Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Double Decker

Spurs in Thailand

On 18/07/2023 at 12:47, moore_94 said:

Press the new Spurs keeper quickly and you can definitely get something out of him, doesn’t look very comfortable with this feet

Maybe they are in for a keeper ----- Ward anyone?

3 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Does anyone else care about this?

I'm just hoping we don't get any stupid injuries out of it. We have way more important things to plan for.

Injuries can happen at any game. Coady limped off yesterday. 

More stupid were the insistence to play these ' glamour' friendlies (against teams less well known than us) - teams with a chip on their shoulder like Villareal. That had disaster written all over it. 

13 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I think the ladyboy comment makes it a tad weird.

Part of their everyday holiday zones,and often advertised without too much searching..And on a few Thailand & Asian tourist sites…

Like red light areas or window shopping,in Niederland,France,Belguim etc..

Never interested me,one iota,but has a technician / Engineer travelling,sometimes living in various countries the sites come a knocking ,even before internet.

Sometimes with hidden hypocritical Pride on flyers before internet…

The state weird comes from a very innocent, who must yet with open eyes and discover what the big wide world has to offer…or you fall in love with someone with the false extras..

13 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Looks like they are flying tonight. Ricky just posted on his story. Soumare travelling.

Unless they have chartered a plane, they'll be on Thai Airways from Heathrow 

Interesting 

maybe Barnes’ move means we will play hardball with any other enquires 

On 17/07/2023 at 21:54, SystonFox said:

Someone talking about ndidi slicing into madders and snapping him?

got more chance of a chest bump and a limp handshake followed by a shirt swap at half time. Far too nice this mob.

Reckon VK could snap someone in three he looks like a right psycho mf

Bit off topic, but what's that Syston Food Festival like? Seen it pop up on Facebook and i'm running low on cheese.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I was hoping for the opposite. Barnes gives us the freedom to get rid of the fringe players or those with only a year to go for slightly less than we've previously demanded and not been successful in securing.

We need players out.

It’s also about players wage demands with their new clubs.  If an agent agrees with the buying club that his client is worth £15m, he may ask the buying club to cut a lower deal and for the player to get the difference in s/o fee or salary.  We know this goes on and may be saying to players that they need to drop this approach or we’ll keep them and they can play in the championship and earn less dosh.  before Barnes went it was a vacuous stance because we still had a hole to fill. Now we can play poker with a stronger hand. 

Deals dragging on will mean players we could get in going elsewhere - so it’s a strategy that may save you a few million but what you miss out on could be worth a lot more.  like you, I’d rather we get business done and if we get turned over for a few million here and there then so be it.  Promotion is the bigger picture  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Skid_1884 said:

The fact that they would rather go to Asia and play than give the usual marquee friendly at the KP shows that they care more about the overseas audience than they do the real fans at home.

Comes down to which produces more money/revenue, I'm afraid. 

38 minutes ago, Skid_1884 said:

The fact that they would rather go to Asia and play than give the usual marquee friendly at the KP shows that they care more about the overseas audience than they do the real fans at home.

I dont think we had much of a choice did we? I am pretty sure it is a contractual obligation. 

I imagine when all this was booked and planned it still would have given us enough time for a friendly at home before the premier league season started. 

And lets be honest the home friendlies have been terrible for us in the last two seasons. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Skid_1884 said:

We probably would have had one, but because the club didn’t think we’d get relegated until we did, we’re playing in the Championship against Cov instead of someone like Valencia at home.