Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bergen fox

Wesley Fofana

8 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

£45m plus add ons wasn't it? Assume the add ons are performance related too. It was also in £15m installments a year.

I do tend to be harsh on Rudkin, (because he deserves it), so maybe i am being overly critical here. I just think we signed a great player to a long contract because we wanted to eventually sell him for bigger than we did. No one could have predicted what would happen to him in that Friendly. 

£70m upfront + add ons

Full £70m to be paid in 3 instalments within 1 year

• Like 1

On 18/07/2023 at 15:45, Dirkster the Fox said:

Whilst I have zero time for Fofana and the way he manufactured his transfer away from us, I do feel a very promising career has been destroyed by the most reckless of tackles you could imagine to see in a football match. 

Its was made all the worse because it was a pre-season bl**dy friendly!!

Fer Niño should hold his head in shame!!!

To paraphrase the great Stuart Broad: "That will be the only thing Fer Niño will ever be remembered for."

59 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

£45m plus add ons wasn't it? Assume the add ons are performance related too. It was also in £15m installments a year.

I do tend to be harsh on Rudkin, (because he deserves it), so maybe i am being overly critical here. I just think we signed a great player to a long contract because we wanted to eventually sell him for bigger than we did. No one could have predicted what would happen to him in that Friendly. 

...total sale value was £80.40m!!!

His actions were perhaps typical of a player when a bigger team comes knocking and looking for his services. All I was thinking was that we get the job done quickly before Chelsea changed their mind. There was always this thought that he could have a recurring injury on the leg and we could be looking at insurance payouts as opposed to a windfall to help the club.

It would be good to see how this talent progresses, and what he could be if he stays injury free and gets a run in a team.

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Rudkin did a fantastic deal on this one. Locked him down to a new contract when we knew he wasn’t going to be here much longer, bumped the price up and sold another dud for £75m+ 

More like he lucked into Fofana demanding out 

51 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...total sale value was £80.40m!!!

His actions were perhaps typical of a player when a bigger team comes knocking and looking for his services. All I was thinking was that we get the job done quickly before Chelsea changed their mind. There was always this thought that he could have a recurring injury on the leg and we could be looking at insurance payouts as opposed to a windfall to help the club.

It would be good to see how this talent progresses, and what he could be if he stays injury free and gets a run in a team.

And some jokers on here think we're skint

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Maybe we aren’t but if we are perceived to be, it has to help when buying players, perhaps not so much in selling them though.

Think that went out the window when we signed 2 players for £17.5m

We're being called Leicester Saint Germain by salty leeds fans

Guest Kopfkino
35 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

It continues to baffle me how bitter and childish some of you are over football players.

Where does the mental capacity come from to store so much petulant vitriol?

And all for some lad who played for us for a year and then engineered a transfer away (which was great for us financially) having got his place here by doing the same thing to much amusement of the same people.

The mind boggles.

People are weird. No idea how half of this forum actually manages to function in day to day life.

8 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Rudkin did a fantastic deal on this one. Locked him down to a new contract when we knew he wasn’t going to be here much longer, bumped the price up and sold another dud for £75m+ 

Was a no brainer to offer a new contract as fofana was destined for the top.

No one thought he would want out as soon as he did and he fùcked us by forcing a move.

Chelsea would have paid anything and I bet they thought they had our pants down.

4 hours ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Al this talk about the great deal we got and all this money we mugged Chelsea off for. Well, that money didn't work did it? we got relegated and bought a load of shit players with it, that and the Maguire money actually count for nothing now eh.

...it was a sum which I  was happy with,  the fact that we spent it so poorly has nothing to do with the original deal!!!

2 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

See where you are coming from, Coady and Winks, a clear sign of unlimited budget, oh and no other paid for signings until Barnes is over the line…..loaded,I tell ya, loaded

...so long as all other clubs think the same as you do, then we will not be fleeced when we come to buying players!!!

2 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

See where you are coming from, Coady and Winks, a clear sign of unlimited budget, oh and no other paid for signings until Barnes is over the line…..loaded,I tell ya, loaded

There's a difference between a strategy and being skint. 

They've always operated like this. No one was calling Vichai skint when we waited to sell a player before signing anyone.