Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
phoneticerror

Wanya Marcal-Madivadua

1 hour ago, Ryy said:

He was born in Porto 

Portuguese born in Leicester..lived in Peterborough.

presume at least one of his parents have Portuguese links..

He has been capped for Portugal youth team…

Not long ago,He was interviewed..only saw a snapshot of it..

Edited by fuchsntf

Good article by Rob Tanner about Wanya and his brothers

Wanya joined us 8 years ago from Peterborough where he had been since he was 10

Gio was already here (now at Bolton), Chey was at Peterborough with Wanya, and their 9 year old brother has just joined our academy

Very keen on signing a new contract

https://theathletic.com/4802231/2023/08/25/wanya-marcal-leicester-brothers/

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Our just giving him and Mcateer whilst we don't have a RW.

he'd be unlikely to drop out completely, if Praet was back or Wanya available they would likely be on the bench over Ward and Castange

• Like 2

Just now, Jimmy said:

who couldn't get into the West Brom team last season he's here to be a senior player in the squad but really shouldn't play much

Yes, I’m aware of his role, it was just a reminder that we do have a winger still. Based on what I’ve seen from the two youngsters so far, I’d be giving Albrighton a start.

• Like 1

Just now, westernpark said:

Yes, I’m aware of his role, it was just a reminder that we do have a winger still. Based on what I’ve seen from the two youngsters so far, I’d be giving Albrighton a start.

why? he has lost his pace, control can be iffy at best and we don't have a CF for him to cross to, McAteer and Wanya are better options as they have pace and are more technical. People only call for Albrighton due to the prem title win, otherwise most would be wondering why he's still here, he should play in the cup to get game time and be on the bench to see out games nothing more

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Absolutely, there may be reasons why he didn't start for West Brom. What he can do is get the ball into the box for the forwards, McAteer was persistenly mincing about on the wing with no end product whatsoever, he was very frustrating and really quite poor. Looked way out of his depth.

• Like 1

Just now, Jimmy said:

why? he has lost his pace, control can be iffy at best and we don't have a CF for him to cross to, McAteer and Wanya are better options as they have pace and are more technical. People only call for Albrighton due to the prem title win, otherwise most would be wondering why he's still here, he should play in the cup to get game time and be on the bench to see out games nothing more

No. They have pace and are more technical but cannot beat their man. Albrighton can pass, yes he can cross and the point about a centre forward is redundant because Maresca wants midfielders in the box, KDH, Casadei goals are an example. Also you’re doing Albrighton a disservice by solely highlighting his Premier Leafue title win, he was an integral player for five years after. He’s not the long term answer, but he could be the answer if Mcateer and Wanya Marcal are the other options.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Absolutely, there may be reasons why he didn't start for West Brom. What he can do is get the ball into the box for the forwards, McAteer was persistenly mincing about on the wing with no end product whatsoever, he was very frustrating and really quite poor. Looked way out of his depth.

Yes Mcateer and Wanya Marcal were incredibly frustrating with the ball, thought Mcateer looked better against Liverpool beating his man, as he used his pace with runs inside from the left.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

The reason being is that he’s not very good anymore. They might be frustrating but to me albrighton is also frustrating, just kick and hope into the box mainly, when was the last time we scored from one of his crosses?

11 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

and who exactly is he crossing to? we don't have a centre forward worthy of the name so need technical wingers its not hard to grasp

3 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

The reason being is that he’s not very good anymore. They might be frustrating but to me albrighton is also frustrating, just kick and hope into the box mainly, when was the last time we scored from one of his crosses?

The last game he started, Iheanacho scored from a cross. 
Burton Albion for clarification 

Edited by westernpark