Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Mads Hermansen Officially Signs

Just now, LVFox said:

I think it's Vardy tbh, with Piroe the ideal signing to fill in when needed but otherwise play from the wing 

When I say unknown, the point is, all 3 of our current forwards have big question marks over them, it's not a given that they will be here at the end of the window, or if they are, if they'll be good enough:

• Vardy will be 37 during the season. He's on £70,000 to £140,000 per week depending on any relegation clauses. That's unsustainable for any Championship club is so much higher than any other player's wage in the division, ever. It's unclear if he'll be 1) good enough, 2) make a contribution worthwhile that expense 3) sold if some sort of deal materlises
  • Daka could still attract interest and be sold for the right price. If he stays, will he be effective? 
  • Iheanacho with 1 year left either has to be sold for £15m+ or kept knowing we will lose him for nothing if we don't go up. He's our only forward we can confidently say would make a good contribution, but even then, with 1 year left, he may (subconsciously) be less invested and therefore less effective, as we saw with many players last season. 

Exciting signing! Whilst I feel sorry for Iversen, as he’s not a bad keeper, this is simply signing a player who is more suited to our style of play. Hopefully we get a decent championship fee for Iversen, and Ward is just locked out of Seagrave. Smithies is fine in the championship as a number two.

The Scandinavian’s put us to shame. Mads just pops up with the most perfect English from day 1. 

Excited for this one. Looks a great signing which the club have clearly reflected with the 5 year contract!

• Like 1

Danish journalist on the latest radio leicester podcast when talking about how comfortable he is with his feet - "he made a mistake a couple of years ago".

I'll take that! We're used to talking minutes instead of years with Ward.

• Haha 4