Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
phoneticerror

Wanya Marcal-Madivadua

Just now, CosbehFox said:

Bizarrely overheard a conversation which suggested the contract situation is a bit tricky 

Strange if so as Tanner said he was very keen to sign a new deal

Needs to be sorted whatever the case though, don't wont him potentially lose him to someone abroad for practically nothing

2 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

some of them dont learn, thinking they are betty big bollocks already

But he's been binned off to the under 21's again after scoring for the first team. If he did get a bit big time after scoring then the way to manage that is to drop him as he was, but then get him back into the squad to prove himself again. Sticking in the reserves weeks after is not the way to go. Why waste your career sat there?

1 minute ago, dmayne7 said:

But he's been binned off to the under 21's again after scoring for the first team. If he did get a bit big time after scoring then the way to manage that is to drop him as he was, but then get him back into the squad to prove himself again. Sticking in the reserves weeks after is not the way to go. Why waste your career sat there?

i only said big bollocks due to the contract talk etc, like the tavares stuff before

he needs to get his head down for me

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Huge chance again now for Wanya. He took his chance when Kasey was out after the Cov game, now he will get the chance again.

I’m not sure he did take his chance, except for the goal he quickly found himself back in the u23s. I think he finds himself on the bench, but he doesn’t go ahead of Abdul or Akgun.

40 minutes ago, westernpark said:

I’m not sure he did take his chance, except for the goal he quickly found himself back in the u23s. I think he finds himself on the bench, but he doesn’t go ahead of Abdul or Akgun.

Wasn't that to do with not putting in the expected efforts in training?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Wasn't that to do with not putting in the expected efforts in training?

Yes exactly, he didn’t take his chance. I’m not sure he did well in the games either. He seemed to get a nosebleed if he was asked to take on his man, or move the ball positively.

• Like 1

A chance for him to show Maresca what he's got in training and show he's got the application to be a part of the first-team setup. All on his shoulders now.

He'll be backup to Akgun, Mavididi and Fatawu for sure, but if Akgun is needed as one of the #8s, he'll get his moment again.

It's a squad game after all.

1 hour ago, westernpark said:

I thought he was decent vs Huddersfield and Burton, not so great against Cardiff but got the goal and then McAteer came back and has proven to be very efficient.

Maresca has still name checked Wanya that he's still very much in his plans and that will now be the case. He'll be on the bench and will get opportunities over the next month.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Huge chance again now for Wanya. He took his chance when Kasey was out after the Cov game, now he will get the chance again.

Agree and really hope so but I think Albrighton will just take Kasey’s spot in the bench. ^_^

Even though the u21s lost 7-1 to Wigan, Wanya was stand out player in that game. Even the Wigan fans I was sat with were impressed with him. He's clearly got a lot of ability and is too good for u21 football now but there could be question marks over his attitude given what Maresca has said about him. 

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, K789 said:

Thats a shame. Agent in his ear

Could end up being another Sidnei Tavares if he's not careful. 

Tavares looked good for us. Sadly, he clearly thought he'd already made it, agent/dad started chirping (his cousin Nani probably didn't help), got his "dream move" to Porto and....then completely disappeared. Currently on loan at the mighty Colorado Rapids, where he can't even make it onto the bench.  

1 hour ago, HitchinFox said:

Could end up being another Sidnei Tavares if he's not careful. 

Tavares looked good for us. Sadly, he clearly thought he'd already made it, agent/dad started chirping (his cousin Nani probably didn't help), got his "dream move" to Porto and....then completely disappeared. Currently on loan at the mighty Colorado Rapids, where he can't even make it onto the bench.  

...I never felt that he was good enough before he went off to Porto!!!

His contract terminates in June next year with an option to buy, he will have to try and work his way back.