Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Mads Hermansen Officially Signs

On 18/07/2023 at 23:20, StriderHiryu said:

I don't know about you, but with signings like this, even if they go wrong, I can be more forgiving. £6m these days is relatively cheap, and he will be on lowish wages. Perhaps the contract length could be an issue, but generally speaking a young player that is highly thought of and with bags of upper potential, those are good signings to make. Best case they turn out like Maguire, Maddison, Fofana, Kante (signed when he was 24), Mahrez (22 when signed) and offer enormous value on the pitch and are sold for large sums to reinvest into the club. Worst case scenario they end up like Filip Benkovic, but you tend to get more hits than misses this way.

Even players like Soumare and Daka, for as frustrating as it has been to see them underperform relative to their price tags, you can't write them off just yet, because they are still young and do have good elements to their game. Case in point is Andrej Kramaric who didn't do the business for us, but went on to finish 2nd and 3rd at the World Cup, has been a tremendous player for Croatia and has posted some serious numbers in the Bundesliga.

The signings that I always worry about are the ones like Islam Slimani, Adrien Silva, Vestergaard, maybe Dennis Praet and Ayoze Perez, but both of those were 25. Basically the expensive ones that probably don't have much resale value. Sometimes they can be OK, Vicente Iborra though slow I thought was pretty decent for us and I think we made our money back on him. Don't get me wrong, sometimes experienced players are needed, hence the Winks and Coady signings, but if those two don't work out, it could be highly problematic.

Oh and just for a laugh and to really put this transfer into perspective; Danny Ward not only cost us £12m, but Liverpool also have a 20% sell-on fee lol. Liverpool fleeced us REAL good with that one.

Agree with almost everything you put here but not the Andrej Kramaric bit. He hardly had a chance here with Vardy. He got 4 goals in 11 starts and there were plenty of people who liked what they saw in him. Fully expect the same with Iheanacho, he'll get 20-plus goals in the premier league and probably get interest from one of the big 7 because of that. Then the usual suspects will post on here "Who'd have thought he'd do that!"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Agree with almost everything you put here but not the Andrej Kramaric bit. He hardly had a chance here with Vardy. He got 4 goals in 11 starts and there were plenty of people who liked what they saw in him. Fully expect the same with Iheanacho, he'll get 20-plus goals in the premier league and probably get interest from one of the big 7 because of that. Then the usual suspects will post on here "Who'd have thought he'd do that!"

I know what you mean, but the player himself has never blamed Leicester for what happened:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12741578/andrej-kramaric-interview-leaving-leicester-city-to-become-a-bundesliga-sensation-and-a-hoffenheim-legend

"I have to be honest also, I learned so much at Leicester," he adds.

"It was a big experience for me to see something different. It was kind of my fault I was not 100 per cent fit at that time but I learned a lot. It was something amazing that I will never forget. That is for sure why I am also this kind of player and person at Hoffenheim."

• Like 3

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

Mads 'Mad Dog' Hermansen 😂... 

Watching him today he's certainly going to be entertaining.. For all the wrong reasons!! 

Screenshot_20230730_151753_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox_edit_704852044507551.jpg

Was impressed with his ability to play.

But 1st and foremost keeping the ball out the net is still key.

Hoping he turns out to be our Ederson and not our Bravo.

He looked good with his feet. But did seem to have that RRZ tendency to make the goal look bigger, not smaller. Hopefully, he was just keen to make a good impression and maybe not totally at ease with his new surroundings yet 🤞

9 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

I must be in the minority that was impressed with what I seen 👀 made a few decent saves, not much he could’ve done with the goals… unlucky with the Nunez goal after a decent save from Jota even pushed it into a decent area 9/10, his distribution with both feet seemed unreal will definitely start a lot of attacks for us and finally  he seemed quite happy with coming and punching crosses rather than hogging his line like we’ve become accustomed to… I personally think he’s going to be a top pick up

Agreed, for a debut against a team like that he probably was nervous for a young lad. Impressed overall and from a style perspective is an upgrade to what we currently have.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I already feel sorry for any of our new signings and Enzo

If we aren't top 2 after 5 games I expect there will be polls on here whether we should sack him already, players being blasted in their threads etc.

100% there will. I’d be surprised if it’s 5 games

3 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

I must be in the minority that was impressed with what I seen 👀 made a few decent saves, not much he could’ve done with the goals… unlucky with the Nunez goal after a decent save from Jota even pushed it into a decent area 9/10, his distribution with both feet seemed unreal will definitely start a lot of attacks for us and finally  he seemed quite happy with coming and punching crosses rather than hogging his line like we’ve become accustomed to… I personally think he’s going to be a top pick up

Some of those goals looked very stoppable to me. And shorter keepers often make simple saves look a tad more spectacular, so a a shot which escapes his fingertips goes through a bigger keeper's hands. He seemed slow to react, too far off his line, and prone to parrying shots back into the danger area.

But it's the first time we've seen him, in most cases. He's been here a couple of weeks. And Kasper let in plenty of those too. Yes he was crap today. It doesn't mean he is crap, and unless he's a disaster of Spider-esque proportions, we need to be patient.

Reassuring to see we're still giving our new signings a good amount of time before totally writing them off as being shite.

Remember Rodgers and Congerton aren't here anymore, so there's no guarantee Hermansen and the others will turn out to be rubbish.

#keepthefaith 

Edited by Brizzle Fox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

If we aren't top 2 after 5 games I expect there will be polls on here whether we should sack him already, players being blasted in their threads etc.

If we’re not top 6 after 5 games people should be fuming

We’re probably best side to ever be relegated and we’re in a mess, should be banners calling for Rudkin’s immediate dismissal before the season starts

Wake up and smell the coffee; we are are a shit show

I’m hopeful the anger won’t be on Enzo and the new signings but the anger should be there. We’re currently one of worst run clubs in country 

Seemed a little slow to react with the goals, the header was bizarre, reminded me of the sort of thing Bruce Grobelaar would once do for Liverpool.

I'm sure he will be fine, he's not going to be facing Liverpool every week after all. 

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I'm willing to give Enzo time as he's taken over a complete shit show and we all know our squad rebuild won't get finished in one window. Unless something drastic happens between now and the end of the window, yet again Rudkin will be to blame for the state of the squad. We have several players we need to shift and so far very little noise about any of them going and we are about 4 players short of where we need to be, especially in the attacking areas. Enzo also hasn't been given a good opportunity to work on things in pre season because of this ridiculous tour of Thailand.