Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Mads Hermansen Officially Signs

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Serious question, can anyone think of ANY keeper that is capable of using both their feet? Because based on the clips, Mads can!

I can't remember the last time we had a keeper that capable of using even their strong foot!

Kasper was a great shot stopper,  but had the distribution of a toddler with club foot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

@Sambiasso does this mean that Ward and Iversen will be moved on?

It's notable that Stolarcyk has been used as the keeper for the first XI in games. I think he will be our number 2 because he's better with his feet than the other two.

Yeah we won't have 5 keepers on the books Inc Smithies. 

Is Stolarcyk good enough to be a number 2 should Mads get injured? Not for me, rather keep Iversen but highly doubt he'd be happy with that role.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Who are people going to blame now when a 6ft 1 keeper doesn't command his box, in the absence of Stowell.

With Doyle, Souttar, Vestergaard etc it shouldn't be an issue.

Regardless... Ederson is 6'1,  Alisson is 6'2, Ramsdale is 6'1, Raya is 6'1 etc.

I don't think it's a height issue as such.

• Like 2

I like Iversen, I think he's a cracking keeper. Some of the saves he made for Preston were unreal. I feel for him because he must've been earmarked as Schmeichel's long-term replacement for a while.

But clearly we're now going in a different direction. Hermansen represents how Maresca wants us to play, and Iversen just won't be able to do what Maresca requires.

Clearly, therefore, we need to move Iversen and Ward on. Retain Smithies as the third choice for this season as that has been his agreed role and he should be happy to continue. Stolarczyk should be second choice given his attributes, though being only a year younger than Mads, he'll probably be difficult to keep happy for longer than a season.

Meanwhile, we should probably be aggressively scouting keepers at youth level who can come here and help transition our U18s and U21s into the style we're trying to play, who are ready to become second choice at first-team level or eventually challenge/replace Mads should he move on in a few seasons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

I havent fact checked this but I think he's the first Danish goalie we've ever signed.

2 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Just how wrong can you be, check out Kasper's nationality.

Damn! Never realised 😲😲... learn something new everyday.... 😅

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, BillyFOX12 said:

You’re right we only spend in the excess of £10M for a backup keeper.

20 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

We spent £12 m for ward to warm our bench for 3 years 

I think you're both forgetting this was in the Premier League days. I don't know if you've checked recently, but we're in the Championship now 😘

Just now, fuchsntf said:

Why .. keep the 2 on..Then Welsh rarebit,and Smithies make their next steps elsewhere..

Because nobody is going to want them.

All well and good saying move them on. Where are you going to send them?

Iversen will have plenty of suitors (and we could even get 3-5m for him) and Stolarczyk should get himself a League 1/League 2 loan.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

We spent £12 m for ward to warm our bench for 3 years 

And make hideous cameo performances in cup games against local rivals whilst we were the cup holders before then being pictured partying afterwards  - And then when he got chance to be first choice let in lots of preventable goals for a season

i mean I've always been on the fence over wether Liverpool 3/4 th choice keeper would be a good buy at £12 million :protest:

however I think it's now conclusive 

Ward is shite 

Edited by Bob Weasel Fox