Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
phoneticerror

Wanya Marcal-Madivadua

There's zero chance the club are getting another 2-3 wingers in before deadline day, so we should be keeping him around for depth at the very least. Otherwise, we will pick up 1 injury and be back to lop sided formations with 1 winger in. I've been reasonably impressed with him, been neat and tidy with his passing, good movement off the ball. Delighted for him getting a chance and scoring his first senior goal. Well deserved after he was messed around so much by Rodgers last season, picked him for the bench umpteen times and never brought him on once.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, orangecity23 said:

There's zero chance the club are getting another 2-3 wingers in before deadline day, so we should be keeping him around for depth at the very least. Otherwise, we will pick up 1 injury and be back to lop sided formations with 1 winger in. I've been reasonably impressed with him, been neat and tidy with his passing, good movement off the ball. Delighted for him getting a chance and scoring his first senior goal. Well deserved after he was messed around so much by Rodgers last season, picked him for the bench umpteen times and never brought him on once.

I have to say though, it works out well for him to play for us in the Championship otherwise he would have needed to go on loan. He is not yet PL quality / ready judging from his second half performance after Cardiff pressed harder and he lost the ball or misplaced his passes quite a few times which led to opposition counters. It is not about making mistakes - all players do - but he was not ready to handle the pressure and you can see he started to panic by making passes or moves in haste. In the PL, there would not be as much room to make those mistakes without being punished.

Edited by Tom12345

I think he is a decent option to come off the bench against tired defenders in the last 20 minutes of a game. At the moment I don’t think he is quite at the level to be a starter especially in a team with promotion aspirations but the goal certainly did his confidence the world of good and he definitely has the attributes to be a more than decent squad player and I also think he will be another whose development will soar with the coaching he will receive from Enzo and his team. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Just listened to an interview with him for the first time. Had no idea he was Leicester born and bred. Think I'd just read that he'd played for Portugal's young teams and assumed we'd brought him over as a youngster.

You sure he is Leicester born and bred ?

Thought he was from Peterborough originally 

53 minutes ago, Holly B said:

You sure he is Leicester born and bred ?

Thought he was from Peterborough originally 

41 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

he was born in Porto but grew up here in the UK

Possibly not then. Can't find the article I read now but it started by calling him a local lad.

1 hour ago, Big Dave said:

His major issue is that he is young and inexperienced, and due to the formation we play, generally has no right back to help. Give him a normal back 4 and he may well do better.

Its not a major issue at all. This is the best experience he could be getting right now. At times he has been a real handful but lacking some confidence with the end product. Following the goal in the 1st half he stepped up in my opinion. Struggled in the 2nd half, but wingers are rarely blowing hot 100% of the time. Also remember that he is being asked to play to a system, and on Saturday that involved hugging the line a lot and having to deal with long balls. I've been impressed, and would love to see his development continue like this. I imagine he came into training feeling a few inches taller this week.

38 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Good goal on Saturday but other than that, has seemed pretty naff.

He's either totally void of confidence, or literally doesn't know which way we are attacking. 

No idea what this is about!

• Like 1

scored a great goal Saturday, I genuinely think there is a really good player potentially there in him, but he has got to gain the confidence to take on his man. Several times on Saturday I felt frustrated with him because he had the defending back pedalling and he will choose to take the easier 5 yard pass backwards than take on his man.

I know it’s a confidence thing but I hope after his goal he gains more belief within himself.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Good goal on Saturday but other than that, has seemed pretty naff.

He's either totally void of confidence, or literally doesn't know which way we are attacking

Same as Maddison against Bournemouth last season.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

scored a great goal Saturday, I genuinely think there is a really good player potentially there in him, but he has got to gain the confidence to take on his man. Several times on Saturday I felt frustrated with him because he had the defending back pedalling and he will choose to take the easier 5 yard pass backwards than take on his man.

I know it’s a confidence thing but I hope after his goal he gains more belief within himself.

All i want to see from any of our wingers is the ability to take on their opponents in a 1v1 situation. 

If they can't manage that then they should be nowhere near the 1st team. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lee7 said:

All i want to see from any of our wingers is the ability to take on their opponents in a 1v1 situation. 

If they can't manage that then they should be nowhere near the 1st team. 

...I totally agree that should be the minimum they bring whilst playing for us, but you will note Beckham put crosses in without actually taking on a player!!!

5 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I totally agree that should be the minimum they bring whilst playing for us, but you will note Beckham put crosses in without actually taking on a player!!!

Players like Beckham are the rare exception... it's rare to find a player that can provide through balls or deliver crosses with the consistency and quality that he possessed. 

In the system Maresca plays it's important we have players who can beat an opponent with a feint or a bit of skill. Otherwise we will be just passing the ball around for the sake of it.