Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Double Decker

Spurs in Thailand

I don’t think people have particularly called out the notion of going to Asia on a monetary revenue sense. 

It’s been more about showing the same dedication and effort towards the fans which bring in the regular quids. 

Edited by CosbehFox

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

FoxesTalk: omg didn't buy anyone last year got relegated board not spending any money we're skint boo hoo

Also foxestalk: omg modern football batsards evil owners going on a marketing trip to Asia to try and increase revenue what about me where's my free football waaah

Like it or not, growing an international brand is how you increase revenue to bump what FFP allows us to spend and what we have in pocket.

I don’t think it’s the issue with this trip, it’s the fact there is no engagement or transparency for the supporters who go and watch Leicester every week, on the scale that we are seeing in Thailand. 
As for marketing, the impact will be minimal in Thailand on the basis of this trip, we’ve been there for years. The best way to create revenue abroad is to be in the Premier League, because everywhere watches it. Unfortunately our leadership team had their eyes closed regarding the issues that were occurring last season. But it’s alright, Aiyawtt and Jon are joining in with training. 

• Like 2

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Hardly the end of the world is it.

Something the bigger sides have done for years 

Those bigger sides still have home friendlies. For example, this summer Arsenal have Monaco, Liverpool having a friendly in Preston whilst Anfield is unavailable and Spurs entertain Shakhtar Donetsk. Man U haven’t this season but have done previous seasons. 

By all means go abroad, chase dollar but to see  the efforts of a public Q and A, meet and greets (which don’t involve an arbitrary system etc) and minimal activity happen here….particularly after a season where the connection between club and supporters has been severely strained has personally pissed me off. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, westernpark said:

I don’t think it’s the issue with this trip, it’s the fact there is no engagement or transparency for the supporters who go and watch Leicester every week, on the scale that we are seeing in Thailand. 
As for marketing, the impact will be minimal in Thailand on the basis of this trip, we’ve been there for years. The best way to create revenue abroad is to be in the Premier League, because everywhere watches it. Unfortunately our leadership team had their eyes closed regarding the issues that were occurring last season. But it’s alright, Aiyawtt and Jon are joining in with training. 

So what have they done for that's so special whilst out there?

Just now, CosbehFox said:

Those bigger sides still have home friendlies. For example, this summer Arsenal have Monaco, Liverpool having a friendly in Preston whilst Anfield is unavailable and Spurs entertain Shakhtar Donetsk. Man U haven’t this season but have done previous seasons. 

By all means go abroad, chase dollar but to see  the efforts of a public Q and A, meet and greets (which don’t involve an arbitrary system etc) and minimal activity happen here….particularly after a season where the connection between club and supporters has been severely strained has personally pissed me off.

Isn't this the first season we haven't had one for a very long time?

Chelsea, Man City don't have one as far as I'm aware.

What do you want them to do.

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Isn't this the first season we haven't had one for a very long time?

Chelsea, Man City don't have one as far as I'm aware.

What do you want them to do.

Hold an event of a similar nature in Leicester. Show some understanding and respect that it was an awful season last year. 

Have we ever have had a public Q and A with the chairman has happened today in Bangkok? 

At risk of ‘outing’ who I am, I wrote a couple of articles on the clubs maddening stance when it came to its relationship with its fans 

https://www.thefosseway.net/viewpoint/leicester-city-2023-viewpoint-deleicesterisation

https://www.thefosseway.net/viewpoint/leicester-city-2023-viewpoint-alienated-fans

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Hold an event of a similar nature in Leicester. Show some understanding and respect that it was an awful season last year. 

Have we ever have had a public Q and A with the chairman has happened today in Bangkok? 

I think they know its was an awful season and it was shown on YouTube, not that I have any interest in watching it.

Maybe they will? 

What do you what to ask?

54 minutes ago, Bert said:

I’d much rather see footballs getting launched into the stands than t-shirts. 

I also don’t care about a warm can of beer or bottle of water. 

More to the point, can the club not read the room? They’ve shown more of a connection and interaction to the Thai fans than they have done throughout last season to us fans at home and when you consider the shit we got served up and the way they’ve seemed to disconnect and alienate a lot of fans here, people are rightly annoyed. 

Funnily enough I don't disagree. 

I just think the furore of it all, what is essentially a promo and marketing trip for a few days, is OTT. 

People throw shade at the club for giving us free stuff (I couldn't actually care less), then get pissy about it when free stuff is given out in Thailand. 

• Like 1

Just now, coolhandfox said:

I think they know its was an awful season and it was shown on YouTube, not that I have any interest in watching it.

Maybe they will? 

What do you what to ask?

How long do you have? 

A range of questions varying from;

Can you explain the structure and responsibilities of the roles at the highest level of the club? 

What was the reasoning for the lack of action and decision making in the last twelve months? 

Will the club be affected by any leadership changes in offering within Thailand? 

What’s the latest in the forthcoming development of the plans on the stadium extension? 

Is the performances of the youth teams considered acceptable? 

Has the club considered safe standing? 

So on and so forth. But we are digressing from the point. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Funnily enough I don't disagree. 

I just think the furore of it all, what is essentially a promo and marketing trip for a few days, is OTT. 

People throw shade at the club for giving us free stuff (I couldn't actually care less), then get pissy about it when free stuff is given out in Thailand. 

Don’t actually think it’s so much about free stuff.

It’s more about the club making a point of rewarding ‘fans’ on social media yet at times very rarely makes such a public celebration of its home based support. 

I get why people may think it’s irrational because the criticism of it comes from how it makes an individual feel which in this case is undervalued and everyone has a different reaction/feeling to it. 

15 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

How long do you have? 

A range of questions varying from;

Can you explain the structure and responsibilities of the roles at the highest level of the club? 

What was the reasoning for the lack of action and decision making in the last twelve months? 

Will the club be affected by any leadership changes in offering within Thailand? 

What’s the latest in the forthcoming development of the plans on the stadium extension? 

Is the performances of the youth teams considered acceptable? 

Has the club considered safe standing? 

So on and so forth. But we are digressing from the point. 

Think you could probably answer most of those yourself.

So what's you point? 

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Think you could probably answer most of those yourself.

So what's you point? 

As I said earlier, I’d like the club to show the same effort in valuing the supporters from Leicester as they have currently shown in Thailand over the last three days. 

Btw I’d like hear to those answers from the clubs’ defacto owner’s own mouth. Because his only line of communication he chooses to use towards the supporters is programme notes and this season an end of season message. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

As I said earlier, I’d like the club to show the same effort in valuing the supporters from Leicester as they have currently shown in Thailand over the last three days. 

So you what them to make you feel warm and loved?

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

So you what them to make you feel warm and loved?

https://www.thefosseway.net/viewpoint/leicester-city-2023-viewpoint-deleicesterisation

Some points I made in here and how other clubs did it too. 

I didn’t include in there about removing the barriers related to ticketing too. The pricing this season is quite frankly shocking for single game tickets. 

Edited by CosbehFox

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I read it the first time, I think you maybe overthinking things, but each to their own.

Judging from the comments I received off social media, I wasn’t alone. Actually surprised me the amount who agreed and how the demographic differed too. 

You’ve said yourself today the club charging too much at £10 agame for the new Foxes Hub service, to domestic users 

Edited by CosbehFox

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

FoxesTalk: omg didn't buy anyone last year got relegated board not spending any money we're skint boo hoo

Also foxestalk: omg modern football batsards evil owners going on a marketing trip to Asia to try and increase revenue what about me where's my free football waaah

Like it or not, growing an international brand is how you increase revenue to bump what FFP allows us to spend and what we have in pocket.

Those king power employees wearing free gear are gonna swell the coffers aye lol

Much more so than the 100 odd million you get by existing in the prem.

Prepare to see Leicester spend unparalleled amounts of cash after this trip lads!

2 hours ago, Bert said:

I’d much rather see footballs getting launched into the stands than t-shirts. 

I also don’t care about a warm can of beer or bottle of water. 

More to the point, can the club not read the room? They’ve shown more of a connection and interaction to the Thai fans than they have done throughout last season to us fans at home and when you consider the shit we got served up and the way they’ve seemed to disconnect and alienate a lot of fans here, people are rightly annoyed. 

Dear Susan,

When you have stalwarts such as Bert here siding with the crappy sweary tosspots like me, maybe you should **** up your fvcking ears. 

Thanks and everything - love to the family. 

Dave. 

• Haha 1