Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Double Decker

Spurs in Thailand

On 23/07/2023 at 14:31, SafewayFox said:

Not disputing that but merely stating that if you look at it this way from a Brighton perspective -

1) Their first ever season in Europe and the least amount of games in pre-season with two of them against Chelsea and Newcastle so could have some awkward score lines that may (may not) knock confidence.

2) One of their star men is missing due to transfer links to Chelsea, with them (Chelsea) not meeting their valuation of Caicedo.

Makes you realise that some of the unjustified hate Top and co. is actually happening in supposedly well run clubs.

Yeh but we have more opionated dish water fans,but still salt of the earth,who one time don't stop to think,then those same individuals then come out with some top & posts..or topics..mixed bag of Liquorice all-sorts with half dipped in marmite..:rolleyes:

Can we all agree on one thing now at least?

Whatever the thoughts and feelings of travelling around the world a week before the season starts, the idea of playing a friendly in Thailand at this time of year was not a stupid idea. 
Just look at every day before and since (even on the day of the game up until one hour before kick off) brilliant blue skies and sun. This was just a freak occurrence which was unfortunate… like playing a winter sport in Britain when on one day we may get a frozen pitch or icy stands and have a game called off. Just supremely unlucky.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Phube said:

Can we all agree on one thing now at least?

Whatever the thoughts and feelings of travelling around the world a week before the season starts, the idea of playing a friendly in Thailand at this time of year was not a stupid idea. 
Just look at every day before and since (even on the day of the game up until one hour before kick off) brilliant blue skies and sun. This was just a freak occurrence which was unfortunate… like playing a winter sport in Britain when on one day we may get a frozen pitch or icy stands and have a game called off. Just supremely unlucky.

It was a stupid idea. I thought that was fairly obvious when I saw the plans four or so months ago while still harbouring hopes of staying up. It's just that the weather wasn't the main reason. Perhaps it should have been more of a consideration, perhaps not.

Come on, it's not like we're getting everything else right, is it? And there is a pattern here of priorities not being where they should be.

1 hour ago, inckley fox said:

It was a stupid idea. I thought that was fairly obvious when I saw the plans four or so months ago while still harbouring hopes of staying up. It's just that the weather wasn't the main reason. Perhaps it should have been more of a consideration, perhaps not.

Come on, it's not like we're getting everything else right, is it? And there is a pattern here of priorities not being where they should be.

Then all clubs are stupid,just because it doesn’t fit individuals how things should be done..

If you want to go around finding fault,one will find it..We and other clubs have gone off on jaunts,but better planned than most

negative airing fans will have..Jesus the clubs over two weeks and 3-4 days before a league game travel to European games.

And it’s been shouted out for decades,it helps to bond the players new & old squad.Managers get to know players also in off-field environment…Why make a fking issue over something that is no Issue…. It’s a proffesional sport,where also other sports-people at the beginning of their seasons do.. 

Or can you only afford fking Mablethorpe,and your club is off to Thailand…

Fk it..!!! It’s a crap total irrelevant pathetic debate, They have every right to organise the pre-season as they like,and keeping and honouring promised tours. We are getting more things right,than moaners give their club credit for..What weird an  idea on priorities…who the fk are we if we go down that weak total pathetic moaning path..I’d say many fans have got their priorities mixed up and confused..Not the club,but I ain’t doing the counting….

Oh,!! I see they have been naughty boys and must obey , the know-alls, I know what good for you brigade..

Instead of using these extravagent wild criticism…please List where they are getting their priorities totally wrong with comparisons…Leaving the relegation out of it…

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, fuchsntf said:

Then all clubs are stupid,just because it doesn’t fit individuals how things should be done..

If you want to go around finding fault,one will find it..We and other clubs have gone off on jaunts,but better planned than most

negative airing fans will have..Jesus the clubs over two weeks and 3-4 days before a league game travel to European games.

And it’s been shouted out for decades,it helps to bond the players new & old squad.Managers get to know players also in off-field environment…Why make a fking issue over something that is no Issue…. It’s a proffesional sport,where also other sports-people at the beginning of their seasons do.. 

Or can you only afford fking Mablethorpe,and your club is off to Thailand…

Fk it..!!! It’s a crap total irrelevant pathetic debate, They have every right to organise the pre-season as they like,and keeping and honouring promised tours. We are getting more things right,than moaners give their club credit for..What weird an  idea on priorities…who the fk are we if we go down that weak total pathetic moaning path..I’d say many fans have got their priorities mixed up and confused..Not the club,but I ain’t doing the counting….

Oh,!! I see they have been naughty boys and must obey , the know-alls, I know what good for you brigade..

Instead of using these extravagent wild criticism…please List where they are getting their priorities totally wrong with comparisons…Leaving the relegation out of it…

I don't understand this slightly rabid response! I think I've been pretty balanced and argued against all of the blind criticism, while at the same time understanding some of the more sensible question marks. I really don't get where you're coming from here. We can't just blindly step into the night without a hint of uncertainty. We're 'weak pathetic fans' but 'not the club' in your words. Really?! Where have you been recently?

You seem to be arguing that the club can do whatever the hell they want, and at the same time that every club does the same. They really don't. And no, that's not ill-informed nonsense. Look at what our FLC rivals have been up to since May. Look at what sides that bounced back instantly did which is different to us, in general. I fully understand a lot of what's happened here, I appreciate these owners, and I don't demonise anyone, least of all Rudkin. But mistakes have been made and this is, after all, a forum in a free country. So what's the problem? You seem far angrier - and it's the second time I've seen this this week on your part - than most people who, understandably, are asking a question here or there. I always enjoyed your posts, but honestly - is it so hard to have a nice, balanced debate without someone demanding that we pull the plug?

Where have the board's priorities been wrong? Well, if most personnel were ignorant of the threat of relegation until Rodgers left, as they've said themselves, then they can't have been where they should be. No? And it's not a good look if your manager is saying he needs to know who his squad is when the DoF is exclusively seen at Ascot, or in Thailand on a tour which - sorry - is not typical for clubs at this level. No, I don't get irked by these details, I understand that the lives of the rich and famous are as they are, but you have to understand the source of these frustrations too. I'm not damning, or condemning anyone. It's an isolated criticism in the context of also defending the same people. Nothing more.

3 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Anyone wondering if this far east tour might inadvertently work for us?

Just feel being a million miles from home in a sweatbowl gives the players total concentration for 12 days, camaraderie and a bit of travel experience to feed the mind a bit

All of that is true. The only thing that is negative is the travel and the fact it seems to have detracted us from the transfer market, to a degree

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

All of that is true. The only thing that is negative is the travel and the fact it seems to have detracted us from the transfer market, to a degree

Detracted some fans only, just put on your thinking cap for once, their will be responsible staff back at home following up on transfer potential..the world does not stop because  the squad and player management go off on a tour.

We live in 2023,not 1823..For important relevant info-exhange there is such a thing

has video conferences.or telephone apps,that cost next to nothing.

Why do some fans still live in that old Victorian dimension…

Of course many managers will also report After following something up,that side can wait until I get back…on many topics. On a transfer potential the relevant player,has had first contact,but few weeks away before he ‚can‘ make a descision,

for a thousand different mitigating circumstances…

I have trouble,in trying to understand the total lack of knowledge from a criticising fans point of view….

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Detracted some fans only, just put on your thinking cap for once, their will be responsible staff back at home following up on transfer potential..the world does not stop because  the squad and player management go off on a tour.

We live in 2023,not 1823..For important relevant info-exhange there is such a thing

has video conferences.or telephone apps,that cost next to nothing.

Why do some fans still live in that old Victorian dimension…

Of course many managers will also report After following something up,that side can wait until I get back…on many topics. On a transfer potential the relevant player,has had first contact,but few weeks away before he ‚can‘ make a descision,

for a thousand different mitigating circumstances…

I have trouble,in trying to understand the total lack of knowledge from a criticising fans point of view….

Some people just want something to moan about & don't let facts get in the way !!