Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bergen fox

Wesley Fofana

5 hours ago, jamfox said:

Club looked after him , the fans loved him. He shat all over us , I only wanted one season out of him and would of wished him well as I knew he would leave.   Sorry , its the world's smallest violin for me

...one more season, would have meant £70m less in our coffers!!!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...one more season, would have meant £70m less in our coffers!!!

All if's and but's. But the shit he caused was the final nail in our coffin. If he stays i think we stay up and that's worth more than £70m

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

All if's and but's. But the shit he caused was the final nail in our coffin. If he stays i think we stay up and that's worth more than £70m

...we constantly ascribe this negative value to a player and apportion blame!!!

It is always a poor excuse for our failure last season, we keep going down rabbit holes with this spurious argument.

5 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we constantly ascribe this negative value to a player and apportion blame!!!

It is always a poor excuse for our failure last season, we keep going down rabbit holes with this spurious argument.

Think if we'd have got rid of Rodgers at the same time, that would have given us a better prospect of staying up rather than this players sale.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LCFCABC said:

I’ve said it before - there is an issue with his gait. His running technique is conducive to this type of injury. 

Madness we both paid and received big money for him

TBF, having your leg broken by a stupid tackle isnt down to his gait.

Find some of this thread a bit sickening. Don't get how you could wish an injury on any player (except players like Caden Voice).

Fofana has had a career at the very top level absolutely ruined by injuries. Yes he will be okay financially but listen to any footballer and they talk about winning trophies rather than making money.

Had some good moments at Leicester and we made a good amount from selling him which has likely contributed to us being able to actually sign players having been relegated. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

The hype on here about him was ridiculous of course. We had worth a £100 million and one of the best defenders in the world from some. He has had some tragic luck with injuries and I sympathise with him but he was never that good. He will return eventually and might make a sound , reliable defender but world class,  never.

True. Even when fit he wasn't rated by either the fans or the club at Chelsea.  Had he remained injury free he would not have lasted that much longer at Chelsea anyway.

11 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Loved him when he joined as genuinely thought he was a generational talent. He treated the club like crap and the only good thing to come out of it was us getting £70m for him, truth is I pretty much forget he played for us,. His exit typified the culture of the club of last season and like so many of the players didn’t care enough when it mattered most and our golden era went to shit. 

I have a funny feeling his career will end up being a massive disappointment after a future that promised so much. 

Doubled our money and won the FA Cup. He was arguably our best player that day. Not bad going really. 

35 minutes ago, murphy said:

We didn't really, did we?  In fact the whole Fofana saga was a disaster for the club in my view.

We paid £40+m for him and sold him for around £70m which looks like a good profit on paper until you factor in St. Etienne's sell on fee which was about 25% from memory I believe.

Then we have the big injury on the eve of the season which left us exposed and paying dead wages for a season and the timing of it led to the baffling purchase of jannick Vestergaard.  £15m wasted plus dead wages again.  Then on the eve of the next season he kicks off, demanding a move and we potentially waste another £15m plus wages on Wout Faes, trying to replace Fofana for a second time,  who, after a promising start, has not exactly covered himself in glory.  I reckon we are down overall.

We were relegated by a single point.  I think it is safe to say that without Fofana's tantrum and forced exit  we would have stayed up, so he has cost us big time.

I don't wish serious injury on him but I don't wish him success either and I am not too proud to admit that if he fails at Chelsea it will bring me a degree of satisfaction.

...the problem with your take on this is that, the purchase of Vestergaard and Faes,  should have left us with  £60m in assets!!!

The fact that we bought so poorly was down to the club.

The fact he has had so many injuries since his move and his career hangs in the balance only validates his decision to go to Chelsea. Footballers if they are lucky have 18 years of proper earning power. After breaking your leg if someone is stupid enough to offer you a 7 year deal on 200k a year then you would be off your head to stay at city. 

Thank god he pushed for the move else we would be sitting on another crocked rapidly depreciating asset like Justin or Ricardo, The Chelsea move has been great for wes, great for us and terrible for Chelsea. Oh well they can afford it. 

Edited by The whole world smiles

1 hour ago, bmt said:

listen to any footballer and they talk about winning trophies rather than making money

Yeah, they do talk about that. But then they go to Saudi Arabia or suchlike and prove that for most of them all that talk is a load of crap.

But until I've been brought up in the roughest bits of Paris or literally dirt poor in an African village I'm not going to slag them off too much for wanting money.

3 hours ago, ozleicester said:

TBF, having your leg broken by a stupid tackle isnt down to his gait.

I disagree. The position of his leg and weight distribution as he enters the tackle is down to his gait, balance at entry, and therefore weight distribution

He’s a walking sick note. 

Mark my words this will happen again  and again. 

it’s a huge shame though. He had the potential to be a world class player

Edited by LCFCABC
  • Like 3