Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Post match: Cobblers 0-1 Foxes (friendly)

14 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Would like to see Daka playing in that first half team instead of being shoehorned out. Vardy wont be playing every game so need different combinations

If we are not going to play Daka down the middle, we might as well get rid, because he doesn't have enough technical ability to play out wide 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Some weird tactics there, but don’t read too much into pre-season games. They’re not really much of an indication of anything.

Still don’t think Ndidi is good enough even for the Championship and should be moved on, stat.

Strange post.

9 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

More sleep inducing, shit boring football. All well and good having all of the ball but if there’s no movement it’s utterly pointless. Vestegaard looked more like the defensive organiser and played some unreal balls whereas coady, doyle and faes were underwhelming. 
Second team looked better than the first
and yeah it’s pre season but I am not confident looking at them 

Sorry, what? Were we watching the same game? 😅

Edited by CloudFox

For a pre season game learning a new system, I thought it was a decent game, where you could see Enzo's structure taking shape. What have we learnt, Daka cant play out wide, as most of us know, and we've got too many players. Quite liked the 2 academy players.

• Like 1

Quite enjoyed that, thought first half was decent and like what we’re trying to do. Was really impressed with Winks, he looks a really tidy player and looks to be progressive on the ball (appreciate it was only Northampton). Coady was nice n steady as expected, liked Ricky P in the middle too.

On the downside (come on, we can’t be overy positive can we …)  thought Castagne was wasteful a number of times in great positions, Vards worries me, was on the shoulder a couple of times and should have ran away in on goal but just don’t think he has it anymore unfortunately and thought Praet was pretty poor (to the point where Wilf genuinely did better than him in an advanced role). If we can get some quality in the attacking midfield positions and this system clicks then it could be a very entertaining season!

8 minutes ago, Whys it always me said:

Is it? Tell me the positives we were shit against a Sunday league side. 

We won.

They barely had a sniff.

Winks looks classy in a pivotal role.

KDH confident.

Ricardo looks to be staying and had a good game.

McAteer had a decent cameo, as did Ndidi.

Important minutes for most players and a chance for Enzo to assess what's needed.

Fuch me were you expecting 22/23 Man City today??

• Like 3