Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
phoneticerror

Wanya Marcal-Madivadua

He was OK. Nothing more. First touch let him down on occasions, but he was direct and played a nice little through ball to Vards in the first half. As opportunities go I wouldn't say he grasped it. He should have gone out on loan last season.

You could tell McAteer has gone out and played mens football when he had his cameo. Thought he looked half decent and wouldn't have any reservations of having him in or around the squad

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I didn't particularly think he stood out all that much to be honest and he's older than I thought. Needs a loan, Leagues One or Two, actually let him go play some competitive football.

Edit: obviously again with the caveat it was one friendly but still. We were poor in the wide areas all game. Will need signings or Barnes to miraculously stay. 

This. He had times where he showed some potential, but definitely needs a loan out, league one would be good for him. He's definitely not ready for the championship, I feel. But flashes of good play 

Just now, Big_Nige said:

He was OK. Nothing more. First touch let him down on occasions, but he was direct and played a nice little through ball to Vards in the first half. As opportunities go I wouldn't say he grasped it. He should have gone out on loan last season.

You could tell McAteer has gone out and played mens football when he had his cameo. Thought he looked half decent and wouldn't have any reservations of having him in or around the squad

I felt the opposite. Was disappointed with McAteer, but it’s all subjective.

1 minute ago, fox_favourite said:

This. He had times where he showed some potential, but definitely needs a loan out, league one would be good for him. He's definitely not ready for the championship, I feel. But flashes of good play 

This is kinda what I mean. Not a finished product, but showing signs of real potential I thought.

• Like 1

He had brief glimpses, but really needed to dominate and be a constant threat against a newly promoted league 1 side to really grasp his chance and force his way into Maresca’s plans. 

What is a real shame is the injuries to both Braybrooke and Alves who would have flourished in this system. I think Braybrooke could be the natural understudy to Winks and Alves in one of those wide attacking roles could really show his quality. 

• Like 3

OHHHHH, Wanya is his first name!

I was at a complete loss yesterday in the match thread with everyone talking about Wanya, always thought Marcal was his first name. Thought we'd signed Wanyama. lol

• Haha 1

Thought he looked nowhere near ready for men's football, he got bullied by the opposition, looked quite lightweight and his first touch was shocking. He's nearly 21 as well, can see why he hasn't been loaned out.

5 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

He had brief glimpses, but really needed to dominate and be a constant threat against a newly promoted league 1 side to really grasp his chance and force his way into Maresca’s plans. 

What is a real shame is the injuries to both Braybrooke and Alves who would have flourished in this system. I think Braybrooke could be the natural understudy to Winks and Alves in one of those wide attacking roles could really show his quality. 

Absolutely this, hopefully they aren't too far off, but it's such a shame they aren't involved from the off. The Winks pivot is made for how Braybrooke plays, and Alves could really shine in this system 

36 minutes ago, gerrytaggart said:

1st pre season game and some of you have decided he's not good enough and needs a loan??

He looked pretty solid to me, found good space and played a number of intelligent balls.

Professional football is pretty brutal. You only get a few chances to prove yourself otherwise you’re toast. He started ahead of Daka who cost us over £20m and because Barnes was injured. A lot of moves broke down when they got to him and he had an awful moment where Coady found him with a great ball in acres of space and he miscontrolled it and it went out into touch. Can’t be doing that against Northampton!

You're right to compliment his movement and positioning but that position is key to our attacking play. 

Over a 46 game season I can see him getting minutes but for me he was our worst player of the first 60 minutes. 

• Like 3

We did not really play quick enough to get our wingers one on one and I am not sure how he will use Wingers if he does at all - the young lad was okay but no more than that as was McAteer and Hamza for that matter but it was a friendly but you could see Enzo wanting a No.10 desperately but plan B with Winks out would be critical as everything went through him and the second pivot in Riccy......he will definitely want more technically competent players than we may currently have - players like Justin and Kristiansen may find it challenging as the full backs have massive roles to play.....

Anyone at game tomorrow could tell not ready for first team football at Leicester yet. Playing against a Northampton side with 8 trialists and did not really stand out 

might turn into a decent player but not this year for us, Mcateer looked quite good and I’ve never thought much of him

Thought giving Wanya number 7 shirt was subtle hint to board we need a winger, added to fact Ndidi seemed to replace him

13 minutes ago, eblair said:

Anyone at game tomorrow could tell not ready for first team football at Leicester yet. Playing against a Northampton side with 8 trialists and did not really stand out 

might turn into a decent player but not this year for us, Mcateer looked quite good and I’ve never thought much of him

Thought giving Wanya number 7 shirt was subtle hint to board we need a winger, added to fact Ndidi seemed to replace him

Giving him the number 7 meant nothing other than him being in the 11 that started the game lol 

I didn’t see much to get excited about from him tbf won’t be good enough 

I thought he was good. He passed the ball well, kept it pretty simple. It was great vision and weight of pass to find Vardy in behind. I think the talent is there to see with Wanya. Definitely wouldn't be opposed to him being part of the squad this year.