Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
phoneticerror

Wanya Marcal-Madivadua

I thought he had a bright first half capped off with a great goal. 2nd half he dropped off but tbf so did the rest of the team - Ramsey’s goal came at a bad time! I agree that like McAteer he is a bit reluctant to take his man on but I put that down to being a rookie desperate not to give the ball away in the 1st team. He really should’ve been given more opportunities by Rodgers last year but he didn’t ever put any trust in blooding creative players from the u23 squad. 

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

Congratulations to the young man on his first senior goal! That’ll do his confidence no end of good, and I hope we see more of him this season even once we’ve completed our transfer business.

...after scoring you expected him to come alive in his game, but there was not a visible change!!!

Great goal and a big moment for him. 
Really important goal for us too. 

But I don’t think he’s at the level to be able to start. I don’t think I’ve seen him take a man on once yet. 

He, and our attacking play in general, needs to elevate. 

By no means do I think he's the finished article, however we've been crying out for a wide attacking midfielder on the right hand side for an age, and he's probably the best we have at the club right now. Glad he's taking this opportunity by the conkers, and I hope we see more of him, and more of the youth we have at the club. Just shows that we could've had the answer at the club all along, just wasn't given the opportunity.

• Like 2

It's a huge step up to start Championship games & I feel he is doing OK. It's great that Enzo is prepared to start him & I assume he thinks he can improve him.

It's a positive to see our manager giving academy players a shot.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, danhaw said:

By no means do I think he's the finished article, however we've been crying out for a wide attacking midfielder on the right hand side for an age, and he's probably the best we have at the club right now. Glad he's taking this opportunity by the conkers, and I hope we see more of him, and more of the youth we have at the club. Just shows that we could've had the answer at the club all along, just wasn't given the opportunity.

Yes, agree with that. His rawness is to be expected and a bit of patience needed. Thought he had a good first half in particular. Vestergaard made a couple of good cross field passes that he failed to get to due to a lack of anticipation but he'll grow given chance. Far better to watch him out there than Perez!

For someone whos never played first team football he looks very comfortable at this level. Good first touch, dribbling. As soon as he starts aggressively taking his full back on he could be a very good player. Impressed with him, looks far more comfortable then McAteer does as a winger

Edited by South Shire Fox

I agree that we need a RW, however, if we do not manage to sign one, I don't think it would be the end of the world. We have a footballer who looks like he could be great in the future with him only being 20 years old. Whilst he may not be perfect yet, if he keeps getting the minutes he will improve quickly. I like what I have seen 

• Like 1

He’s done okay in all honesty. 

Good players don’t become that overnight. Messi hasn’t always been the best player in the world. 

He needs time and we’re in the Championship. If it’s going to cost us £10,000,000 to upgrade, then maybe the club has decided to improve our youth prospects.

….. unless we have a re-buy option on Sowah or Wright. :ph34r: