Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
phoneticerror

Wanya Marcal-Madivadua

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Pep's not actually brought through that many academy players at Man City and regularly played them. Even Foden's suffered massively last season.

Maresca is his own man and I hope he's better than Pep in this regard.

In fairness, Man City don't need to rely on their academy to bring players through. They can just afford/attract the best in the world.

Their academy is merely built to keep their FFP looking good.

• Like 1

Just now, AKCJ said:

In fairness, Man City don't need to rely on their academy to bring players through. They can just afford/attract the best in the world.

Their academy is merely built to keep their FFP looking good.

Yeah I get that, it's different circumstances but Pep is in control of that and even with the best resourced academy in the world it's not a focus. 

All I'm saying is, I'm happy for Maresca to be compared and mimic Pep in various ways if it gets results but that's one area I think Pep has been mediocre in.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah I get that, it's different circumstances but Pep is in control of that and even with the best resourced academy in the world it's not a focus. 

All I'm saying is, I'm happy for Maresca to be compared and mimic Pep in various ways if it gets results but that's one area I think Pep has been mediocre in.

Can't argue with Pep's record of bringing youth through at Barcelona in fairness. I suspect Man City owners/directors just don't see a priority in that in the same way other clubs might? :dunno:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Pep's not actually brought through that many academy players at Man City and regularly played them. Even Foden's suffered massively last season.

Maresca is his own man and I hope he's better than Pep in this regard.

To be fair, unless you are top draw your not getting in the Man City side. 

Foden has player 200+ times for City, I think it more of a case of no over playing someone, look at Youri 26 450 games under his belt and looks knackered.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

To be fair, unless you are top draw your not getting in the Man City side. 

Foden has player 200+ times for City, I think it more of a case of no over playing someone, look at Youri 26 450 games under his belt and looks knackered.

I get why he does what he does, he's striving to be the most dominant club side in the world with unlimited resources and a model and reputation to easily cash in on unproven academy players that enables them to continue to spend vast amounts on academy players and compliment the accounts for FFP. The juggernaut keeps on moving.

I just wouldn't credit Pep for being a pioneer when it comes to developing academy players.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I get why he does what he does, he's striving to be the most dominant club side in the world with unlimited resources and a model and reputation to easily cash in on unproven academy players that enables them to continue to spend vast amounts on academy players and compliment the accounts for FFP. The juggernaut keeps on moving.

I just wouldn't credit Pep for being a pioneer when it comes to developing academy players.

Me neither but its not unusual at big clubs nowdays, doubt we will ever see a big 6 club have a class on 92 again. 

Managers tenues are so short they look for instant solutions.

One of the silver linings of this season in the Championship could be the opportunity afforded to the likes of Nelson, Wanya, Macteer, Stolarczyk and when fit Alves and Braybrooke.

There must be a real buzz in the Academy at the moment.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

@coolhandfox @Ric Flair Man City official website credits 24 Academy players who have made their debut under Guardiola.

He's very good at giving them a few sub appearances here and there but there won't be many in that that have racked up significant appearance. Foden has for sure, did Zinchenko come through their academy? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's very good at giving them a few sub appearances here and there but there won't be many in that that have racked up significant appearance. Foden has for sure, did Zinchenko come through their academy? 

Rico Lewis. 

Zinchenko was at Shakhtar I think. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Rico Lewis. 

Zinchenko was at Shakhtar I think. 

He fled Shakhtar when Russia annexed Donbas and played in amateur leagues in Moscow. After his Shakhtar contact expired, he signed for Ufa. Came to Man City at 20. He's had a more interesting path than most pro footballers.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yep as most of those 24 we either haven't heard of or have since been sold as part of the 1game Man C appearance tax, some are out on loan, the 1s that have had a bit more exposure are Garcia (although since sold), Lewis, Cole, Foden, McAtee
& as mentioned Zinchenko came via UKE straight into 1st team

• Like 1

Even established players at Man CIty are annoyed at their game time. Youth players when instant success are required are the last thing Pep thinks about. There's obviously a bit of pressure to integrate the when you spend as much as they a=have on facilities, but you can hardly blame him when they are expected to win every single time they play. Having said that as they sweep up all the best players locally they are bound to eventually get more Fodens. 

Edited by Gamble92

23 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I hope he learns from Tavares. He is best placed signing a new 2-3 year deal and going on loan for a season to League One. Maresca will give him chances which can't be said of the previous regime.

Hope he signs too,  so how much you recon he should  receive every week ?  Should players from u21 recieved more than Marçal if he signs a new contract?

2 minutes ago, Simon alex said:

Hope he signs too,  so how much you recon he should  receive every week ?  Should players from u21 recieved more than Marçal if he signs a new contract?

I'd say around £5k a week with bonuses. Unfortunately, we may well have given U21 players higher salaries when in the PL and being reckless but I'd make sure that Wanya is on a progressive contract that increases with his contribution in the 1st team.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd say around £5k a week with bonuses. Unfortunately, we may well have given U21 players higher salaries when in the PL and being reckless but I'd make sure that Wanya is on a progressive contract that increases with his contribution in the 1st team.

Sounds good like that, because end of the day  every football player on the first team right now  gets way more than that.  Hope Leicester offer  its good  than because in my opinion it's good for  Leicester and Marçal  an agreement . The kid its young and good player 

Faster than I thought, I had it in mind he was a powerful runner and quick when he got up to speed but wasn't great off the mark. Left their full back for dead a few times. Got his head up in the box well.

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

Faster than I thought, I had it in mind he was a powerful runner and quick when he got up to speed but wasn't great off the mark. Left their full back for dead a few times. Got his head up in the box well.

Looks more comfortable on the left to me. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...