Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Double Decker

Spurs in Thailand

2 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Anyone whos ever been to regular games in states won't be surprised, its practically normal behaviour there.  See how well security dealt with it....let them fight then politely ask them to move once fight is over...thats about as involved security gets over there.:D

Guess having six hour beer sessions in the car park prior to matches plays a part - or don't they do that at proper football?

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

And I have bad days too, but still use my common sense,not to care what the club decides,or honour old and new promises…plus many fans were begging for club to do pre-season, overseas tournaments,with a mix of easy & quality opposition,like

the real top PL teams do…plus Spurs & L’pool are that quality opposition or not..

Now they are doing this overseas adventure some dozos decide to criticise cos they are not playing 5-7games against lesser teams…and the way they are nagging and keeping up the negative rhetoric, one can only see in the nature  of a pure enjoyable pastime to the average fan ,now seen as continual moaning for moaning sake..

So if you see the forum has a platform for continual unsatisfaction & need to express a continual frustration of negatives,then be prepared, from others a few whiplashes from other fans that want to move forward as a collective and not always read the whining,moaning contralto pages of negative vibes,and question everything

why own up to be a fan,which seem hypocritical to the word fan, itself.

The last seasons choking mess hurt all of us,a mistrust built,I understand that and will jump in the same trench to even support that right to express some damn good

negative logical views…but there is a time to start jumping more into the other trenches

from those trenches that doesn’t get you anywhere into new season,new general,

see if through club high off-field & squad playing levels, one can move & charge forward,into making a new clubs history now it’s time for fans to put on their high to be seen positive caps,and not keep those dog eared flat caps of negativity..

Pre season is club marketing, getting remaining squad & new investments upto match fitness,restart the bonding process on and off the pitch.

Tests against light opposition,then some quality heavy opponents who are doing

the same..then some kick around against various squads also preparing for their new season,often not reported behind close doors…complain about weather

goes beyond the pale ( sorry for the pun), it might be too hot ,too windy,or a heavy monsoon..that life, Uk ain’t at the moment..brilliant Europe is experiencing

42c plus…So nowhere is right..Only leads to observation of moaning plonkers or..!!

Some very valid points. We used to go to Austria in the past,  but I can confirm it is ridiculously hot here at the moment and not ideal for a playing football!

To those earlier who were (correctly) pointing out the difference in how the fans over there are treated compared to here, it is obvious why. They won't be booing the team off, putting up banners calling out the chairman, giving still unconfirmed "nasty messages" and criticising the running of many aspects of the club.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

If my grandma had wheels she'd be a bike

I always want us to win. This laughable trip makes us less likely to when it matters in two weeks. Let's worry about the commercial aspect of our club when we have something to show off. 

I love the old saying , but I don’t get the context here. Anyway, I know you want us to win, sorry that was a silly comment by me. I agree it’s looking less likely we’re going to get off to a good start ( and it’s painful to think about losing to Cov). 
I think nowadays every club has to think commercially and have  a good long term plan ( I think that is how Luton have made an amazing recovery over the last few years). 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, old koppite said:

I love the old saying , but I don’t get the context here. Anyway, I know you want us to win, sorry that was a silly comment by me. I agree it’s looking less likely we’re going to get off to a good start ( and it’s painful to think about losing to Cov). 
I think nowadays every club has to think commercially and have  a good long term plan ( I think that is how Luton have made an amazing recovery over the last few years). 

I get that but Top expressing he wants the players to get his culture just screamed of naivety to me. They'll see it as a jolly up. They don't care. 

The Coady and Winks signings made me actually think someone at the club knows what they are doing and restored a bit of faith. Not cancelling this tour reminded me of decisions that are absolutely indicative of our plight. 

I love Heskey and Taggart but seeing them on the 74th floor of some Thai building surrounded by mascots and merchandise looked more like an advert for winning the Thai Lottery than anything remotely to do with furthering our brand appeal (what's left of it) abroad. 

Edited by Gamble92
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Corky said:

To those earlier who were (correctly) pointing out the difference in how the fans over there are treated compared to here, it is obvious why. They won't be booing the team off, putting up banners calling out the chairman, giving still unconfirmed "nasty messages" and criticising the running of many aspects of the club.

yet they are putting on a FREE open training session a the KP on August the 2nd where fans will likely get the chance to get a ball or a hand clap

Would have thought money would have been better spent getting another winger in and perhaps a few reality check games against Notts County, Lincoln, Mansfield etc rather than these celebrity exhibition matches. There is not a lot of time to waste before Leicester really have to put in a performance against Coventry

Edited by Edingleyfox

Guest Mee-9

You'd have been better playing pre-season friendlies against local teams. 

Games against Mansfield, Burton etc. Get the local fans who actually mean something to this club and city on side especially after how the fanbase has been treated over the past year. Northampton was great and was feel good, but we need Top to have a reality check.

We aren't that footballing giant, if we ever were.

Guest Mee-9

I wonder how much money we've actually lost on this. 

Giving free shirts out to any Thai citizen we can clasp our eyes on, flying the squad and half of Martin O'Neill's boys over the other side of the world whilst a few people stare at an old programme in a glass case. 

It's hilarious. The ownership are absolutely blind. Get rid. 

6 hours ago, Matt said:

The crux of the point for me is Spurs don't get back days before their season starts.

This tour should have been cancelled shortly after relegation was confirmed.

Instead they reminded us it was happening in the report confirming our relegation!!

The original comment was that this was poor from our PR dept, without the way it was handled having anything to do with spurs - some people just can't help but criticise or blame the club for everything.  As far as the actual fixture - i think cancelling it isn't as straightforward as people imagine - I'm not an expert on thai business etiquette but this was probably quite a big deal as far as KP and the thai media/fans/sponsors are concerned.  Sure the timing isn't great, but it's not abnormal for teams to travel far more, and even later than we are.  I guess once you commit to these things the logistics and politics of pulling out are not just things you can balk on. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

I wonder how much money we've actually lost on this. 

Giving free shirts out to any Thai citizen we can clasp our eyes on, flying the squad and half of Martin O'Neill's boys over the other side of the world whilst a few people stare at an old programme in a glass case. 

It's hilarious. The ownership are absolutely blind. Get rid. 

I hate that I agree with this, but it's 99.9% correct.

Today in isolation isn't the issue, it's the constant own goals we seem to keep conceding at board level.

I'm not quite at the 'get rid' stage yet but anymore signals of incompetence akin to last year then I'll be there with you. Lessons must be learnt.

Edited by Fosse93

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Laughable how you can be this far up their arse. We literally had more fans at Northampton than have turned up in our end at this game.

I'm not up anyone's arse - is it not possible to make an observation on football as business without 'taking sides'?  If you can't understand how business commitments work in the context of media and sponsorship, you really shouldn't be wading into a discussion on it.  And i have no idea what our attendance at northampton has to do with our obligation to honour a fixture in thailand?

2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Some very valid points. We used to go to Austria in the past,  but I can confirm it is ridiculously hot here at the moment and not ideal for a playing football!

Bloody true,did you also get those 39-42c, and little respite at night..

Thankfully only got around 36c,and only 2-3 seperate nights

where it stayed damn hot.

But  Mozartfox wouldn’t Austrian regions still get those cooler breezes,

or did you have anything like S.Europe are suffering & very long periods..??

Normally I would be visiting Switzerland,but I am again trapped in the hospital.

My Swiss living daughter was wildcamping

in Wales/Scotland/lake- district.with 4x4 campervan..She told me ex-neighbours & friends in the higher Bern region,it was hot,but nothing like Southern Europe,

This side of the Alps will have their say. Now they have returned,some campervan

Planned refit, then off to Switzerland,to the various high passes,that in winter are not traversable, and they couldn’t do while living there,then through Austria with Montenegro in mind, & the major destination.3-6 months,depends if snow becomes too much of an hinderance.Bad weather itself is not the problem..,but being cut off in the wrong places..also willing to work underway,where people are asking

,no major employment wishes,farms..carpenters, Event organisations,sport or otherwise. Just to build a small buffer for petrol,basic food- necessities,or work & get paid for overnight and food..but also not desperate..

27 minutes ago, Matt said:

Good. Thank **** for that, but despite Rodgers getting alot of flack and blame (deservedly so), he wasn't/isn't the only problem.

just remember, the owners who made some mistakes last year are the same owners who laid the foundation for the greatest  EVER years in the history of our club.. I’m happy to give them the benefit of the doubt..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CloudFox said:

I'm not disagreeing with all you've said, but statements like this ☝️ are a bit silly. They have done wonderful things for us, but we existed before they arrived, and we will exist long after it.

We have had a wonderful last decade, and although they've contributed in various fantastic ways, it is not all down to King Power.

It's not silly in the context that i describe - there is no way we would have achieved what we achieved without KP - i mean, just think of the state we were in with the administration and mandaric, we were a breath away from not existing - fortunately mandaric sold us to the KP who took a shambolic failing club and took it to unimaginable heights - but had he not come along, there are plenty of examples of clubs of a similar size that fell into oblivion, so, no, it can't be a given that we'd even exist now.  Yes, we existed before, but not as a modern football club, but as just another middling club that had never really done anything of any merit.  

The fact that posts on here are criticizing me for showing loyalty to KP are frankly scandalous, it's impossible now for me to imagine our club without the impact they've had on it (and continue to do so - i'm excited about this 2nd generation of our club starting this year).  Unfortunately, since we won the league, many of our fans have become atrocious entitled egotists that expect magic year in year out, it doesn't work like that, even now, in the championship, we need to take a step back and think about how lucky we are to be fans of this club.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Nah because they are KP employees and would cost them jobs.

But it's ok we will carry on to fork out 1000s a year but we must not complain because we get a ****ing coconut.

This is the exact attitude that got us relegated. The players the manager and the board get to easy a ride here.

That squad should never have been relegated, yet the manager set a tone the owner did **** all about it and the players collapsed. 

But ok let's all just sit back and accept it. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Bloody true,did you also get those 39-42c, and little respite at night..

Thankfully only got around 36c,and only 2-3 seperate nights

where it stayed damn hot.

But  Mozartfox wouldn’t Austrian regions still get those cooler breezes,

or did you have anything like S.Europe are suffering & very long periods..??

Normally I would be visiting Switzerland,but I am again trapped in the hospital.

My Swiss living daughter was wildcamping

in Wales/Scotland/lake- district.with 4x4 campervan..She told me ex-neighbours & friends in the higher Bern region,it was hot,but nothing like Southern Europe,

This side of the Alps will have their say. Now they have returned,some campervan

Planned refit, then off to Switzerland,to the various high passes,that in winter are not traversable, and they couldn’t do while living there,then through Austria with Montenegro in mind, & the major destination.3-6 months,depends if snow becomes too much of an hinderance.Bad weather itself is not the problem..,but being cut off in the wrong places..also willing to work underway,where people are asking

,no major employment wishes,farms..carpenters, Event organisations,sport or otherwise. Just to build a small buffer for petrol,basic food- necessities,or work & get paid for overnight and food..but also not desperate..

To avoid the pair of us getting hammered by the FT trolls ( I am currently crossing swords with one of the major culprits) I will keep the short.  If say Leicester were here in the province where all the football camps are, they may be fine with cooling breezes and Thunderstorms.  With Bangkok, yes there are risks at this time of the year weather-wise,  but what happened today was just unlucky. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lgfualol said:

You cant blame the club for weather, but you can blame them for agreeing/organising the game in an open stadium during the rainy season. With all the money involved and importance of this pre-season game, did nobody stop and think that this is a big risk? Is there not a stadium with a roof in Thailand?

So are you saying that this criticism also applies to the owners of spurs and liverpool?  I'm sure they were involved with the planning, too.