Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Double Decker

Spurs in Thailand

25 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Going to have a rude awakening come September when we are mid table and sluggish.

Why will we? I honestly don't get it. Tell me why you think this ? And if it's because we missed one friendly due to the weather then have another go as it basically affects nothing. 

We have played as many games as any other clubs in the championship in pre season and we have trained in a lot hard conditions too. 

Stop trying to a 'i told you so fan' we have far too many of them already. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sly said:

Only time will tell my friend.

In fairness, even with all the madness we’ve experienced over the past decade. We’ve still potentially achieved more than every club bar Manchester City, Liverpool and Chelsea. 

I think the frustration outpouring from everyone, is that we were on the cusp of greatness and we’ve buckled at the knees. 

Feels to me like a case of fans believing we were invincible and then not having the emotional capacity to deal with the fact that our success was as precarious as it was wonderful.  Throw in an element of those who have developed such a sense of entitlement that they can't cope with the fact that forest are now above us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

You just don’t get it do you, it’s not about entitlement we were relegated when we shouldn’t have even been in the equation, Bournemouth stayed up ****ing Bournemouth, are you telling me that they were in a better position to stay up than us?  The way this club has been run by 2 idiots is sickening, ****ing about in Thailand for Tops own ego the bloke honestly never will learn. 

Definitely!. 

We should have been playing Shepshed Dynamo this weekend. 

50 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Going to have a rude awakening come September when we are mid table and sluggish.

You're making that prediction solely based on one pre-season game being rained off?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

You just don’t get it do you, it’s not about entitlement we were relegated when we shouldn’t have even been in the equation, Bournemouth stayed up ****ing Bournemouth, are you telling me that they were in a better position to stay up than us?  The way this club has been run by 2 idiots is sickening, ****ing about in Thailand for Tops own ego the bloke honestly never will learn. 

Priceless! This is called entitlement.  What god given right did we have to NOT have been involved in a relegation fight?  This is the toughest league in the world, and teams are getting richer and cleverer each year. I'm no expert on bournemouth but clearly they won more points than we did, so for what ever reason they were set up for survival better than we were.  So get over it - bournemouth are a premier league team, we aren't - hopefully this reality will bring your ego back down to earth.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Why will we? I honestly don't get it. Tell me why you think this ? And if it's because we missed one friendly due to the weather then have another go as it basically affects nothing. 

We have played as many games as any other clubs in the championship in pre season and we have trained in a lot hard conditions too. 

Stop trying to a 'i told you so fan' we have far too many of them already. 

I think a lot of people’s reservations with playing abroad long haul stems from the disastrous summer in 2016. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Priceless! This is called entitlement.  What god given right did we have to NOT have been involved in a relegation fight?  This is the toughest league in the world, and teams are getting richer and cleverer each year. I'm no expert on bournemouth but clearly they won more points than we did, so for what ever reason they were set up for survival better than we were.  So get over it - bournemouth are a premier league team, we aren't - hopefully this reality will bring your ego back down to earth.

Nah im not going round in circles with the likes of you, you're an ostrich who thinks he knows it all sat there eagerly awaiting his next person to piss off.either that or you're really thick. Tak and Bye.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lillehamring said:

You're making that prediction solely based on one pre-season game being rained off?

It’s the MO of several posters on here.

Make a ridiculous claim.  Screenshot/save it.  
Then if it comes true, they post their “prediction” on here as if they knew what they were talking about all along.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, marbles said:

It’s the MO of several posters on here.

Make a ridiculous claim.  Screenshot/save it.  
Then if it comes true, they post their “prediction” on here as if they knew what they were talking about all along.

People have eyes you know, they see what's going on, We are not all naïve or think everything is rosy, everything about the way this club is being run is wrong, we haven't got a clue which players will be here, basically everyone is up for sale.The trouble is the predictions are easy to make with Top and Rudkin at the helm,This Norwegian guy thinks the premier league is the toughest league in the world, maybe he jumped on board when we won the league, well he's about to find out the league we are now in is actually the toughest league in the world, especially if you are as unprepared as we are.

3 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

People have eyes you know, they see what's going on, We are not all naïve or think everything is rosy, everything about the way this club is being run is wrong, we haven't got a clue which players will be here, basically everyone is up for sale.The trouble is the predictions are easy to make with Top and Rudkin at the helm,This Norwegian guy thinks the premier league is the toughest league in the world, maybe he jumped on board when we won the league, well he's about to find out the league we are now in is actually the toughest league in the world, especially if you are as unprepared as we are.

It’s one thing to state an opinion based on knowledge (which some on here do).  It’s another to throw sh!t at the wall and see what sticks (as others on here do).  
The former usually explain their reasoning and go on about their business.

The latter make broad statements, and then bring it up as an “I told you so” again IF they are proven correct (broken clock, blind squirrel) - no matter how many years down the road it happens.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

We do feel under prepared , and the squad still looks worryingly weak... but, Do you know what,

The prem is a tougher league than the championship.... because the teams are better! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Not quite sure I would say Australia is in quite the same region as Thailand personally

lol Cant wait for the Kettering Vs Afghan Utd FC in the South Eastern non league cup

5 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Wow..........

Have a Snickers 

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Wow..........

Have a Snickers 

It’s funny cause a lot had this attitude the start of last season that nothing was wrong  and we were too good to go down yet here we are again, everything is going brilliantly such a well run club, Join along when you realise what’s going on again.Latecomers welcome to the party as usual. 

3 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

It’s funny cause a lot had this attitude the start of last season that nothing was wrong  and we were too good to go down yet here we are again, everything is going brilliantly such a well run club, Join along when you realise what’s going on again.Latecomers welcome to the party as usual. 

It's not that mate, not at all. 

But there are definitely some things in life that aren't worth getting so irate about. This might be one of those things.......

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

It's not that mate, not at all. 

But there are definitely some things in life that aren't worth getting so irate about. This might be one of those things.......

Yeah. While what people devote their emotional labour to is of course their business (unless it harms someone else), someone putting a great deal of their emotional wellbeing (as opposed to a smaller, more manageable deal) into something completely beyond their control (such as the fortunes of a football club) isn't necessarily wise.

10 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Except for the fact that when results weren't happening, he sacked people regardless, like Ranieri and Shakespeare! Rodgers would have been burnt months ago instead of Top's shambling around believing his inane drivel and being outwardly blamed and embarrassed in the media. Vichai would have had him as toast!

Or like Pearson where we hung onto him all season and turned it around because we actually gave a manager time. 

It’s simply guess work to say what he would or wouldn’t have done, because he gave Pearson and Ranieri way way longer than most fans wanted them to have.

Having followed this club for 55 years my user name could have been 3 in 48 years. You younger fans are going to have a very painful football following career if you expect more than 3 in 7. You are either in it for the long haul taking the rough with the smooth or quit and follow a top 6 team to satisfy your trophy lust.

we are a provincial club that has boxed well above our weight so much so that other clubs our size would hope to have a small amount of the success we have enjoyed.

Strap in and buckle up its Leicester City the club we love

• Like 3