Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Double Decker

Spurs in Thailand

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Or like Pearson where we hung onto him all season and turned it around because we actually gave a manager time. 

It’s simply guess work to say what he would or wouldn’t have done, because he gave Pearson and Ranieri way way longer than most fans wanted them to have.

It depends on whether you believe that Pearson was soley responsible for keeping us up or not, also before he'd had been sacked it would have been good to have a replacement. Overall, for what he'd achieved and baring the latter in mind, to keep him on seems the right decision. 

Rodgers however was a totally different kettle of fish, despite top 5 finishes you could easily see the rot setting in for a long long time, signposted by the abject performances on the pitch with points invariably grabbed by scoring goals resulting from individual moments of brilliance. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Spot on. 

I also wish we’d stop comparing the Vichai era to the current Top era, totally separate IMO. 

Yes you can see some difference in the way we operated for success on the pitch. However, I wouldn’t say it was all rosy off the pitch for supporters or for some of the issues we have complained about in this thread. It was still on the way to King Power FC. Nonetheless, I’m certain Vichai would not have allowed that embarrassing statement from his son(probably wouldn’t have gone down in the first place), and there would have been more done to reengage local fans this summer.

• Like 1

Was hoping we still do the friendly behind closed doors for minutes when the pitch is fit but Tottenham are already in Singapore so that’s not happening! 

hopefully we have 11. Vs 11 squad friendly at least! Very worrying the lack of game time the lads will have with less than 2 weeks until Coventry game. 

when are we doing to move over to Singapore? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

It depends on whether you believe that Pearson was soley responsible for keeping us up or not, also before he'd had been sacked it would have been good to have a replacement. Overall, for what he'd achieved and baring the latter in mind, to keep him on seems the right decision. 

Rodgers however was a totally different kettle of fish, despite top 5 finishes you could easily see the rot setting in for a long long time, signposted by the abject performances on the pitch with points invariably grabbed by scoring goals resulting from individual moments of brilliance. 

He and his team were, who else was not meant to be? And if you say Cambiasso FFS lol

And baring in mind what Rodgers HAD done before and that we'd usually had enough to limp through a season to safety at the very least. It's not outside the realms of thinking that someone might think he'd do it again. Not my opinion, but I can at least understand someone thinking we'd have enough. It went on too long, but as I said, the same happened with Ranieri... pretty much everyone on here wanted him gone way way way before he did go. 

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Behind the scenes training games don't count

Is this necessarily true?

Surely a behind closed doors training game with players putting in ninety minutes of effort would count more than a half-arsed public friendly with different teams in each half?

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

let me remain angry please

If you, or anyone, want to be angry, then be angry (although it isn't good for your soul).

As long as you don't criticise others for not being angry, be as angry as you like as far as I'm concerned.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mazarron fox said:

Having followed this club for 55 years my user name could have been 3 in 48 years. You younger fans are going to have a very painful football following career if you expect more than 3 in 7. You are either in it for the long haul taking the rough with the smooth or quit and follow a top 6 team to satisfy your trophy lust.

we are a provincial club that has boxed well above our weight so much so that other clubs our size would hope to have a small amount of the success we have enjoyed.

Strap in and buckle up its Leicester City the club we love

Think we just want a club which is competent tbh. Even more so after going through a period of complete disaster under Mandaric down to the third tier. 

We have the tools available to be ambitious with realism. Ie. A functioning top flight club. The club has changed from where it was in my childhood. 

The club which was held back by being ‘provincial’ is no longer the case. Leicester’s a big city and we are one club county. There is no way in this era we should we been second fiddle to Nottingham Forest within the East Midlands but somehow we are. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

We had a great, unprecedented chance to secure our future as a club that can regularly compete for trophies and it's been blown.

No we didn't, I'm sorry but it's just not true. The revenue of the big 6 totally dwarfed ours, even if you take out the European money they get, it's now going to be a big 7 with Newcastles money, and then you have a club like West Ham also making way more than us. 

A season or twos worth of extra money would do little in the long run, you have to spend year after year after year, almost relentlessly. And you need to have enough money to correct mistakes quickly. We simply will never have that money without growing off the pitch, which is exactly what we tried to do. But that also adds to our problems as it's going to restrict cash flow, as those projects need paying for. 

Even with Champions league money, for a club our size all it takes is for a few bad decisions, a few injuries, a few bad transfers and the house can crumble, as we've seen. We had a top 8 budget and got relegated, which says it all. That's before you take into account how the other big clubs will constantly pick off your best players, best managers, coaches, scouts etc etc.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

No we didn't, I'm sorry but it's just not true. The revenue of the big 6 totally dwarfed ours, even if you take out the European money they get, it's now going to be a big 7 with Newcastles money, and then you have a club like West Ham also making way more than us. 

A season or twos worth of extra money would do little in the long run, you have to spend year after year after year, almost relentlessly. And you need to have enough money to correct mistakes quickly. We simply will never have that money without growing off the pitch, which is exactly what we tried to do. But that also adds to our problems as it's going to restrict cash flow, as those projects need paying for. 

Even with Champions league money, for a club our size all it takes is for a few bad decisions, a few injuries, a few bad transfers and the house can crumble, as we've seen. We had a top 8 budget and got relegated, which says it all. That's before you take into account how the other big clubs will constantly pick off your best players, best managers, coaches, scouts etc etc.

West Ham don't make more than we do

Screenshot_20230724_100730.jpg

• Like 1

We've had an underwhelming summer after an abysmal season and there's enough to bring some of our fans back on side. Baffling.

We must be (relatively) the least demanding fanbase in England.

• Like 4

Just now, Babylon said:

Cool... now post the actual figures, considering our last accounts shows a turnover of £215m and West Hams showing £252m.

Sorry I thought they were the latest figures they must be from the season before but even then they only made more than us in one season not sure you can use that as a we can't compete with west ham when we have made significantly more than them over the last 5 or 6 years 

Just now, lcfcbluearmy said:

Sorry I thought they were the latest figures they must be from the season before but even then they only made more than us in one season not sure you can use that as a we can't compete with west ham when we have made significantly more than them over the last 5 or 6 years 

Obviously this is if we had stayed in the prem different story now

16 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

That's not what I said, but the fact is their income streams thanks to the size of their stadium is greater than ours. If we've had more income, it's entirely been down to just finishing above them. Without that greater income, it becomes far harder to compete with clubs who are regularly competing for trophies, like those in the big 6, whose income dwarfs ours and West Ham.