Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bergen fox

Wesley Fofana

Chelsea dropped a ball on this one. Anyone could see the sensible thing to do was leave it for a year and see if he returned to his old self and was fully fit, or even wait until the January. To throw £70m at a player who'd only just returned from nearly a year out with a bad injury is madness. He only wanted to go there so there was no rush, they weren't fighting anyone else for his signature, but they were desperate to throw money at us to get him.

• Like 3

Feel for him. He was very smart in forcing the move. I think he knew his body wouldn’t hold up long term. ThewIt was refreshing to hear him say he moved for more money. At least he was honest.

Edited by Phenom
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Whilst I have zero time for Fofana and the way he manufactured his transfer away from us, I do feel a very promising career has been destroyed by the most reckless of tackles you could imagine to see in a football match. 

Its was made all the worse because it was a pre-season bl**dy friendly!!

Fer Niño should hold his head in shame!!!

Just googled him, just signed for a second division Spanish club, looks likely to have a pretty nondescript career. He does him in the tackle as well, 100% went to nail him.

Good to see the double medical was a reassuring success for Turd Boehly.  I think the lad may be heading for early retirement which is such a sad situation. 

34 minutes ago, Stadt said:

He's 22.5, lived abroad for a few years and he's a multi-millionaire - he's not a near child.

33 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

At the time of getting his move to Chelsea he was 21. Who can honestly say they didn't do anything at that age that they're embarrassed about having grown up?

The older I get, not gonna lie, the more I see most young footballers as basically kids. I mean he is/was really, as Doc says he'd only been old enough to buy his own booze or vote for a couple of years at the point he signed for Chelsea.

Pretty much a child in my book. Mind you, I'm probably just a little whippersnapper to some ancient being like @Alf Bentley ;)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes, we get £10m each time he has a serious injury.

Ha ha😄

But on a serious note, was it £70 plus add ons depending on appearances and achievement?

I think he's been a massive twat but only want the best for Leicester,  and him being out injured for long periods,  might affect us financially.

As I say, I don't know how the deal was structured,  so I don't know if I'm meh or upset.

11 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Good to see the double medical was a reassuring success for Turd Boehly.  I think the lad may be heading for early retirement which is such a sad situation. 

Can see similar.

Mentioned on the prem thread I could see him needing more surgery on that knee, he's had 6 knee injuries by the age of 22.

An ACL reconstruction will probably affect so much of his movement and speed - two of his huge traits. 

44 minutes ago, Stadt said:

He's 22.5, lived abroad for a few years and he's a multi-millionaire - he's not a near child.

Did we sell him today? Is this the first time he has been laughed at?

Seems people laugh either out of jealousy at his wealth or vindictiveness due to him leaving - neither are especially flattering traits

We made a shed load of cash so alls well that ends well

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Did we sell him today? Is this the first time he has been laughed at?

Seems people laugh either out of jealousy at his wealth or vindictiveness due to him leaving - neither are especially flattering traits

We made a shed load of cash so alls well that ends well

It didn't end well! We played out the season with Wout Faes and got relegated!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

He also left at the right time for him as well.  He secured the bag before his career faded away. 

The only loser here is chelsea and im all for it 

How on earth is the only loser chelsea lol buzzing is he 

1 hour ago, Qwerty said:

Didn't that tackle break a bone rather than do an ACL?  Are the 2 injuries definitely connected?  

Completely separate injuries, but you often find once a player gets a very serious injury they come back more injury prone.  I would bet the last pound in my pocket, if that horror tackle hadn't happened he was destined for greatness as a defender.

Now his career is one problem after another.

2 hours ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Whilst I have zero time for Fofana and the way he manufactured his transfer away from us, I do feel a very promising career has been destroyed by the most reckless of tackles you could imagine to see in a football match. 

Its was made all the worse because it was a pre-season bl**dy friendly!!

Fer Niño should hold his head in shame!!!

Unrelated. He actually always had knee issues. @StriderHiryu posted a great video about transfer failures yesterday and they highlighted his conistant knee issues before he signed for us and then for us (after he recovered from the leg break) and highlighted that they could have known he was going to have knee issues at some stage... this was  before the latest injury as well so they were well on the money. 

• Like 1