Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Post match: Cobblers 0-1 Foxes (friendly)

Just now, Whys it always me said:

They were Sunday league. 

We barely had a sniff, we were shit from start to finish and if Enzo doesn’t know what he needs with 3 weeks to go we are in trouble. 

We play like that against Coventry and we get bummed. 

I'm glad you enjoyed a 1-0 win against the dog and duck though. 

Christ, that's some take! 

Out of interest why do you think Cov will beat us of we played like that ?? 

Just now, Whys it always me said:

They were Sunday league. 

We barely had a sniff, we were shit from start to finish and if Enzo doesn’t know what he needs with 3 weeks to go we are in trouble. 

What do you expect?

Genuinely, did you think we'd turn up, on the back of relegation, with 5 or so players that don't want to be here, and just roll them over?

Also bearing in mind they're on a high from promotion. 

This football club absolutely infuriates me, I've seriously fallen out with them, but I can't stay away.

It's going to take time. Why do some people not understand that?

Didn't Newcastle get spanked about 4-1 by Leyton Orient in a pre season game the year they went on to absolutely storm the Championship?

I'm very sceptical about the future, I'm not going to hide it, but it needs time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

What do you expect?

Genuinely, did you think we'd turn up, on the back of relegation, with 5 or so players that don't want to be here, and just roll them over?

Also bearing in mind they're on a high from promotion. 

This football club absolutely infuriates me, I've seriously fallen out with them, but I can't stay away.

It's going to take time. Why do some people not understand that?

Didn't Newcastle get spanked about 4-1 by Leyton Orient in a pre season game the year they went on to absolutely storm the Championship?

I'm very sceptical about the future, I'm not going to hide it, but it needs time.

I expect us to play a decent standard of football we were just relegated from the prem have spent more than most in the championship in looked horrific.

No creativity whatsoever 

I hope the new manager is the answer I really do but I’m not having anyone tell me we were good today against a horrific side. 

35 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

It wasn't a great match, it was a bit subdued and lacklustre. 

But, I was in the home end, 2 rows back from the pitch and about 10 yards from our bench.

Enzo was VERY vocal. Giving praise where it was due and he was visibly frustrated at times too.

I'll be honest, I'm sceptical about his appointment, but I like the way he works on the touchline.

It isn't going to happen overnight, it's going to take months. But we know the Championship is a weird league.

We could be 12th at Christmas, then it could click.

Let's see what happens, but whatever anyone thinks, good or bad, he's here now and will need time.

Didn't wave.

Enzo out

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Whys it always me said:

They were Sunday league. 

Mods, this has to be a troll? 

1 minute ago, Whys it always me said:

I’m amazed you ask the question. We’ve just played an extremely poor Northampton and struggled. 

Depends what you class as struggled. Struggled to beat them comprehensively, yes. But we never looked liked conceding. We are still in pre-season and it really is all about learning to play a new system and getting match fit and building game by game. Yes, Northampton were very poor, but I thought first half we played some decent stuff and as a competitive exercise served its purpose. 

Watched it late because of the Tennis.

The main takeaway from that game was, how extremely important the Ricardo & Winks combo will be. They were by far our standout players today. 

Interesting to see Doyle adopted as a LB, I mentioned to Strider the other day that Maresca may play him there. Will also be interesting to see if that becomes his natural position, if it turns out to be the case, then surely one of Thomas or Kristiansen will be off.

We definitely need another number 8, Casadei of course has been mentioned. Thought Praet did alright in that position today, he picked out some nice through passes, but of course we fully expect him to leave.

Two wingers are also desperately needed, hopefully we can get some in before we fly out to Thailand.

Finally seeing Ndidi in the role of an ‘8’ was certainly an experience lol 

1 minute ago, Whys it always me said:

I expect us to play a decent standard of football we were just relegated from the prem have spent more than most in the championship in looked horrific.

No creativity whatsoever 

I hope the new manager is the answer I really do but I’m not having anyone tell me we were good today against a horrific side. 

I'm not saying we were good either, but we weren't any worse than we were last season.

Thats still not good enough, but it needs time.

You can't judge it off a pre season friendly where the new manager has had about 2 weeks with his new squad.

I honestly can't believe I'm sticking up for them, but we need to give it a chance.

I'm genuinely surprised at the negativity. Wasn't perfect but with even average finishing there we'd have scored 3/4. We created chances and had basically nothing against us - despite plenty of players not where you'd want them.

Get a couple of decent wide forwards in and we will slaughter some sides.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...lucky he didn't get booked the amount of fouls he committed!!!

Getting caught out by pace and players breaking against him.

Get used to it. Tactical fouls from an Italian Manager. Something Rodgers could never dream of.

• Like 1

I thought it was a good overall performance. Winks looks like the player we need. Kept the ball moving, always available and rarely lost a pass. Defence 1st half was decent. 

Overall a good preseason game, not much wrong. My only only concern is the finishing. Could have been 3-4. 

7 minutes ago, boosmanana said:

Mods, can we perhaps create a new section for the likes of Whys it always me to discuss our performances by themselves? I feel like it'd really benefit the rest of us 

He is Luke Thomas' uncle I believe. But you can't expect all positivity when we are still seeing the same mistakes made. Daka on the wing, slow tired build ups (second half especially), no creativity, Vardy struggling on his own, no captain, a lack of goals and chances created against a team made up of many trialists.

2 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Get used to it. Tactical fouls from an Italian Manager. Something Rodgers could never dream of.

Exactly.

The same people moaning about it will be the same one's last season who said "we aren't nasty enough or clever enough"

• Like 1