Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Double Decker

Spurs in Thailand

8 minutes ago, MPH said:

just remember, the owners who made some mistakes last year are the same owners who laid the foundation for the greatest  EVER years in the history of our club.. I’m happy to give them the benefit of the doubt..

When Vichai was around. Unfortunately his son and those he chooses to have around him are incompetent.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sly said:

It’s more that we are still doing stupid shit @MPH and haven’t learnt from it. 

Top gets a fairly free ride, as he’s part of a brand that has father built. Like Maddison though, he’s got to read the bloody room

before having a pop at the fans. 

We’ve still got the elephant in the room to come, when the monopoly for duty free is cracked if the Thai goverment changes. 

I don’t actually think Vichai was that involved in the day to day running of the club. A lot of the people he brought in are still here and they brought us the best years ever of our club so let’s hope they’ve learnt from last season.

Just now, MPH said:

I don’t actually think Vichai was that involved in the day to day running of the club. A lot of the people he brought in are still here and they brought us the best years ever of our club so let’s hope they’ve learnt from last season.

Only time will tell my friend.

In fairness, even with all the madness we’ve experienced over the past decade. We’ve still potentially achieved more than every club bar Manchester City, Liverpool and Chelsea. 

I think the frustration outpouring from everyone, is that we were on the cusp of greatness and we’ve buckled at the knees. 

• Like 3

Just now, MPH said:

To some extent, that was true.

However, when he was advised by one of his top colleagues at the club that they should really sign a player the scouting department were really keen on, he was happy to write and sign the cheques out to sign these players.

6 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Normally I wouldn’t be too concerned, but we have a new manager and squad, we need to play matches before the season starts. Otherwise our players aren’t going to be able to remember what a ball is or how to put on their football boots! 

I'm not sure how significant the new manager thing is in this instance.  Yes, it's good to judge progress in a live situation, but most of the work, when it's as technical as maresca's, will be done on the training ground, and seeing how well they had adapted in the northampton game suggests things are progressing nicely and rapidly.  This is just an unfortunate glitch; as others have suggested, between spurs and leicester i'm sure they can arrange a BCD game elsewhere.

1 hour ago, old koppite said:

I love the old saying , but I don’t get the context here. Anyway, I know you want us to win, sorry that was a silly comment by me. I agree it’s looking less likely we’re going to get off to a good start ( and it’s painful to think about losing to Cov). 
I think nowadays every club has to think commercially and have  a good long term plan ( I think that is how Luton have made an amazing recovery over the last few years). 

Our first step for any of this really is as simple as 'get promoted'. I thought it beforehand but seeing that 'crowd' earlier should make it hit home. We aren't the news anymore. Anything that sabotages our attempts to get back up, such as this, should be pilloried.

Honestly, I had no expectations of it and it's somehow ended up far worse than I imagined. It's an embarrassing episode for both clubs. I'd love to know the amount we're actually received for this.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

So are you saying that this criticism also applies to the owners of spurs and liverpool?  I'm sure they were involved with the planning, too.

Definitely, that's why I put agreeing (to the match)/organising as I dont know how involved each club is. I've seen Spurs fans having a go at their management online as well. 

The Singapore game is at least in a stadium with a cover so nobody has to worry about bad weather for that. I'm not against well planned pre-season trips abroad.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

So are you saying that this criticism also applies to the owners of spurs and liverpool?  I'm sure they were involved with the planning, too.

We probably paid spurs and it still didn't attract a crowd.

45 minutes ago, MPH said:

Except for the fact that when results weren't happening, he sacked people regardless, like Ranieri and Shakespeare! Rodgers would have been burnt months ago instead of Top's shambling around believing his inane drivel and being outwardly blamed and embarrassed in the media. Vichai would have had him as toast!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daggers said:

Guess having six hour beer sessions in the car park prior to matches plays a part - or don't they do that at proper football?

Just shows the Brit-Hooligans can’t hold their beer, & for long periods

Brit-good guys,can sink them under the table..That’s why they stay hooligans all their life,they haven’t got the intelligence when to stop,nor the nous it’s time to grow up. Same twats every weekend,or every year on any Spanish holiday.that spoil it for everybody..When I was travelling on holiday through & between borders of France & Spain,met 2 or 3 groups of decent but hard young men,who said they had enough

Over just 2 years and are embarrassed,by the nobodies,who get plastered every night and want to tare up the Spanish hosts hospitality,and fight everybody..

So they decided to go to the unknown Spain,or French borders to have their holidays,still enjoy a drink,also with locals willing exchanging better experiences.

I was rough and hard all my life,met the scum of the Rhein army,including officers then again  plus the well balanced groups & troups   & true hard men and officers of the Rhein army.

Its just the negative yobs,get the headlines..yob journalist prefer reporting yob news, than the good shared experiences between hosts & guests..

The old Willy whitelaw under Thatchers government,said instead of putting the offender in borstal,we will force recruit them into the military,they had been doing

that for over twenty years before and after,even now some are asked borstal

or squadie..Not so more pushed since 2000. The military started to put their foot down even for the difficult ones from the higher class families,who committed

Jail time misendemours..not just the WCs or MCs..Even high class lawyers or politician sons..had their bad black sheep…

I was just an awkward black sheep cos I knew or acquainted with that milieu,

or my older sisters, moaned because I got out of washing up duties..:giggle:

My aunties loved me,because has a child I asked questions,but washed up for them

when invited,my future brothers in law,hated it when they told me to go to bed,and I said no,it’s my time to watch MOTD,and not your time for smooching..:crylaugh:

and my parents after coming back from a night out,told my sisters,I might do odd things wrong,but not if he wants to stay up on a Saturday night,and not his duty

to consider your wishes,if “you” return somewhat conveniently early on a Saturday night,ruining your sofa evenings. That’s when I always filled the skuttle  bucket for my dad,early Sunday,if we wanted a fire.or dried up for my mother when my sisters

were still asleep. I always and quite rapidly moved between their bad books & good books,or close between a clip around the hear,or a loving ruffling of the hair..

Difference of being a loving / disliked crafty bastard,

or just a plain worthless hooligan who violently disrupts other peoples lives..

Guest Mee-9

My opinion on the ownership has not changed one bit from last season. Some of you seem to be incredibly fickle and think bringing in an unproven manager, and signing a few championship players is a major coup worthy of forgiving the major cock-up and disasters of last season.

4 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

My opinion on the ownership has not changed one bit from last season. Some of you seem to be incredibly fickle and think bringing in an unproven manager, and signing a few championship players is a major coup worthy of forgiving the major cock-up and disasters of last season.

Yeah but 

Yeah but 

Yeah but.. 

he looks like Pep. 

Guest Mee-9
17 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Yeah but 

Yeah but 

Yeah but.. 

he looks like Pep. 

It's that same mentality creeping in already. 

5 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

I am sure people have forgiven you,for your cock-ups..

Its Football it’s my pastime..Yes the employees lives

livelyhood could be at stake when because of cockups.

But this is my football club..I can’t hold grudges in my hobby pastime.

I will offer up my complaints,negative opinions, but it’s not my company,but indirectly my club,from my home city that I support…I haven’t time to spit out

hatred for something that is my hobby..And their is time for miserable complaints

and time to let it go..For me they all ( in management) stuttered through last season.

The fans for me rightly, expect some sort of improved choice of descision making

& creative thinking,that can promise,( and not just words) they have learnt and can offer the action the will enable us to push us forward.& not in any department or group that they stand still from last season.That would be unforgivable.

I accept,we might struggle financially to fetch too many new investments, in

but I do expect to see then improvement on choice & organisation..

Which often is a blind corner,to what’s going on as far as fans are concerned.

Though now one should put a bit of faith in the old horses,and give them a new chance…the fans descision-making is easy.

.IF..

No improvement , incompetence rife through all levels of off-field management …any fan would have the right to pull away their support while certain management positions are still occupied , but at this moment the support into this awkward unknown season will prove we the fans are doing our lot and willing to give leeway, but be carefull you are on probation and unless they are blind and arrogant,they will be aware also realise ok we fked up,we must prove we can redeem ourselves.

At present we still have a decent squad,I still would like another frontman,somebody who can excite the fans,but has also something to offer..

why should. we summise   the foreign market is better the foreign market