Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Double Decker

Spurs in Thailand

17 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

A bit of perspective - Brighton who 99% of us (myself included) rave about how well run they are have FOUR pre-season friendlies planned with 3 out of the 4 being in the US.

I know we’re all bitter about last season but a bit of perspective is definitely needed.

The difference being that they are still in the premier league, and came back for pre season at the same time as other teams in their division and won't be coming back from a long haul pre season tour a week before their season kicks off. 

Regardless of todays game being called off, as soon as we were officially relegated, we should have called off this tour.

It was unnecessary at best, and foolhardy in reality.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Craig said:

Just in case you’ve made plans and to warn you, the Burton game is between the Coventry and Huddersfield games, not before Coventry. 

We’re off to play Liverpool in Singapore next weekend, so not back until next Monday/Tuesday when we’ll probably be jet-lagged. 

Ah fook, got me dates mixed.

7 minutes ago, SK3Blue said:

So we've had 45 mins per player at Northampton, a jog around at the sister club and a stroll around Bangkok posing for photos and high fiving. 

They'll be blowing out of their asses against Cov. 

Good thing Cov have played less than we have then

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

@old koppite still in favour of this great trip are we?

Ha ha, oh dear, you can’t let it go can you!

I’ll repeat myself as your brain isn’t taking it in is it? Yes for commercial reasons and branding ; no for risk of injuries, tiredness, distraction and disruption to pre season - and of course the latter has just happened.

I’m sure you’d have been straight on here if the game had been played in safe conditions, we’d have deservedly won and a clear vision of Enzos approach was seen.

Yeah, right………

Sorry you had disturbed sleep over night ,  split between whether you wanted us to win or being able to get on here to have another pop at me.

I still have faith that Enzo and his team will get it right , but only time will tell.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, old koppite said:

Ha ha, oh dear, you can’t let it go can you!

I’ll repeat myself as your brain isn’t taking it in is it? Yes for commercial reasons and branding ; no for risk of injuries, tiredness, distraction and disruption to pre season - and of course the latter has just happened.

I’m sure you’d have been straight on here if the game had been played in safe conditions, we’d have deservedly won and a clear vision of Enzos approach was seen.

Yeah, right………

Sorry you had disturbed sleep over night ,  split between whether you wanted us to win or being able to get on here to have another pop at me.

I still have faith that Enzo and his team will get it right , but only time will tell.

If my grandma had wheels she'd be a bike

I always want us to win. This laughable trip makes us less likely to when it matters in two weeks. Let's worry about the commercial aspect of our club when we have something to show off. 

56 minutes ago, Sly said:

I think it’s just more of the domino effect of the continued shit show.

Not changing the squad when we needed additions.

Selling players late so you end up signing completely terrible replacements. 

Keeping Rodgers long after 80% of this forum realised it wasn’t working.

Not playing your best players and allowing people like Amartey and Ward to continually play whilst we had Soyuncu and Iversen sat on the bench.

Not selling players and losing millions, thus allowing us to progress. Then allowing assets walk away for free. 

Buying a continually load of “duffers”, causing our playing squad to go backward.

Potentially the worst free fall in English football, getting relegated with the highest ever wage bill.

Taking out loans again the club future TV money, which we no longer have.

More injuries than the Leicester Royal Infirmary ER unit. 

A total deluded take on our current predicament. 

Shirt price fixing, which we got off fairly lightly for. 

This visit to Thailand, just tops off what is basically, what on Earth are we doing, trying to parade us commercially to a demographic that really doesn’t care about us. 

All of this whilst having the communications skills of an astronaught, shouting into a vacuum. 

Don’t forget Top saying some anon Twitter users were sending him abuse which basically got him off the hook for the past 18 months. 

PS. Stop overreacting :whistle:

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

A bit of perspective - Brighton who 99% of us (myself included) rave about how well run they are have FOUR pre-season friendlies planned with 3 out of the 4 being in the US.

I know we’re all bitter about last season but a bit of perspective is definitely needed.

Oh no not the P word being rolled out already 

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Bilo said:

It's unfortunate, but it could have been a decent workout. Quality, but potentially beatable, opposition in front of a big crowd before coming back to play Burton and then Coventry on the opening day.

Planning this in Thailand during monsoon season was questionable, but numerous PL teams do exactly the same every year without a hitch. It hasn't worked out, but it's not really cause for some of the Jonestown reactions we're seeing here. 

I never bought into this argument that it was like the ICC just after we won the league where we played two world class teams in two different continents over a matter of days; I just saw it as a bit of a cash cow that we could have regretted had a key player gotten injured, but the same happened in our own backyard when Fofana got injured against Villarreal so the location didn't really come into it.

As it is, we now have a gap in our preparation that will need to be plugged with decent opposition to see how we gel. A behind-closed-doors friendly at Seagrave against decent Premier League opposition would give us an idea of where we are in terms of progress. 

Someone needs to get on the phone to Brighton and Spurs. They’ll appreciate it. 

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

Not sure why you picked me for your strange rant. There's a bit of a difference between a bit of rain and a monsoon. 

Unfortunately I will not "fk off and go support someone else", you're stuck with me as a fan and poster on here lol

And I have bad days too, but still use my common sense,not to care what the club decides,or honour old and new promises…plus many fans were begging for club to do pre-season, overseas tournaments,with a mix of easy & quality opposition,like

the real top PL teams do…plus Spurs & L’pool are that quality opposition or not..

Now they are doing this overseas adventure some dozos decide to criticise cos they are not playing 5-7games against lesser teams…and the way they are nagging and keeping up the negative rhetoric, one can only see in the nature  of a pure enjoyable pastime to the average fan ,now seen as continual moaning for moaning sake..

So if you see the forum has a platform for continual unsatisfaction & need to express a continual frustration of negatives,then be prepared, from others a few whiplashes from other fans that want to move forward as a collective and not always read the whining,moaning contralto pages of negative vibes,and question everything

why own up to be a fan,which seem hypocritical to the word fan, itself.

The last seasons choking mess hurt all of us,a mistrust built,I understand that and will jump in the same trench to even support that right to express some damn good

negative logical views…but there is a time to start jumping more into the other trenches

from those trenches that doesn’t get you anywhere into new season,new general,

see if through club high off-field & squad playing levels, one can move & charge forward,into making a new clubs history now it’s time for fans to put on their high to be seen positive caps,and not keep those dog eared flat caps of negativity..

Pre season is club marketing, getting remaining squad & new investments upto match fitness,restart the bonding process on and off the pitch.

Tests against light opposition,then some quality heavy opponents who are doing

the same..then some kick around against various squads also preparing for their new season,often not reported behind close doors…complain about weather

goes beyond the pale ( sorry for the pun), it might be too hot ,too windy,or a heavy monsoon..that life, Uk ain’t at the moment..brilliant Europe is experiencing

42c plus…So nowhere is right..Only leads to observation of moaning plonkers or..!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sly said:

I think it’s just more of the domino effect of the continued shit show.

Not changing the squad when we needed additions.

Selling players late so you end up signing completely terrible replacements. 

Keeping Rodgers long after 80% of this forum realised it wasn’t working.

Not playing your best players and allowing people like Amartey and Ward to continually play whilst we had Soyuncu and Iversen sat on the bench.

Not selling players and losing millions, thus allowing us to progress. Then allowing assets walk away for free. 

Buying a continually load of “duffers”, causing our playing squad to go backward.

Potentially the worst free fall in English football, getting relegated with the highest ever wage bill.

Taking out loans again the club future TV money, which we no longer have.

More injuries than the Leicester Royal Infirmary ER unit. 

A total deluded take on our current predicament. 

Shirt price fixing, which we got off fairly lightly for. 

This visit to Thailand, just tops off what is basically, what on Earth are we doing, trying to parade us commercially to a demographic that really doesn’t care about us. 

All of this whilst having the communications skills of an astronaught, shouting into a vacuum. 

I absolutely do not get lumping all that into a new season with new manager and new set up with new players coming in..

You have to acknowledge the positive steps we are taking and get over last season. It’s gone, it’s done with. Rodgers has GONE.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MPH said:

I absolutely do not get lumping all that into a new season with new manager and new set up with new players coming in..

You have to acknowledge the positive steps we are taking and get over last season. It’s gone, it’s done with. Rodgers has GONE.

It’s more that we are still doing stupid shit @MPH and haven’t learnt from it. 

Top gets a fairly free ride, as he’s part of a brand that has father built. Like Maddison though, he’s got to read the bloody room

before having a pop at the fans. 

We’ve still got the elephant in the room to come, when the monopoly for duty free is cracked if the Thai goverment changes. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

To go into a new season, with a new manager and squad and to not have played much football is pretty terrible to be honest 

I think you're right. If we had the same 11 as last season, it wouldn't be so bad, but if there was ever a year we needed practice games it was this one, I'm hoping they're trying to source another stadium they can play a game behind closed doors 

11 minutes ago, MPH said:

2 hours ago, Matt said:

As I said when Tanner reported the contract is still on the table for Jonny Evans:

You can be as positive and excited about Maresca and the new signings as much as you like but we still have several stark reminders of the people running our club are still here, in place.

One more time for those at the back.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Oh no not the P word being rolled out already 

Or, maybe I’m trying to let go of last season and over a balanced thought process and compare our season preparations to a well run Brighton.

19 minutes ago, KFS said:

We was in league one to be fair mate

What a ridiculous comment, I have hardly compared us to “Little Leicester” just saying the over reaction on here is OTT