Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Mads Hermansen Officially Signs

2 hours ago, CopenhagenFox said:

As a danish supporter I must say I am worried about this signing. 
Hermansen is an average keeper in the Danish league playing for an below average team. Average players in the Danish league are not good enough for promotion ambitions and wouldn't even be convincing players in Championship. 

Hermansen will be one of the worst keeper in Premier League. 

Let me guess, your Danish team is FCK? 😉

• Like 1

From a post (translated) from a member of the scandianvian supporters club:

Exciting purchase of a talented keeper - from my club in Denmark.
But I wonder about the purchase.
In the short term, I see Iversen as a better keeper in the Championship. Hermansen is a skilled shot stopper keeper, but he is a 'small' goalkeeper who has had problems in the field.

:dunno:

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Is it me or does he look like Rodgers gone wrong? Like someone made Rodgers out of plasticine and then squished his face a little lol

Badly made plasticine Rodgers will now haunt my dreams for weeks 

• Haha 1

This comes down to something I've said before about Akanji and again about Castagne. Different clubs in different contexts want different things from the same positions. 

We clearly want a goalkeeper for this season who is able to use his feet and are willing to sacrifice his goalkeeping for it. We're hoping to face less crosses and shots than most teams but will need him to be able to distribute and control a ball. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, CopenhagenFox said:

No - living in Copenhagen but grew up on the continent and support my local club in DK. But speaking of FCK Grabara would be a far better choice as a keeper. 

I don't watch enough Danish football to have a worthwhile opinion on him or Hermansen for that matter. My guess is that Grabara would have been more expensive and less inclined to leave a club playing in Europe to go to the Championship. 

Is Grabara good with the ball at his feet as well? I know he's a good shot stopper, but honestly so is Iversen.

*What is your local side btw?

Edited by shen

I don't know about you, but with signings like this, even if they go wrong, I can be more forgiving. £6m these days is relatively cheap, and he will be on lowish wages. Perhaps the contract length could be an issue, but generally speaking a young player that is highly thought of and with bags of upper potential, those are good signings to make. Best case they turn out like Maguire, Maddison, Fofana, Kante (signed when he was 24), Mahrez (22 when signed) and offer enormous value on the pitch and are sold for large sums to reinvest into the club. Worst case scenario they end up like Filip Benkovic, but you tend to get more hits than misses this way.

Even players like Soumare and Daka, for as frustrating as it has been to see them underperform relative to their price tags, you can't write them off just yet, because they are still young and do have good elements to their game. Case in point is Andrej Kramaric who didn't do the business for us, but went on to finish 2nd and 3rd at the World Cup, has been a tremendous player for Croatia and has posted some serious numbers in the Bundesliga.

The signings that I always worry about are the ones like Islam Slimani, Adrien Silva, Vestergaard, maybe Dennis Praet and Ayoze Perez, but both of those were 25. Basically the expensive ones that probably don't have much resale value. Sometimes they can be OK, Vicente Iborra though slow I thought was pretty decent for us and I think we made our money back on him. Don't get me wrong, sometimes experienced players are needed, hence the Winks and Coady signings, but if those two don't work out, it could be highly problematic.

Oh and just for a laugh and to really put this transfer into perspective; Danny Ward not only cost us £12m, but Liverpool also have a 20% sell-on fee lol. Liverpool fleeced us REAL good with that one.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I don't know about you, but with signings like this, even if they go wrong, I can be more forgiving. £6m these days is relatively cheap, and he will be on lowish wages. Perhaps the contract length could be an issue, but generally speaking a young player that is highly thought of and with bags of upper potential, those are good signings to make. Best case they turn out like Maguire, Maddison, Fofana, Kante (signed when he was 24), Mahrez (22 when signed) and offer enormous value on the pitch and are sold for large sums to reinvest into the club. Worst case scenario they end up like Filip Benkovic, but you tend to get more hits than misses this way.

Even players like Soumare and Daka, for as frustrating as it has been to see them underperform relative to their price tags, you can't write them off just yet, because they are still young and do have good elements to their game. Case in point is Andrej Kramaric who didn't do the business for us, but went on to finish 2nd and 3rd at the World Cup, has been a tremendous player for Croatia and has posted some serious numbers in the Bundesliga.

The signings that I always worry about are the ones like Islam Slimani, Adrien Silva, Vestergaard, maybe Dennis Praet and Ayoze Perez, but both of those were 25. Basically the expensive ones that probably don't have much resale value. Sometimes they can be OK, Vicente Iborra though slow I thought was pretty decent for us and I think we made our money back on him. Don't get me wrong, sometimes experienced players are needed, hence the Winks and Coady signings, but if those two don't work out, it could be highly problematic.

Oh and just for a laugh and to really put this transfer into perspective; Danny Ward not only cost us £12m, but Liverpool also have a 20% sell-on fee lol. Liverpool fleeced us REAL good with that one.

Is there any possibility, then, if we buy out his contract, lIverpool will owe us money? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I don't think they even knew how shite he really was, it took a Brendan "they're both no1s" Rodgers to expose Ward to the world. 

We don't need to worry about that sell-on fee, cheers again Brendan.:brendan:

45 minutes ago, Bryn said:

His right arm is miles bigger than his left, we all know what that means.

What, that he's capable of lobbing the contents of his ballsack a considerable distance with use of his right arm?

It's all in the technique, from experience.

10 hours ago, CopenhagenFox said:

No - living in Copenhagen but grew up on the continent and support my local club in DK. But speaking of FCK Grabara would be a far better choice as a keeper. 

Even as a Polish football afficionado, I'm not so sure on Grabara. Extremely talented keeper, no doubt; but doesn't have the best attitude and extremely liable to dropping a clanger.

As for comparing him to Hermansen I can't comment, so would have to take your word for it. 

21 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

This will still be the case, but we might get away with it more this season compared to last because of the drop in comparative quality. We might have 70% possession in a lot of games so won't face too many shots on goal.

Admittedly, though, when those shots come, we will all be bricking it. I was one of those that wanted a new keeper / Iversen even in the spell just before the World Cup where he got a lot of clean sheets. His fundamentals for a goalkeeper are awful.

Awful he wasn't and IMO,never was..always OTT judgement..

Again I will go down  I flames protecting another player with over zealous criticism..

If he has a chance to,I would first still start him,and I expect the coaching staff & Enzo will be working with him & others on their delivery,near & far release game...Who starts we will still have to wait & see.

But who ever starts we still need 2 quality cover GKs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Ohh i meant today no fresh story today :D:ph34r:

Ok need to go into our page to see anything, just thought usually they have transfer news on front pages even if just a soundbite

The front page will be based on your location, preferences and viewing history. It doesn’t look the same for everyone. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Daggers said:

Insane reflexes

Bloody marvellous..

Now we know he has it him in,and reflexes are top.Such action,doesn't depend on quality of opposition...

Poor/AVG/ excellent penalty one sees in all divisions,but those 2 following natural saves is within the individual GKs capabilities..

Also to be fair Iversen has shown in the Leicester & Preston shirt he has been in such a situation,and made 2-3 immediate following saves...