Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
phoneticerror

Wanya Marcal-Madivadua

48 minutes ago, Richmondfox said:

This is based off of 1 pre season so not overblown at all.  All wax no wick, happy to send the ball backwards too often and when he advanced he did too much that came to nothing. 

McAteer looked more skilful and progressive as a player. 

I was pleasantly surprised because in the first team so far he’s looked utterly useless 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Richmondfox said:

This is based off of 1 pre season so not overblown at all.  All wax no wick, happy to send the ball backwards too often and when he advanced he did too much that came to nothing. 

McAteer looked more skilful and progressive as a player. 

...he has always been unable to bring any genuine wing play to his game!!!

He is not a winger for me, good skills in possession, great in tight spaces. The U21s have not set him up to excel in this position, Maswanhise is also a halfway house in this respect.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he has always been unable to bring any genuine wing play to his game!!!

He is not a winger for me, good skills in possession, great in tight spaces. The U21s have not set him up to excel in this position, Maswanhise is also a halfway house in this respect.

I know nothing about him.  What would be a good position for his skill set?

there's potential there but he's another that's been starved of a loan when he needed it, he and Maswanhise should be coming back off of loans pushing for first team now we need them for depth but they need a loan

27 minutes ago, Richmondfox said:

I know nothing about him.  What would be a good position for his skill set?

...I have posted before that I  believe he would be better used as a DM!!!

Now that appears to be a controversial appraisal by myself but he would be more effective in the pivot than Ricardo, as Justin was better in that role when he came on.

The U21s did not seek to use conventional wingers, more wide forwards where Maswanhise was mostly used as a forward. Madivadua sometimes played deeper out wide, as the setup for the development teams were all over the place and was detrimental to anyone looking to develop as a winger.

53 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Thought he was pretty rubbish yday, wasn’t going to read much into it as it was only pre season, but out of all those that started the game I thought he was the worst. 

Did better than Daka I thought. Not hard though, don’t rate him at all.

Edited by phoneticerror

1 minute ago, phoneticerror said:

Did better than Daka I thought. Not hard though, don’t rate him at all.

Yeah I’m losing faith in Daka as well, I really do think he can come good but feels less and less likely that it will be with us. 

1 minute ago, Dusty said:

Yeah I’m losing faith in Daka as well, I really do think he can come good but feels less and less likely that it will be with us. 

I’d love him to go. If he can do better elsewhere then good luck to him. He doesn’t have the confidence we need for this rebuild.

17 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

I’d love him to go. If he can do better elsewhere then good luck to him. He doesn’t have the confidence we need for this rebuild.

He doesn't have the confidence we need for this rebuild... you make this judgement after 45 minutes of pre season.

Edited by Foreverfox

1 hour ago, phoneticerror said:

I’m talking about Daka mate, who I’ve seen play for more than 45 mins. 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

I know exactly who you are talking about.

And ill say it again.

45 minutes into previous season and already you judge he doesn't have enough confidence to cope with the rebuild? 

Amazing 👏 

Your words.

Admittedly basing this off 60 minutes of football but I don’t think he’s ready yet, needs a loan move. McAteer appeared a lot more comfortable out there and had much better impact in his 30 minutes than Wanya did in 60 minutes. 

3 wingers needed with Albrighton rounding it out for depth imo.

1 hour ago, Foreverfox said:

I know exactly who you are talking about.

And ill say it again.

45 minutes into previous season and already you judge he doesn't have enough confidence to cope with the rebuild? 

Amazing 👏 

Your words.

I’ve seen him play for 2 years, he’s not good enough. What does 45 mins of preseason have to do with it when we’ve got his track record of being soft as sh*t? 

Very interesting attitude. Maybe we can continue this in a “why Daka is/isn’t crap” thread? 😂😂

Edited by phoneticerror

14 hours ago, Big_Nige said:

He was OK. Nothing more. First touch let him down on occasions, but he was direct and played a nice little through ball to Vards in the first half. As opportunities go I wouldn't say he grasped it. He should have gone out on loan last season.

You could tell McAteer has gone out and played mens football when he had his cameo. Thought he looked half decent and wouldn't have any reservations of having him in or around the squad

Kasey McAteer will be our break out star and young player of the season you heard it here first.

6 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Kasey McAteer will be our break out star and young player of the season you heard it here first.

If so, the likelihood is we've had an atrocious season as his two loan spells at a much lower level have been mediocre at best. Like his work rate but I'd be very surprised.

19 hours ago, filthyfox said:

Well... his name IS quite a handful

Let’s call him Wanyadinho.

The “dinho” bit makes him seem a bit spicier and adds around £15,000,000 to his price tag, even if he’s eventually terrible.

It’ll get other teams bemused and if we utilise the Ted Lasso, “looks at me tactic”, it’ll give someone else space to score. 

Anyone that doesn’t know this tactic it’s here: 

We could also sing the following song to him, to really hype him up:

Wanyadinhos f***ing magic

He wears a magic hat

When he came to Leicester

He said I fancy that

He could have signed for Derby

Or Forest but they’re shite

Instead he signed for Leicester

Because we’re Dynamite

** I robbed this from the Middlesbrough fans, singing about Juninho. 

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If so, the likelihood is we've had an atrocious season as his two loan spells at a much lower level have been mediocre at best. Like his work rate but I'd be very surprised.

Nah, just a hunch mate, might be completely wrong. There's just something about him I like.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Nah, just a hunch mate, might be completely wrong. There's just something about him I like.

I sort of know what you mean. He's got great energy and likes to join attacks, I'm surprised his loan spells were a mix of being very average and him being played in a more defensive position.

In the academy he's always been a goal scoring midfielder.

• Like 1