Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Double Decker

Spurs in Thailand

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Nailed on to score

It's a friendly so tbh the score is totally irrelevant. Better for him to score in this one than if we meet them in a cup game / get back to the Premier League!

For this game, given the heat and humidity, the performance will be hard to judge. This game is a pure money maker / brand awareness thing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bert said:

I just do, and I’m sure many others feel the same. 

The way the club is being run, the lack of communication, ticket checks at away games, people being banned for throwaway comments. It’s not the club that I know and was once proud of. I feel we are seen as customers rather than supporters these days. Whether it’s myself or someone that’s had a season ticket longer than me, we are seen as just a number these days. 

I agree with all of the above but it also hit home yesterday when i seen the clips of the players high fiving all the Thai fans and blasting footballs into the crowd....i can't remember the players ever interacting with the fans that follow the side up and down the country/europe like that :dunno:

It does make you wonder how much the club actually appreciate us as supporters.

• Like 2

What is our obsession with a player not being in the squad……. And it being some massive conspiracy…. Perhaps being close to 40, he might be carrying a knock? Call Moulder and Scully and have them standby….. unless, he’s shagged someone’s Nan? 

Just now, lee7 said:

I agree with all of the above but it also hit home yesterday when i seen the clips of the players high fiving all the Thai fans and blasting footballs into the crowd....i can't remember the players ever interacting with the fans that follow the side up and down the country/europe like that :dunno:

I think the players have been really flat and demotivated for the last 18 months. Things seem a bit different now and wouldn’t be surprised to see more interaction from them this season. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lee7 said:

Why are we acting like we’re the only club currently playing their pre-season games overseas?

Not just you btw but the Premier League was launched to basically become what it is….a business with global outreach, the rewards for clubs = silly money, look at how Bournemouth signed players that were being linked with genuinely big European clubs.

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

It's a friendly so tbh the score is totally irrelevant. Better for him to score in this one than if we meet them in a cup game / get back to the Premier League!

For this game, given the heat and humidity, the performance will be hard to judge. This game is a pure money maker / brand awareness thing.

Oh yeah, this game means nothing at all. I still think it's daft in our current situation to be going out there and playing against these teams, but these fixtures would have been arranged so long ago, just shows a touch of arrogance I suppose that we didn't think we'd be where we are.

I do question the mental affect it may have in the players though, if we suffer a heavy loss. Faes, Ricky, Timmy, KDH and Kel all part of the squad that got relegated, plus those amongst the subs, new manager and system or not, a decent defeat here and against Liverpool could have a detrimental impact on the minds of these players. 

For now, and I'm sure Enzo will be saying similar, it's not about the result or the performance, it's about testing our new systems and tactics and growing as a team while getting minutes in the legs 

Leicester City fans are invited to join the stars of the Football Club’s Men’s and Women’s First Teams for a special free Open Training Session to be held at King Power Stadium on Wednesday 2 August.

- LCFC’s Men’s and Women’s Team set for Open Training at King Power Stadium
- Event takes place on 2 August with tickets free of charge for all supporters
- Prize draws, photos with LCFC Legends and much more to enjoy on the day
- Tickets available on a first come first served basis and Season Ticket Holders can book their place from Wednesday 19 July

The session will be a one-of-a-kind opportunity to witness both the Men's and Women's First Teams in action on the same day as they prepare for the upcoming Sky Bet Championship and Barclays Women's Super League seasons respectively.

Tickets for this event are free for all supporters and can be booked from Wednesday 19 July for Season Ticket Holders, before being made available to Fox Members at 8am (online) and (9am via phone) on Friday 21 July. All other supporters will then be able to book their place online on Saturday 22 July and via phone from 9am on Monday 24 July.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Why are we acting like we’re the only club currently playing their pre-season games overseas?

Not just you btw but the Premier League was launched to basically become what it is….a business with global outreach, the rewards for clubs = silly money, look at how Bournemouth signed players that were being linked with genuinely big European clubs.

Personally it doesn't bother me one little bit that we are overseas. 

The club can have their pre-season anywhere they feel fit. 

It's the way the players are interacting with the Thai fans compared to how they interact with the fans that pay thousands of pounds to watch them week in week out that gets to me :thumbdown:

39 minutes ago, Bert said:

I just do, and I’m sure many others feel the same. 

The way the club is being run, the lack of communication, ticket checks at away games, people being banned for throwaway comments. It’s not the club that I know and was once proud of. I feel we are seen as customers rather than supporters these days. Whether it’s myself or someone that’s had a season ticket longer than me, we are seen as just a number these days. 

But that's not just us, it's football as a whole that's changing. 

English fans prove time and time again that they can't be trusted. That's a fact and as always it's the small minority that have an impact on the wider group. 

Checks at away games will, and should, discourage fans who have higher priority points from keeping up their points when they have no intention to go to the game and sell their tickets on, meaning everyone has a better chance of getting to away games. People being banned for throw away comments just mirrors what's happening in the world, not just sports. Not sure what communication you want? There is so much media coverage these days that managers, staff and players are constantly thrown in front of a camera. Emails go out almost daily about ticket sales etc 

Like it or not we just customers, football has been that way for years now and will only continue to get worse. And football clubs have a responsibility to look out for every single "fan" not just those like us lot who are born and bred Leicester, with over a quarter of a decade as a season ticket holder.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2