Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Double Decker

Spurs in Thailand

3 minutes ago, old koppite said:

…but some of you want to take the mickey all the time.

Mickey is certainly one of the two words I’d use to describe this tour, that is true. 

KPFC - always taking the murine 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daggers said:

Mickey is certainly one of the two words I’d use to describe this tour, that is true. 

KPFC - always taking the murine 

But it’s necessary isn’t it? Other clubs do similar don’t they?  I hate the idea for the risks involved re long distance travel, injuries etc, and prefer local friendlies in the U K , but I completely understand why Top/ the board have done it commercially. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I’d say it’s a vanity project rather than part of a well structured marketing plan. I doubt it will signal any significant fiscal impact - unless it convinces a business into sponsorships. 

How many other second tier sides are touting themselves on the other side of the planet? I cba to check, but I’m betting Millwall aren’t in Japan and you won’t find Sunderland in California. 

So, OK, it might pay off in some form…but I find it telling that more hype and effort has gone in to this than delivering something of substance to home based supporters. 

But we want to be bigger than Millwall, Sunderland et al don’t we?

Or we become insular and stay in our little part of the East Midlands 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

It's the absolute opposite of necessary in our situation. If the club want to build a loyal fanbase who'll throw money at it for life then maybe they should spend a little more time looking within the LE postcode area. As it is, we're just out there as fodder for the nobhead would-be Super League clubs who actually benefit from these stupid tours.

Disagree commercially. 
I don’t live in the county anymore, but get the impression that the club has been doing a lot locally for the last few years? 
Let’s hope that at least the trip away together will create a strong bond between the players , Enzo and the staff.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I’d say it’s a vanity project rather than part of a well structured marketing plan. I doubt it will signal any significant fiscal impact - unless it convinces a business into sponsorships. 

How many other second tier sides are touting themselves on the other side of the planet? I cba to check, but I’m betting Millwall aren’t in Japan and you won’t find Sunderland in California. 

So, OK, it might pay off in some form…but I find it telling that more hype and effort has gone in to this than delivering something of substance to home based supporters. 

Ironically Sunderland played in New Mexico this week 🤣

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Shhh. lol

IMG_7284.gif

I get where you're coming from though, it is pretty much us and Sunderland that are abroad. 

Sunderland do it every year too. They have a big fan base randomly in some states of America. 

44 minutes ago, old koppite said:

Disagree commercially. 
I don’t live in the county anymore, but get the impression that the club has been doing a lot locally for the last few years? 
Let’s hope that at least the trip away together will create a strong bond between the players , Enzo and the staff.

We don’t have a home pre season friendly this year 

55 minutes ago, old koppite said:

Disagree commercially. 

There's no friendly at our ground this summer.