He’s so limited now and not necessarily adapted his game to deal with his ageing body, that he shouldn’t be starting anymore. Then consider that we’ll have a bench warmer in the championship who’s on more than 100k and people wonder why the club are touting him out. 

Decent pre-season run out, Maresca was clearly trying new things out and I don't think we can read too much into things, but I like the look of Winks and Doyle. Need to get some attacking options in and some more depth in midfield.

Sixfields was a properly depressing place, usually find lower league grounds have a certain amount of charm to them but that place has none, absolute dump.

44 minutes ago, steflcfc said:

One thing I would say is the system that he is looking to play with players getting into the box and playing cutbacks etc that the goals should be scored/spread more throughout the team rather than a reliance on 1 man getting the goals.

...bring in Borges, he does that with his eyes closed!!!

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

It's obviously preseason and I can't say I ever put too much stock in it. 

Some obvious pros, I like in theory the system and how the team will no doubt play one day. I love the use of very aggressive centre mids to break the lines and get in to the channels. Winks makes a huge difference, Ricardo is well suited to his role, it's fun to watch when it works. 

But also some cons, the manager seems extremely committed to this shape despite having tragically little personnel for it. It doesn't suit the forwards we have and not only can we probably not afford to replace them all, we arguably shouldn't want to. 

We also definitely will need some extra midfielders. If a team is relying on Wilfred Ndidi to be one of its major attacking weapons, it's gonna have a bad time. I actually think Soumare and KDH in those roles together, left and right, would be electric and a big part to how I saw a 352 working when I suggested it a few months ago. But if Soumare is off or the manager just doesn't like him, it's another hole. 

We'll also be absolutely fvcked if Winks gets a knock. We were significantly worse as soon as he went off. Yes it's preseason and everyone is still learning but it's obvious we're going to be very reliant on him, making him a smart signing. 

Overall I'm optimistic for a the long term but probably increasingly anxious for the short term. If a stubbornness to stick to a perceived shape regardless of the tools available to him is a feature of Maresca then I can see why it went wrong at Parma. 

He's going to need to be backed properly in the next few weeks and I'm not sure I see it happening. 

Unless you can back this up with some stats tbh, mate it’s not worth reading your opinion.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

LOL this is unreal when, his pass completion was probably the best out of all the players on the pitch and Attitude what did he do shit on your seat?

...that information is a big surprise,  he looks completely disconnected from the other players!!!

I keep waiting for him to make an almighty clanger, he has a heavy touch in possession and ends up having to make a last ditch lunges to recover his position. 

My overriding impression from today is that with our current squad we're trying to fit square pegs into round holes with the 3241 formation that Enzo is deploying. We badly need to recruit a couple of creative 8s plus two quality wide midfielders, assuming Barnes is leaving. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Lako42 said:

My prediction is yet more boring, slow, deluded football this season. 

Just what I didn't want to see. 

Oh well

It’s an early friendly, we’re just trying to get players fit again, which is why they’re being plugged in different positions; it’s not the Champions League final.  

• Like 1