Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
phoneticerror

Wanya Marcal-Madivadua

1 minute ago, westernpark said:

Yes Mcateer and Wanya Marcal were incredibly frustrating with the ball, thought Mcateer looked better against Liverpool beating his man, as he used his pace with runs inside from the left.

Beating your man is only ever any good if you then subsequently do something positive with the ball. Sometimes and Albrighton is proven at this, you don't need to beat a man, you see and pass the ball early.

It was no coincidence last year that none of our strikers were scoring and this was mainly because they never got the ball in the dangerous areas of the pitch. Before he went out on loan, Albrighton got the ball into the box to our strikers more in half a game than most of a season. Systems and theories are all very well but it's getting the ball in the net that counts. In no way am I knocking Maresca because he's definitely had some big issues to address and others to repair. It's just that sometimes it doesn't have to be complicated. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

The reason being is that he’s not very good anymore. They might be frustrating but to me albrighton is also frustrating, just kick and hope into the box mainly, when was the last time we scored from one of his crosses?

The telling comment there was that he got the ball into the box, there's a reason our strikers weren't scoring, they never saw the ball!

3 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

and who exactly is he crossing to? we don't have a centre forward worthy of the name so need technical wingers its not hard to grasp

Vardy and Iheanacho were out of the habit of getting there because their almost natural instincts had been almost coached out of them.

22 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Yes, I’m aware of his role, it was just a reminder that we do have a winger still. Based on what I’ve seen from the two youngsters so far, I’d be giving Albrighton a start.

We still don't know what Wayna or Kasey are capable of, Wayna has only played his first professional games this season , he's shown flashes and it's a massive learning curve for him , people are too rash with their opinions of players

• Like 1

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

The telling comment there was that he got the ball into the box, there's a reason our strikers weren't scoring, they never saw the ball!

Yeah and they were headed away with relative ease. When vardy got the golden boot he amassed 3 assists so his crosses clearly weren’t as effective as you think they were. Our problems wasn’t scoring goals last season it was keeping them out the other end

6 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

against a League one that and not a good one at that

yeah and even this extremely rare assist from one of his crosses was behind Nacho and took a finish of the type that happens once every few years to do, if the answer to your team selection question is STILL Marc Albrighton then you are asking the wrong questions. He should leave at the end of this contract, earlier if we could find a taker to get his not insignificant wages off the books

• Like 2

Yeah and they were headed away with relative ease. When vardy got the golden boot he amassed 3 assists so his crosses clearly weren’t as effective as you think they were. Our problems wasn’t scoring goals last season it was keeping them out the other end

Vardy fed off of balls into the channels mostly from central positions, that explosive first step going and Rodgers demanding we don't take risks saw him stop scoring not the lack of Albrighton

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Yes but to claim he just hits and hopes, is ridiculous.

How is it? I remember a stat from a few years ago that 8 of his 92 crosses were accurate. He’s never had more than 7 assists in a season and rarely scores goals. Can’t be doing with the hyperbole that he’s some magician whipping balls in on a sixpence most of the time it’s just whack it in the box as quick as humanly possible and that’s fine to an extent but it’s so 1 dimensional and has been for years

Our goals in the main came from Barnes and Maddison, our strikers were poor but received little service, Albrighton rarely played. I do agree with you though that our main problems were at the other end. With Barnes and Maddison gone, I really think we need to involve our strikers more this year. Early days though and I'm still very optimistic. 👍🏻

4 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

yeah and even this extremely rare assist from one of his crosses was behind Nacho and took a finish of the type that happens once every few years to do, if the answer to your team selection question is STILL Marc Albrighton then you are asking the wrong questions. He should leave at the end of this contract, earlier if we could find a taker to get his not insignificant wages off the books

I too think he should only back up now but at present until the newcomer arrives, he has to be a better option than Mcateer that's all for me.

6 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I too think he should only back up now but at present until the newcomer arrives, he has to be a better option than Mcateer that's all for me.

why would he Enzo wants something specific from his wingers, he wants them to be technical, Albrighton has never been this he simply doesn't have the skills to do the job, he is a defensive winger for the last 10 mins when seeing out a game. McAteer played well against Cov so he's a reasonable option, people on here see to get a hard on in finding fault with out academy players if he'd come in this summer signed from a big 6 side the same people slating him would be preaching patience with him

2 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

I’m fine with his reasoning but at least put him on the bench ahead of one of the two keepers.

It's bizarre isn't it. 

It the extremely unlikely event that the keeper gets injured and then his replacement gets injured, I'd probably risk an outfield player going in goal rather than reverting to Ward. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

The reason being is that he’s not very good anymore. They might be frustrating but to me albrighton is also frustrating, just kick and hope into the box mainly, when was the last time we scored from one of his crosses?

I mean he rarely starts and hasn't started 2 in a row for over a year so you may as well ask when did Hamza last make a tackle.

It's never just kick and hope with him either, he gets it in the right areas or flights it in a way that its more dangerous.