Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
phoneticerror

Wanya Marcal-Madivadua

12 hours ago, eblair said:

I like Enzo but disagree about this totally, especially when have 2 keepers on the bench. 

He's looking at the long term progress of these kids and just following Pep's model. Which is easier to implement when you have a squad littered with £60m players, granted. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, eblair said:

I like Enzo but disagree about this totally, especially when have 2 keepers on the bench. 

And I totally disagree with you here, the long term development of the youngsters far outweighs any fan desire to see them repeatedly blooded too soon

• Like 2

Enzo has seen Wanya in training all week he has also been in and around him all week too, perhaps he has seen something that he hasn’t liked, maybe a bit of complacency or a touch of arrogance has crept in and he has taken the opportunity to teach him a valuable lesson and refocus him. Enzo know’s far more about what is going on day in day out at the club than I do so I am more than happy to trust his judgement on this. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Jimmy said:

perhaps he wasn't training properly so it was needed to drop him completely?

17 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Makes it seem like something has happened or way he's acted. 

Hopefully works in our favour 

I definitely got the impression that he might have been swanning round Seagrave last week and had a slapdown

Enzo being a good coach, I thought it was really nice to hear him come out and be brutally honest. Let’s face it bar the goal Wanya wasn’t groundbreaking, so Enzo has to keep the lad grounded. 

I think sometimes as fans we get used to old fashioned ways of managing…. Keeping a consistent team, if a player scores keep them in etc, etc….. Enzo isn’t like this, he is cut from the modern manager cloth, and whereas some fans won’t like it, it’s the right move for the club. There’s no hiding with Enzo, he says what he see’s and he has done a marvellous job so far this season, considering how shit the pre season was he has done an incredible job of getting us going. 

This is exactly what the club needed after Rodgers, a complete reset, and a whole new philosophy and approach. 

We will yield the results in years to come, it’s just a crying shame this decision wasn’t made sooner and Rodgers dispensed of when there were early signs of his decline. Still, Enzo may not have been on the radar then, so we have to accept things happen for a reason. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Devonfox1884 said:

I wonder if it’d be best to get him out on loan if we get this lad from Sporting in.

Him, Kasey, Akgun and Mavididi with Albrighton in reserve would be more than enough you’d think. Get Wanya playing regularly in league 1!

you'd hope that's the plan, though I'm sure Kasey was more of a central player before making the first team so may depend on what happens with the likes of Praet

3 hours ago, Devonfox1884 said:

I wonder if it’d be best to get him out on loan if we get this lad from Sporting in.

Him, Kasey, Akgun and Mavididi with Albrighton in reserve would be more than enough you’d think. Get Wanya playing regularly in league 1!

42 league games, plus minimum 2 cup games, so 44 games to go. We are going to need them all.

On 20/08/2023 at 01:52, lanefox said:

He's not doing too bad saying these are his first professional games this season

Also what's his background because he has an English accent, is he related to Nani or was that Tavares

Tavares it's related do Nani, this kids come to UK really young so they speak a very good English 

12 minutes ago, Simon alex said:

100% failed negotiations,  to go on loan he needs a new contract , to stay on first team he needs a new contract,  no doubt its failed negotiations 

I hope he learns from Tavares. He is best placed signing a new 2-3 year deal and going on loan for a season to League One. Maresca will give him chances which can't be said of the previous regime.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I hope he learns from Tavares. He is best placed signing a new 2-3 year deal and going on loan for a season to League One. Maresca will give him chances which can't be said of the previous regime.

just hope the young players remember the Tavares stuff, as if he'd a stayed here, pretty sure he'd a been in and around the starting 11 now, think some of them need to remember to stay humble and get their head down and not get ahead of themselves. WMM while he looks promising, hes still got alot to learn, 

should take a page out of KDH's book, go out on loan, get the experience etc then come back ready to go. but some players think they are big time even tho theyve done naff all

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd hope he be advised to sign a new deal and then either battle for a bench spot or go out and seek first time football. 

Still fairly young and his few appearances with us will have done him a bit to gain some attention down the league's.

I remember Enzo saying that he wants his wingers to be braver in one on ones. I think Mcateer has been a little more so but Marcal, despite his goal, has looked very safe and hasn't had much impact. That's why I'd imagine he's been dropped. 

A good opportunity tonight perhaps to be more brave.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I remember Enzo saying that he wants his wingers to be braver in one on ones. I think Mcateer has been a little more so but Marcal, despite his goal, has looked very safe and hasn't had much impact. That's why I'd imagine he's been dropped. 

A good opportunity tonight perhaps to be more brave.

I think that's a fair comment. It's also why I think Wanya would be more suited to the #8 position than the winger one. 

He doesn't really need to take players on, can rely on his passing and he wouldn't need to receive those long crossfield passes that he seems to struggle controlling quite as much. Would more often than not be short passes to feet. 

• Like 1

On 27/08/2023 at 15:03, TheFiveTime said:

I was under the impression Wanya said something in an interview about not being bored on the ball and Enzo in his own interview said something like 'these players say everything" - I thought maybe Enzo didnt like that aspect of things? Maybe not

...I believe he was alluding to another comment from a player (I think it was Albrighton) where what Maresca had said was a throw-away line, but repeated to the press. Madivadua's comment became the second comment that had found its way to the media, I suspect that he wants whatever is said at Seagrave to stay at Seagrave!!!

Just going by Maresca's response to the question by Radio Leicester, he was very much irked by the question about Madivadua not being in the squad, saying that he (Maresca) does not care what the player thinks. It was either frustration by the same questions being asked in different ways, or that whatever had transpired in training warranted him being left out of the squad altogether.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I think that's a fair comment. It's also why I think Wanya would be more suited to the #8 position than the winger one. 

He doesn't really need to take players on, can rely on his passing and he wouldn't need to receive those long crossfield passes that he seems to struggle controlling quite as much. Would more often than not be short passes to feet. 

...very much so!!!

He is not a winger, he does not have the instincts, and he needs to play centrally.

• Like 1

Surely he was dropped after scoring just to keep him grounded & wouldn't be surprised to see Kasey also missing in these next few games, at this age, breaking in as they have its more about handling their own emotions & not getting swepted up (pressure, thinking they have made it etc etc) than getting a run of continious games i'd imagine.

1 minute ago, BKLFox said:

Surely he was dropped after scoring just to keep him grounded & wouldn't be surprised to see Kasey also missing in these next few games, at this age, breaking in as they have its more about handling their own emotions & not getting swepted up (pressure, thinking they have made it etc etc) than getting a run of continious games i'd imagine.

Yep. It's straight out of the Pep book!

8 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Absolutely love it from Enzo too.

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Yep. It's straight out of the Pep book!

Pep's not actually brought through that many academy players at Man City and regularly played them. Even Foden's suffered massively last season.

Maresca is his own man and I hope he's better than Pep in this regard.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Pep's not actually brought through that many academy players at Man City and regularly played them. Even Foden's suffered massively last season.

Maresca is his own man and I hope he's better than Pep in this regard.

I mean player management in general, not just kids. 

• Like 1