Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Double Decker

Spurs in Thailand

4 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

You cant blame the club for weather, but you can blame them for agreeing/organising the game in an open stadium during the rainy season. With all the money involved and importance of this pre-season game, did nobody stop and think that this is a big risk? Is there not a stadium with a roof in Thailand?

Football unlike cricket is often played in the rain.

If you want to fking moan,go to a whore house they are plenty around…

The game was played or not….:dunno:

These last few pages were trolls & Forest & Derby fans…

L’pool is the next game…

Playing against 2 PL sides, pray tell why isn’t that decent preperation…

Why because it doesn’t fit individual asshole fans,must it be so bad…

Do it my way or else attitude…Fking pathetic..

fk off and support someone else..!!
we got relegated, we have not so much financial clout so what the shit hit the fan in our direction

..Man up  grow some balls.!!

Lets see what the season brings, we just have to get on with it, we can do without the yapping shrew-fans…

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

Whoosh……The Thai League play during 3 months of the rainy season.  So I assume not every game is cancelled due to waterlogged pitches?  Shite happens.  There could be contractual obligations about this tour?  Other than KP with have other Thai sponsors.

That hasn't answered my question at all.

1 minute ago, Mawuli said:

I'm sorry I know this is bad but some of you acting as if this was some insanely huge fixture  hilarious. We can fix up so many closed door friendlies before you can type rudkin out

Spurs won’t want to just get one game either, expect they’ll do a closed doors friendly. 

21 minutes ago, Sly said:

Surely it’s about risk mitigation though, coming out of the farce last season. 

We know it’s rains a lot, so if we really must go abroad, choose a country and stadium that has stadiums with roofing. No football Stadium in Thailand does. 

As a club, we’re still making incompetent decisions and letting out heart rule our head. 

We’re meant to be playing in a 70,000 seater stadium right now, that only 5,000 at most have turned up (More than half of those are Tottenham Fans). We’re only here due to our Thailand connections and it’s daft stuff like this that is now hampering the football club, rather than allowing us to be progressive. 

This is even before we get into the debate of what this will have cost us, as I doubt the payback from this trip is worth it in the long run from a commercial

standpoint 

It should have been canned prior to getting relegated. 

When are we going to stop being an Ostrich of a football club, get our heads out of the bloody sand and make some sensible decisions on and off the pitch. 

image.thumb.jpeg.c241a8414eb6dd1635a6f362a560e628.jpeg

I've just written this pretty much word for word

Ostrich mentality since the middle of last season :nigel:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Langston said:

That hasn't answered my question at all.

I am not the Foxes Trust.  All questions on the running of our fine football club should be addressed to them via e-mail, preferably in time for their forthcoming Teams Call with Club Officials.

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

L’pool is the next game…

we got relegated, we have not so much financial clout so what the shit hit the fan in our direction

Lets see what the season brings, we just have to get on with it, we can do without the yapping shrew-fans…

Normally I wouldn’t be too concerned, but we have a new manager and squad, we need to play matches before the season starts. Otherwise our players aren’t going to be able to remember what a ball is or how to put on their football boots! 

10 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

L’pool is the next game…

Jesus 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's not ideal preparation for a league season but holy shit the over reaction in here. 

Way i see it everyones had a few months of pent up anger to get out of their system. 

This is crap, but although not unheard of they got really unlucky with the weather. I wish they cancelled this tour but i presume it was being planned long before relegation was a serious proposition. Still doesn't make it right but i think there are some overboard reactions. Hopefully there is enough going on behind closed doors to get us ready. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

L’pool is the next game…

I think it’s time for you to go the same way as your alter ego Aus Fox. 

On the one hand, plenty of people were pointing out the folly of this some time ago. There have been enough doubts about decisions higher up, over time, to justify wondering whether priorities have been in the right place again. If the financial rewards were negligible, the risk of a slow-start to the season may (as people often point out when we're haggling over a cent here or there for players) outweigh the scant return.

On the other hand, there are a good few 'could bes' and 'might bes' here. We don't know how costly it would have been to change our plans. I suspect few of us know how 'to-be-expected' a cancellation at this time of year in Thailand is. If we had all of the information in front of us, we'd most likely still think it was folly, but it's hard to speak with any conviction about it.

I'd add that our pre-season programme in 2016, with that late-in-the-day US tour, was considered by many to be a factor in our slow start thereafter. You'd hope that lessons had been learned, whether expecting a PL season or otherwise, and plenty of managers have warned about these sorts of tours in the past. But, once again, I don't know the degree to which that's just an easy excuse, and I'm well aware that we wouldn't be having this conversation if it hadn't been for a (freak?) downpour.

It's annoying though. And between the pre-season programme and the slow progress on transfers - understandable though it may be - we're not making it easy for the manager.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

L’pool is the next game…

Not sure why you picked me for your strange rant. There's a bit of a difference between a bit of rain and a monsoon. 

Unfortunately I will not "fk off and go support someone else", you're stuck with me as a fan and poster on here lol

• Like 1

Just now, lgfualol said:

Not sure why you picked me for your strange rant. There's a bit of a difference between a bit of rain and a monsoon. 

Unfortunately I will not "fk off and go support someone else", you're stuck with me as a fan and poster on here lol

Will you go to a whore house though?  We must be told.  

16 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Way i see it everyones had a few months of pent up anger to get out of their system. 

This is crap, but although not unheard of they got really unlucky with the weather. I wish they cancelled this tour but i presume it was being planned long before relegation was a serious proposition. Still doesn't make it right but i think there are some overboard reactions. Hopefully there is enough going on behind closed doors to get us ready. 

I agree with the general tone of your post. There is an over-reaction and it isn't the end of the world but let's be clear, having a game called of due to rain when you scheduled it in Thailand during peak monsoon season is hardly "unlucky".... It's to be expected.