Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Mads Hermansen Officially Signs

39 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Yeah we won't have 5 keepers on the books Inc Smithies. 

Is Stolarcyk good enough to be a number 2 should Mads get injured? Not for me, rather keep Iversen but highly doubt he'd be happy with that role.

I actually thought Ward might be the number 2, because I don't see us shifting him. Iversen will get snapped up by someone in this division for sure.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I actually thought Ward might be the number 2, because I don't see us shifting him. Iversen will get snapped up by someone in this division for sure.

100% my line of thought. 

We won't have much choice but to keep Ward where as we can probably make a couple of million selling Iversen to a Championship club or to somewhere like Germany / France. 

Smithies will likely just stay as inexpensive emergency backup and Stol gets a loan. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, davieG said:

"This spring-season in Denmark, he made a triple save against FC Nordsaelland that was so good Brondby made a T-shirt commemorating it. They were really extraordinary saves."

FrqkB80X0AAv33y.jpg

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Can you imagine the terror every time it looks like Mads may be injured. I'm not sure the coaching staff or the fan base could deal with that level of anxiety !1

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

I’m gonna get in there now and say you’re pronouncing Mads wrong.

It’s something a bit like Muls, but our Danish contingent will clarify.

@FerrisBueller

Seeing how I might be a bit of an expert on the topic, it's pronounced like "mess".

The a is pronounced like in "hat" 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Can you imagine the terror every time it looks like Mads may be injured. I'm not sure the coaching staff or the fan base could deal with that level of anxiety !1

This will still be the case, but we might get away with it more this season compared to last because of the drop in comparative quality. We might have 70% possession in a lot of games so won't face too many shots on goal.

Admittedly, though, when those shots come, we will all be bricking it. I was one of those that wanted a new keeper / Iversen even in the spell just before the World Cup where he got a lot of clean sheets. His fundamentals for a goalkeeper are awful.